Author Topic: Victor questioned about steroids  (Read 6575 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: THE PRESSURE of Steroid Investigations on Vic Martinez is a GOOD thing.
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
Adonis you have 3 day's.
Most are all show no go!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
im all for the legalization of steroids,, but untill then, bodybuilding is going nowhere because technically they're all criminals
I think ALL DRUGS should be legalized, but I don`t think ANY DRUGS belong in bodybuilding or sports.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: victor wanted for questioning
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
I heard he was wanted to put on his deadlift vids onto getbig.

I hope we all can put Adonis to sleep once and for all!
Most are all show no go!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 03:13:47 PM »
I personally think ALL DRUGS should be legalized, but they DO NOT belong in sports or bodybuilding.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
This was interesting.

Bodybuilding connection again singes governor
New winner of Arnold Classic reportedly linked to recent pharmacy steroid raids
Carla Marinucci, Edward Epstein, Chronicle Political Writers

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Printable Version Email This Article

BALCO
Bodybuilding connection again singes guv (3/06)

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger personally congratulated the massive, chiseled winner of his signature Arnold Classic bodybuilding competition in Ohio on Saturday and stood by as Victor Martinez was presented with a $130,000 first-place check, a spectacular trophy, a luxury Swiss watch and an "Arnold Classic" jacket.

Just days before, the name of the 34-year-old "Dominican Dominator" -- who was caught selling steroids to a New York City undercover police officer in 2004 -- appeared in published reports in New York about a major multistate investigation of steroid use related to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative.

Both Martinez and eight-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman -- described as a former client of Victor Conte's BALCO lab in Burlingame -- "were among the many clients in an ongoing multistate investigation that led to the raids on several pharmacies" in Florida recently, though they are not targets of the investigation focusing on major distributors, the New York Daily News reported.

The governor's press secretary, Aaron McLear, said Monday after The Chronicle contacted him on the matter that "this is the first (the governor has) heard of" Martinez's links to steroid investigations.

But McLear stressed that Schwarzenegger has left no question for years that "clearly steroid use is something he is very strongly opposed to" in a sport that he loves.

Still, the embarrassing news that the California governor had just honored an athlete with a criminal background involving steroids is a reminder of the governor's pledge at the 2006 Arnold Classic to "be all over the situation" of illegal drug use in the bodybuilding. There, he vowed to convene a summit of promoters, athletes and magazine publishers to develop tougher drug testing and enforcement to discourage steroid use.

"I have made it clear that we have to step up the testing, and find other ways to be more aggressive" in controlling illegal drug use in the bodybuilding industry, he pledged at last year's fitness expo, which annually draws 100,000 people to Columbus, Ohio.

The summit has never been scheduled. But McLear said that Schwarzenegger "has been in conversations with the top officials in bodybuilding to come up with a system by which they can test their athletes more comprehensively, and that's ongoing."

"If a summit is the means by which to get there, he's absolutely supportive of it," said McLear. "He wants to tackle this once and for all."

Martinez, the 2007 Arnold Classic overall champ and also winner of the competition's $10,000 "most muscular" award, was among a host of athletes recently identified in published reports as having their names on customer lists at Applied Pharmacy Services in Mobile, Ala., one of the pharmacies raided by federal authorities late last month. The names included Los Angeles Angels slugger Gary Matthews Jr., former A's home run king Jose Canseco and former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield.

The revelation has angered some who know the governor well, like bodybuilding promoter Wayne DeMilia. He insists that fault does not rest with Schwarzenegger but with the International Federation of Bodybuilding & Fitness, which oversees major pro bodybuilding events, including the Arnold Classic.

The organization "embarrassed Arnold over the weekend" by putting the former seven-time Mr. Olympia in a situation in which he presented a top award to a competitor with a troubled history, he said. "What the bodybuilding community doesn't realize is that if they keep embarrassing Arnold like this, he won't be in the sport," DeMilia said.

Despite official federation policies that call for drug testing of professional athletes, the freakishly large physiques of competing bodybuilders are stark evidence that cocktails of human growth hormone, insulin and steroids are in the training regimen, DeMilia says.

McLear said Schwarzenegger "is a producer of the event and not the sanctioning body ... and if he were, he would certainly encourage much more testing than they have right now."

Calls and e-mails to the bodybuilding federation for response were not returned.

Schwarzenegger himself has admitted that he used steroids during his bodybuilding days in the 1960s and 1970s, when they were legal. Since then, he has campaigned against their use, citing the potential for serious health complications.

Prior to this year's Arnold Classic, the California governor told Reuters news service that he suspected steroids would be part of the competition.

"I believe they can slip through it. I believe that we have athletes on the stage that are taking things," he said. "Every single year, I feel uncomfortable when we have the competition."

He told Reuters that he wanted to test competitors an hour before the contest, but the federation is "not willing to do that" because "there will be lawsuits, that it will be illegal to do that, to ask for the urine test."

Still, the record of Martinez, the 2007 Arnold Classic champ, has been no secret.

