Author Topic: Where is the fuc*ing "WOW" factor?  (Read 2038 times)

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
Where is the fuc*ing "WOW" factor?
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:10:39 AM »
Gentelmen...what in the hell is going on?  All-in-all this year's Olympia is pretty "blah." I mean some of the bodybuilders have done amazing things with their physiques this year (Melvin being the main one), but overall we are seeing the same tired packages that we've seen from previous years. 
I mean just look at the current 9-time Mr. O, Ronnie Coleman...I hate to be the one to say it guys, but Ronnie's physique is no longer appealing to look at.  He is looking blocky as fuc* in certain poses and I for one am unpleasantly suprised. And the gyno has got to go.

I dont even know where to start with Jay.  I think that Jay has let his desire to beat Big Country and win the Mr O has turned into a disgusting obsession that has blinded him of his own physique.  The whole "I'm gonna keep using as much gH as possible just to match Ronnie on stage" just isnt working anymore.  And for the love of Christ what the fuc* is happening to his waist and stomach?  Totally rediculous. 

I for one have always been a fan of the mass monsters.  Seeing guys getting bigger and bigger every year makes me happier than anyone else, but this year something has clicked in me.  So many bodybuilders have fuc*ed up. 
This year we should be looking at people like Melvin Anthony as to what the "standard" of bodybuilding is.  We need to stop settling for mediocrity and look how guys are capable of improving from one show to the next. 

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Where is the fuc*ing "WOW" factor?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 07:23:30 AM »
Interesting post.

Some of this is based on poor lighting.

Many of the competitors look pretty shit on the closeups.  All flex's back pictures look terrible.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:33:43 AM »
you think someone in his 40s like coleman is gonna improve year after year forever and bring a 'wow factor' ?
yeah right.
Z

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 07:54:35 AM »
You raise some interesting points. I am a big ronnie fan but I do concede that it is getting harder and harder to look at him.

Dex and Mel definitely have pleasing builds

Jay is making all of the wrong moves...looks like a block of cement
Here comes the money shot

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 08:05:11 AM »
You raise some interesting points. I am a big ronnie fan but I do concede that it is getting harder and harder to look at him.

I agree.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:04:51 AM »
hey birdman i completely disagree with you.dude coleman is looking bigger than last year and in much better condition.ronnie looks thick,hard and dry at the same time..dude you are wrong wrong wrong.even after coleman retires we are gonna see a mass monster winning the olympia again..you just cannot change this fact..no melvin or dex will be mr olympia..i consider martinez as a mass monster..dude a mr olympia winner will always be a mass monster to the very end..ronnie coleman always surprises me with his muscle mass..he looks bigger and better each year.how can you say coleman looks like shit..dude i think your the shitface guy...coleman looks bigger than last year and more vascular..i think so coleman its because coleman that bodybuilding has survived...ronster looks flawless every year..he is in fantastic condition..how can you not see this is beyond me
YOUR ON A ALOT OF CRACK
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 09:09:47 AM »
Gentelmen...what in the hell is going on?  All-in-all this year's Olympia is pretty "blah." I mean some of the bodybuilders have done amazing things with their physiques this year (Melvin being the main one), but overall we are seeing the same tired packages that we've seen from previous years. 
I mean just look at the current 9-time Mr. O, Ronnie Coleman...I hate to be the one to say it guys, but Ronnie's physique is no longer appealing to look at.  He is looking blocky as fuc* in certain poses and I for one am unpleasantly suprised. And the gyno has got to go.

I dont even know where to start with Jay.  I think that Jay has let his desire to beat Big Country and win the Mr O has turned into a disgusting obsession that has blinded him of his own physique.  The whole "I'm gonna keep using as much gH as possible just to match Ronnie on stage" just isnt working anymore.  And for the love of Christ what the fuc* is happening to his waist and stomach?  Totally rediculous. 

I for one have always been a fan of the mass monsters.  Seeing guys getting bigger and bigger every year makes me happier than anyone else, but this year something has clicked in me.  So many bodybuilders have fuc*ed up. 
This year we should be looking at people like Melvin Anthony as to what the "standard" of bodybuilding is.  We need to stop settling for mediocrity and look how guys are capable of improving from one show to the next. 

And what happened to his outer quad (on his left quad, right side of the picture)? Look how high it attaches on the inner part of its head, it never used to be that way.  :o

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »

his right lat looks pretty strange in this pic . . . don't know if i've noticed this before.