Author Topic: Chairman & CEO of American Express is Black - does this mean Imus had no shot?  (Read 1346 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

American Express was one of the first major sponsors to pull its ads from the Imus show. 

Coincidence?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
nah..i doubt..there is a BIG difference between a stupid n igger and a regular successfull black dood..i doubt he gave a flying fuck..he did what he did as a business decision..

The deal is that you've got Sharpton doing all sorts of grandstanding and claiming 'victories' when in reality, the decision was quietly made by a Black man and his board of directors who are on a higher and far more powerful level than the Sharptons of the world will ever see. 

And that's the real victory here, if you want to look at it from a Black American point-of-view. 

sandycoosworth

black man as ceo/chair = window dressing ... the decision would have been made by their marketing dept

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
black man as ceo/chair = window dressing ... the decision would have been made by their marketing dept

they got with accounting, who did a quick depreciation model of Imus' earning ability vs. the potential ad backlash cost.   Even though nobody will give a shit in a month about it, they had to do it now to keep shareholders happy.

sandycoosworth

they got with accounting, who did a quick depreciation model of Imus' earning ability vs. the potential ad backlash cost.   Even though nobody will give a shit in a month about it, they had to do it now to keep shareholders happy.

yessir

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
see mon ami..there is NO victory..its just another blow to our 1st ammendment right..

Has he been arrested and charged with a crime relative to this incident?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

He's accountable to the board and to the stockholders. 

As 240 said, they ran a quick numbers analysis and determined that they'd be better off spending their ad dollars elsewhere right now, even if they should decide to support future Imus projects.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Imus is a pain - rarely listened to him, and when I did in the morning while switching channels, I found him to be boring.  When Imus made those comments, and it was one of many, it was just the tip of the iceberg.  Now he is gone for now, probably will be back eventually, but it is a warning to all others to be careful what you say.

I think the problem was the Imus directed it to a group of girls who were smart, a winning team, and nothing to do with politics.  Innocent group, which backfired like crazy on him. 

As for the CEO of Am Ex being black, that doesnt matter.  Imus is a PR nightmare right now, he needs to make a spin on something asap, which won't matter. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Imus is a pain - rarely listened to him, and when I did in the morning while switching channels, I found him to be boring.  When Imus made those comments, and it was one of many, it was just the tip of the iceberg.  Now he is gone for now, probably will be back eventually, but it is a warning to all others to be careful what you say.

I think the problem was the Imus directed it to a group of girls who were smart, a winning team, and nothing to do with politics.  Innocent group, which backfired like crazy on him. 

As for the CEO of Am Ex being black, that doesnt matter.  Imus is a PR nightmare right now, he needs to make a spin on something asap, which won't matter. 

he'll get picked up by Sirius or XM in no time just like Stern, in fact i think he did this purposefully to get out of his contract with CBS and MSNBC.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
he'll get picked up by Sirius or XM in no time just like Stern, in fact i think he did this purposefully to get out of his contract with CBS and MSNBC.

Somehow, I highly doubt that.  :-\
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Somehow, I highly doubt that.  :-\

Especially now that XM and Sirius are merging - Stern holds all those cards.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He may be picked up by someone, but getting the advertisers is much harder now.  As for Serius / XM radio, Stern may be rude, crude and has a huge audience, and a great shock jock, but he didnt play the race card like Imus did.

Ron