Author Topic: Steroid Dosages Used By 7 Top IFBB Pros In The 90s  (Read 6439 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Steroid Dosages Used By 7 Top IFBB Pros In The 90s
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:20:51 AM »
From More Mates, More Dates.

https://moreplatesmoredates.com/highest-steroid-dosages-used-by-ifbb-pros-in-the-90s/

--
Dorian Yates
Dorian Yates stated he used more drugs in his offseason as opposed to pre-contest.

He concluded that it made the most sense to use the most drugs when he's trying in a calorie surplus trying to gain muscle.

After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Dorian Yates' steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Testosterone – 1000 mg per week
Deca (Nandrolone Decanoate) – 500 mg per week
Dianabol (Dbol) – 40 to 50 mg per day
GH – 2 to 4 IU per day
As far as insulin, Dorian claimed insulin was part of his protocol later in his career.

However, he saw the effects it had on his body composition as a net negative, as he sacrificed dry grainy detail in the muscle for a smoother more bloated look that came with the size gained with insulin.

Yeah Buddy
After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Ronnie Coleman's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Testex (concentration of 250 mg/mL) – 750 mg per week split into one 250 mg injection three times per week
Primobolan (concentration of 100 mg/mL) – 300 mg per week split into one 100 mg injection three times per week
Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca) – 200 mg per week (unclear if he used more than 200 mg per week or not)
Testosterone Heptylate (concentration of 250 mg/mL) – 500 mg per week split into one 250 mg injection twice per week
Primobolan, Dbol or Anadrol tablets – Roughly 25-100 mg per day depending on the oral steroid chosen
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) – 4 IU per day
Humulin R Insulin – 30 IU split into two 15 IU injections only for the carb up phase before a competition

Lee Priest
This is the one that everyone thinks is bullshit because of how conservative his usage was.

Notably, Lee Priest was one of the only top IFBB pros in the 90s (if not the only) to do a completely transparent interview during the prime of his career where the video could severely impact his placements.

After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Lee Priest's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Injectable Stanozolol (Winstrol) – 200 mg per week split into two 100 mg injections every three days
Primobolan – 200 mg per week
Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca) – 200 mg per week
Anadrol tablets – 50 mg per day
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) – 2 IU per day

Dillet
Paul's was a lot more detailed.

He had offseason dosages, contest prep dosages, and he even laid out his diet macros which was really interesting.

After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Paul Dillet's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Offseason Cycle
Testosterone Cypionate – 400-600 mg per week
Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca) – 400-600 mg per week
Anadrol – 50-100 mg per day
Contest Prep Cycle
Testosterone Propionate – 500-600 mg per week
Primobolan – 500-600 mg per week
Anadrol – 50-100 mg per day
GH (growth hormone) – 9 IUs per day
Proviron – 4-5 pills per day
Cytomel – Titrating up to 100 mcg per day
Paul Dillet's Macros Pre-contest
Calories – 4000 calories per day
Protein – 450-600 grams per day
Carbs – 100-200 grams per day
Fats – 75-100 grams per day

Aaron Baker
After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Aaron Baker's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Testosterone Cypionate – 400 mg per week
Primobolan – 100-200 mg per week
Anadrol – 50 mg per day
Parabolan – Dosage was not specified
Winstrol, Dianabol, Anavar, Halotestin – Reserved for specific phases pre-contest or during mass gaining phases. Dosages were not specified.
Growth Hormone – 2 IUs/day, every other day, for 10-12 weeks, pre-contest only
Insulin – 10 IUs administered twice a day, pre-contest only

Dennis Newman
After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Dennis Newman's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Testosterone Cypionate – 200 mg twice a week = 400 mg/week
Sustanon – 250 mg twice a week = 500 mg/week
Testosterone Enanthate – 200 mg twice a week = 400 mg/week
Anavar – 25-30 mg a day
Parabolan – Two 76 mg Parabolan amps per week = 152 mg/week
Primobolan – 1 shot every 3 days = 200 mg/week
Winstrol – 50 mg a day = 350 mg/week
Halotestin – Used pre-contest, the dosage was not disclosed. My educated guess is that he probably used between 20-40 mg per day for the last 2-3 weeks of his contest prep.
Growth Hormone – Tried it twice with a dosage as high as 4 IU per day
Insulin – Tried a couple IU as an experiment but didn't want to increase the dosage
Keep in mind, Dennis Newman had a very short-lived career, and this may not be indicative of what he would have gone on to use had his career not been cut short.