The Bergen County Record newspaper in New Jersey reported in January 2006 that Martinez pleaded guilty in New Jersey to possessing gamma hydroxybutyrate, or GBH, notorious for its use as a "date rape" drug -- but also used by bodybuilders to offset the effects of steroids. Martinez was arrested in July 2004 by narcotics agents who said they saw him exchanging bags and an envelope at a restaurant; he also was charged with the possession and distribution of a similar drug, butanediol, the paper reported.

In his plea bargain, the charges against Martinez were downgraded, and he pleaded guilty to third-degree possession of butanediol that involved no jail time or probation.

In a separate case in 2004, Martinez was jailed for selling steroids to an undercover New York City police officer.

The Arnold Classic itself has been the focus of run-ins with the law over steroid use.

In March 2004, federal drug agents swept in armed with subpoenas for some of the competitors -- a raid that played a role in the eventual indictments of Milos Sarcev, who finished fifth at the Arnold Classic in 1995, and Dennis James, a two-time competitor. Both pleaded guilty in 2005 to misdemeanor possession charges and avoided prison time.

Another competitor who served time for dealing drugs, Craig Titus, is now in jail in Las Vegas, awaiting trial along with his wife, women's fitness competitor Kelly Ryan, on charges of killing their live-in personal assistant, Melissa James, in their Las Vegas home.

Who cares Adonis, we just want to see YOU put up or Shut up...
Most are all show no go!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
Manion and the boys should have thought about all the potential negative publicity before they went and gave Victor first place.  :-\
!

STANG50

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »
Two more arraigned in nationwide steroids probeESPN.com news services

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Two more people linked to a nationwide investigation into the illegal sale of steroids were arraigned Tuesday on drug-related charges as published reports implicated more athletes, including former Atlanta Braves relief pitcher John Rocker and veteran third baseman David Bell.

Steven and Karen Lampert of Anti-Aging Centers in Nanuet pleaded not guilty in an Albany County, N.Y., courtroom and were released without bail. They are charged with submitting prescriptions to a Florida pharmacy -- some "obviously forged," according to the district attorney -- for drugs totaling more than $50,000 for people without a medical need.

Steven Lampert is charged with 20 counts, his wife with two.

"It seems as though our clients have much less involvement than the others," said Jay Golland, a lawyer for Karen Lampert.

Prosecutors describe the Lamperts as "criminal associates" of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, Fla. Albany County District Attorney David Soares says Signature was at the center of a web of businesses and doctors that illegally wrote prescriptions for steroids.

The arraignments come a day after not guilty pleas were entered in Albany by 11 other defendants, including four Signature Pharmacy officials.

Also Tuesday, SI.com reported Rocker, Bell and 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle all showed up on a client list of Applied Pharmacy, a Mobile, Ala., company raided in connection with the investigation.

Through his spokeswoman, Rocker, who pitched for the Braves, Cleveland Indians, Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Devil Rays, denied any knowledge of the prescription and denied ever receiving a banned substance, SI.com reported.

Bell, a veteran third baseman who is not on a major league roster for 2007, told SI.com he received the shipment of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) last April but said the drug was prescribed "for a medical condition," which he declined to disclose.

Soares also acknowledged that bodybuilder Victor Martinez was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the case and is linked to the Lamperts' Anti-Aging Centers. Martinez won the Arnold Classic bodybuilding competition Saturday in Ohio.

Martinez told The New York Times he bought testosterone from the Lamperts after their clinic told him he had low levels of the hormone. He also said the company asked him to become a partner, but he declined.

"I didn't trust them, and other people were warning me not to do business with them," Martinez told The Times.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »
I read that adonis is wanted for questioning in the distribution of aas in this same ring

sorry i dont have a link, but it was on the cnn website

I read that Apenis was putting together some videos.  Sorry I don't have anything to prove it, just like he has no way of proving anything either

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 04:09:47 PM »
Manion and the boys should have thought about all the potential negative publicity before they went and gave Victor first place.  :-\

True... that would have helped cover their asses a little better and cool the waters with this whole thing a little bit...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 04:19:10 PM »
I think ALL DRUGS should be legalized, but I don`t think ANY DRUGS belong in bodybuilding or sports.

I think along with everyone else is that you shoudl shut your piehole until you can produce at least the video.  Why do you LIE everyday. Where is the video.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Re: Victor questioned about steroids
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
True adonis PLEASE shut up. You know NOTHING Absolutly NOTHING about bodybuilding. You are a wanna be. I am tried tried tried of reading your idiotic opinios and comments. Stop posing like you are a Trainer, scientist, bodybuider....

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
I think along with everyone else is that you shoudl shut your piehole until you can produce at least the video.  Why do you LIE everyday. Where is the video.

This guy is the new getbig punching bag. a la Vince goodrum  The lies are caching up

bbinsider

• Getbig II
Re: Victor questioned about steroids
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »
Martinez has been working for big brother for a year and half now. He was part of the Orlando take down stemming from NY.
The BBinsider