Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

stupid ppl ondumbasses on the heck squat

(1/5) > >>

NoCalBbEr:
hey guys
today was my legs day. you know the usual squats, leg presses, extensions.  the squat rack is next to the heck squat and at the corner of my eye. i noticed a guy dooing  a 1/4 heck squat. the guy was barely bending hes knees.  I was like " why would you lie to yourself or robb your legs for a good workout" in  my mind. alast month i was doing calves, and saw a chick doing the same thing.  what is wrong with ppl.  these days. i go heavy but  not at the cost of breaking form.

Ledd:
well I wonder if those people are doing weak point training or something.  Theres a buff little guy in my gym who I saw on the leg press the other day doing reps with 500lbs, he was only going a quarter of the way.

Bear03:
i wonder if those people know you're supposed to spell "rob" with only one b...

Bossa:

--- Quote from: Bear03 on October 25, 2005, 06:51:03 PM ---i wonder if those people know you're supposed to spell "rob" with only one b...

--- End quote ---

or "doing" with one o...

JUSTJAXX:
and hack with no E

seriously, we cant go around and correct everyone in the gym, so stop worrying about it.  the only time i trip off someones form is when i see them doing something that will get them hurt, other than that, i just let them be.  and i dont dwell on it if i see something stupid.

by being regulars in the gym, we tend to take it for granted that we know what we're doing in there.  we forget that it took us a while to learn proper form, rep and set schemes...sometimes, i sit and wonder why they're there if they dont know how to use the equipment.  bottom line, they're all in the gym for one reason (i hope) which is to get in better shape.  if all you're going to do is make fun of them, then its not a great representation of our sport/culture/lifestyle.  norcal, did you offer them any advice about full extension or bother to ask if they were doing partials?  after my squats, i reset the pins on the rack so i can do partials, does this mean if you were to see me in the gym and only see my sets of partials, you'd be making fun of me also?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version