Chris Cormier
After listening to the entire interview, at the peak of Chris Cormier's steroid cycle dosages pre-contest, he claims his use broke down to the following:

Equipoise – 300 mg/week
Primobolan – 400 mg/week
Growth Hormone – 4-9IUs/day
Testosterone – 800 mg/week
Winstrol – 300 to 450 mg/week
Halotestin – 30 to 40mg/day
Insulin – Three or four doses of 12 to 15 IUs/day
Teslac – 50 to 200 mg/day

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Steroid Dosages Used By 7 Top IFBB Pros In The 90s
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 11:58:37 AM »
Strange how Dillet was so detailed with drug use but trained so haphazardly and didn't bother to learn to pose.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:02:20 PM »
That's also not the whole stack. It's common knowledge that Dillet took up to 20 Clen pills per day.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 12:06:55 PM »
Strange how Dillet was so detailed with drug use but trained so haphazardly and didn't bother to learn to pose.

How the drugs are so often the “intensity” of a weight-trainer’s “routine” has always been a major turn-off for me.

In Fortress’s world, training has always been the beginning, middle and end.

Eat with a purpose and train like a machine.

Then again, I’m a drug-free lifter. Sadly, also the reason I’ll never be in the “arena” with the Big Names.

But what I can do I can do.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »
Lee Priest said he spent time with Dillet and Dillet hated doing shots and would miss them regularly

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 12:57:11 PM »
Lee Priest said he spent time with Dillet and Dillet hated doing shots and would miss them regularly
[/quote

Hated shooting Winstrol. I know what he means, though I got frustrated a couple of times I didn't quite lose my temper but I've seen syringes flying against walls after a few unsuccessful tries. Only juicers know what I'm talking about  :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 04:37:16 PM »
How the drugs are so often the “intensity” of a weight-trainer’s “routine” has always been a major turn-off for me.

In Fortress’s world, training has always been the beginning, middle and end.

Eat with a purpose and train like a machine.

Then again, I’m a drug-free lifter. Sadly, also the reason I’ll never be in the “arena” with the Big Names.

But what I can do I can do.

You don't drink coffee stop your bullshit no one is more righteous than anyone else. What someone else takes or doesn't take is not really relevant to you. You need to learn your body

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »
You don't drink coffee stop your bullshit no one is more righteous than anyone else
Ridiculous analogy !!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 04:47:33 PM »
Ridiculous analogy !!

Try not to stumble off your high horse and spill the booze

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 04:56:08 PM »
Haven`t had a drink in several decades, can you say the same?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 04:57:11 PM »
HIGH HORSE???

Pot meet kettle!!

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 04:59:08 PM »
Newman and Cormier seem the most realistic.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 05:00:23 PM »
Haven`t had a drink in several decades, can you say the same?

I average about 2-3 mixed drinks a month as I sometimes have one on date night. But no other than that I do not drink at all

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 05:01:04 PM »
Newman and Cormier seen the most realistic.

They are all on a shit ton of gear all of those list whether accurate or not are a shit ton of gear

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »
I average about 2-3 mixed drinks a month as I sometimes have one on date night. But no other than that I do not drink at all
Then you DO drink stupid.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 05:03:39 PM »
They are all on a shit ton of gear all of those list whether accurate or not are a shit ton of gear
So are you.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 05:05:59 PM »
You don't drink coffee stop your bullshit no one is more righteous than anyone else. What someone else takes or doesn't take is not really relevant to you. You need to learn your body

You miss the sentiment in my post.

Yes, I do drink coffee. No bones in admitting this.

But surely you get my (very important) point.

