Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 180008 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2021, 03:14:04 PM »
Her comments were not racist at all.

You do understand that I was referencing Rosanne's tweets which included a comment referring to former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.” Many folks would see that as a racist remark.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #601 on: April 22, 2021, 03:25:23 PM »
Lebron James should be arrested imo for that tweet.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:16 PM »
Norfolk fires police officer who donated to Kyle Rittenhouse and who said he 'did nothing wrong'
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter
Apr 20, 2021

The city of Norfolk, Virginia, fired a police lieutenant who defended and donated to Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old accused of killing two people and wounding a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer.

City Manager Chip Filer accepted Police Chief Larry Boone’s recommendation that Lt. William Kelly be relieved of duty on Tuesday, according to an announcement just four days after he was placed on administrative leave.

“I have reviewed the results of the internal investigation involving Lt. William Kelly. Chief Larry Boone and I have concluded Lt. Kelly’s actions are in violation of City and departmental policies,” Filer said. “His egregious comments erode the trust between the Norfolk Police Department and those they are sworn to serve. The City of Norfolk has a standard of behavior for all employees, and we will hold staff accountable.”

Kelly made a $25 donation on Sept. 3 on a crowdfunding website, and he commented, “God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong,” according to the Guardian.

“Every rank and file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership,” he added.

Rittenhouse was charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of attempted homicide, and reckless endangerment, as well as possessing a weapon while under the age of 18 in connection to shootings that took place during the unrest in Kenosha on Aug. 25. The protests were in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a black man left partially paralyzed by his injuries.

Rittenhouse said he came out, armed, to the scene to help protect a business from being looted or destroyed. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

His trial was delayed last month and will not begin until November. Rittenhouse has been free on bail since Nov. 20, after his lawyer posted $2 million donated by supporters, who believe his prosecution infringed on Second Amendment rights.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/norfolk-police-fired-kyle-rittenhouse-donation

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2021, 12:23:14 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2021, 10:25:44 PM »
Police Lieutenant Fired for Donation to Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Fund
AWR HAWKINS
15 May 2021

Norfolk, Virginia, police Lt. William Kelly was fired from his job days after it was revealed that he donated to a fundraiser benefitting Kyle Rittenhouse.

Fox News reports that Kelly “was only roughly 10 months from being a 20-year veteran of the department” when he was fired. The Associated Press indicated Norfolk city officials said Kelly was “relieved of duty.”

The firing left Kelly scrambling to find health insurance for his cancer-stricken wife.

He also has to provide for his three children.

Kelly’s donation to the Rittenhouse fundraiser included a message: “God Bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank-and-file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.”

After being fired, Kelly told Fox News, “I thought I was a free man in America expressing his personal opinion to somebody, giving some words of encouragement and making a simple donation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/15/police-lieutenant-fired-for-donation-to-kyle-rittenhouse-defense-fund/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2021, 10:29:41 PM »
Space Force commander removed after saying Marxism is infiltrating the military
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
May 16, 2021

A lieutenant colonel in the Space Force has been removed from his post — after he went on a podcast to claim that Marxism is invading the military, according to a report.

Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier was temporarily reassigned after going on a podcast and touting his book, “Irresistible Revolution: Marxism’s Goal of Conquest & the Unmaking of the American Military,” according to military.com.

“This decision was based on public comments made by Lt. Col. Lohmeier in a recent podcast,” a Space Force spokesman told the outlet.

“Lt Gen. (Stephen) Whiting has initiated a command directed investigation on whether these comments constitute prohibited partisan political activity,” the statement said.

Lohmeier, commander of the 11th Space Warning Squadron at Buckley Air Force Base in Colorado, got into hot water after appearing on the conservative podcast “Information Operation” last week.

His book claims that a “neo-Marxist agenda” has infiltrated the military.

“The diversity, inclusion and equity industry and the trainings we are receiving in the military … is rooted in critical race theory, which is rooted in Marxism,” Lohmeier told podcast host L. Todd Wood, military.com reported.

He insisted that his book is not political, but rather a warning about the increased politicization of the armed forces — some of which he said he’s seen first-hand.

Lohmeier also took apparent issue with Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby — who he referred to only as “a Pentagon spokesperson” — claiming that Kirby had said “there are too many white pilots” in the Air Force and Space Force.

“If you want to provide that kind of messaging to your already-struggling pilot force, you can already expect to see further retention problems,” he said in the podcast.

Kirby denied making the comment in a statement Friday.

“This department has an open door to any qualified American who wants to serve,” he said. “Diversity throughout the force is a source of strength. We can’t afford to deprive ourselves of the talents and the voices of the full range of a nation that we defend.