So, no, I’m NOT better than anyone else, in a general way. What I AM saying is, I value, prioritize and focus on the actual mechanics of weight training. It is not only the means, but the be-all, end-all, of my passion.

Others are of their own minds, motivations and priorities.

I merely am commenting with a thought I’d had in reaction to reading another’s post.

Doing so should not signal to another anything beyond contribution to a message board that lives only with, well, “conversing” and offering something of the member.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 05:07:36 PM »
Complete bullshit. ;D

There is a multiplier missing somewhere in these calculations.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »
You missed the sentiment in my post.

So, no, I’m NOT better than anyone else, in a general way. What I AM saying is, I value, prioritize and focus on the actual mechanics of weight training. It is not only the means, but the be-all, end-all of my passion.

I merely am commenting with a thought I’d had in reaction to reading another’s post.

Doing so should not signal to another anything beyond contribution to a message board that lives only with, well, “conversing” and offering something of the member.

He wont comprehend that.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 05:30:17 PM »
Anadrol 50 was a sick powerful oral. Hearing they took just one or two sounds legit. Dianabol when is was real was powerful but not quite Anadrol powerful. When I hear guys saying they use 5 Anadrol and 10 dianabol I know they are taking black market counterfeits. Guys taking 3 Anadrol got yellow eyes and got sick.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
Anadrol 50 was a sick powerful oral. Hearing they took just one or two sounds legit. Dianabol when is was real was powerful but not quite Anadrol powerful. When I hear guys saying they use 5 Anadrol and 10 dianabol I know they are taking black market counterfeits. Guys taking 3 Anadrol got yellow eyes and got sick.

I’ve witnessed guys take one real A-50 tab a day and add dramatic poundage to their core lifts.

Like, Holy shit-level.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »
You miss the sentiment in my post.

So, no, I’m NOT better than anyone else, in a general way. What I AM saying is, I value, prioritize and focus on the actual mechanics of weight training. It is not only the means, but the be-all, end-all, of my passion.

I get what he is saying. He is again trying to imply he values and prioritizes the actual mechanics of weight lifting as if others somehow just throw weights around? First thing someone will tell you that looks like shit is how they train clean and focus on athletic performance and health. Then they will try and tell you they can do more burpees and handstand pushups than the big buff jacked guys who dont know anything because they are all supposedly on drugs. Bullshit heard it too many times

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 06:05:06 PM »
Thats the trouble with bodybuilding no disrespect, those who don't have genetics just cannot accept that those who do don't need that much, thats a hell of a lot of gear, the IUs on the HGH are a bit light but they are quoting humatrope, quality pharma grade but still light especially doz he was 4-6iu , Aaron believable 2iu he was always strapped cashwise,it went higher once Venice started getting the Jin kits in,later 90s but they just water logged guys. They would mix and shoot the whole 10u,or a 100u kit every ten days. Gear wasn't chinese back then either, it pharma grade you felt every ml unlike, todays high dose crap.

Old timer is right on the money as well most of the guys all did the anadrol, it was the game changer in that day, single most powerful steroid in my opinion also the most toxic, but if you could get your water right it made you big full and hard, was the single biggest contributor to Dillet lack of eating it just killed his appetite. Certainly Yates and Levrone were big fans along with many more, crashed your HDL to zero though, harden your look and your arteries same time. You would cycle it in as you dropped your Test pre contest and water if it worked for you, off season was more Dbol it didnt kill the appetite as much.

Plenty will believe you need more but they didnt, and you don't if your not pro level on half, Bodybuilding is not for you.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 06:05:23 PM »
Guys taking 3 Anadrol got yellow eyes and got sick.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Where did you read this? ;D

There isn't an anabolic on this planet that could do that. Not even Halo.

100mg of Drol is plenty for anyone, it swells you up nicely, but it is not toxic on the liver. That is a huge bro science misconception.

Alcohol is over 100 times more toxic on the liver than oral steroids.

Don't even mention Tylenol.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »
I took one Pharma Grade Anadrol 50 a day in a cycle I did..........got much thicker and stronger than hell.