But Lohmeier said he’s gotten thank-yous from other active-duty service members.

Lohmeier told military.com that he consulted with superiors, as well as legal and public affairs officials, about the book and was told he wasn’t required to submit it for security and pre-publication review.

“My intent never has been to engage in partisan politics,” he said. “I have written a book about a particular political ideology in the hope that our defense department might return to being politically non-partisan in the future as it has honorably throughout history.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/16/space-force-commander-removed-after-marxism-comments-on-podcast/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2021, 10:31:32 PM »
Twitter Suspends Spanish Politician For Saying ‘A Man Cannot Get Pregnant’
MAY 17, 2021 By Evita Duffy

Francisco José Contreras, deputy to Spain’s conservative Vox Party, was locked out of his Twitter account for 12 hours last week after saying men cannot get pregnant. Contreras had shared a news article, which reported on a “pregnant man” giving birth to “his” child. “That’s a lie,” Contreras wrote on Twitter about the article. “A man cannot get pregnant. A man has neither uterus nor ovaries.”

For stating a biological fact, Twitter blocked Contreras for 12 hours, claiming his tweet had broken its policies prohibiting “hate, threats, harassment, and/or fomenting violence against people” based on “race, origin, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, age, disability, or illness.”

“The hateful tweet (which I was forced to delete) was one that said: A man cannot get pregnant. A man has no womb or eggs,” Contreras tweeted in response to the suspension. “You can see this is already fascist biology. Next time I’ll try 2 + 2 = 4.”

A Twitter spokesman declined to comment, according to Fox News.

“We will not yield to Twitter imposing a twisted (and anthropologically wrong) worldview,” Contreras told LifeSite News. “We will continue to speak the truth about human nature. Biological truth should not be regarded as ‘hate speech.’ It’s biology, not bigotry.”

In response to Twitter’s decision to suspend Contreras, his supporters have started tweeting the hashtag #AManCannotBePregnant.

This isn’t the only time Twitter has targeted the Vox Party. Spanish publication “Counting Stars” reported that Twitter ignored overt threats against Vox Party members on its platform. During the Spanish election season, Twitter also disabled the official Vox Party account for 24 hours after it merely posted high crime rates among illegal immigrant minors from the Muslim Maghreb region in Northwest Africa. The statistics were taken from public police sources.

Vox, unapologetically conservative and in opposition to the European globalist movement, has become a major target for Spain’s left-wing parties and the European left in general. It has been subsequently characterized by the American corporate media as “far-right.” The party supports traditional values, small government, and Spain’s historically Catholic culture.

Vox describes itself as the “common sense party” that “gives a voice to the Spanish people,” and it seeks to defend Spain by fighting political correctness, standing up for the unborn and the Spanish family, and promoting limited government. “Life, liberty, and courage,” is its motto.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/17/twitter-suspends-spanish-politician-for-saying-a-man-cannot-get-pregnant/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2021, 10:34:28 PM »
Alaska teacher on leave after ‘racially insensitive’ George Floyd comments
By Samuel Chamberlain
May 6, 2021

An Alaska high school teacher has been placed on administrative leave after telling students that George Floyd would still be alive if he had complied with Minneapolis police.

In a 15-minute video posted on YouTube last week, a masked teacher at Lathrop High School in Fairbanks is seen leading a discussion of high-profile police shootings of African-Americans. When the topic turns to Floyd, the teacher says former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin “abused his authority” and “was complicit in George Floyd’s death.”

“But if George Floyd had, at the beginning when they got him out of the car and went to put him in the police car if he had just sidled into the car and slid it in there, and let them put his legs in, he would be alive today, and you know that’s true,” she adds.

Chauvin was convicted of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter last month after he knelt on Floyd’s neck for nine minutes and 29 seconds last Memorial Day while attempting to subdue and arrest him on a charge of passing counterfeit money.

“If the cops come and they say, ‘I’m taking you to jail,’ then you put your hands behind your back, you let them off you, you get in the cop car and you go and call your parents when they give you your phone call,” the teacher goes on. “That’s what you do to stay alive. Everybody, white, black, brown. I don’t care what color you are. None of that makes a difference. You comply, you do what they say.”

The teacher, a self-described “old white lady,” adds that if she were ever arrested, “I’m putting my hands behind my back and I’m going to jail and I’m calling my husband when I get there, and he’s going to call our attorney. And I’m gonna tell the cops, I’m gonna say, ‘Yes sir,’ and ‘Sir, when you search me, you’re going to find a gun strapped to my ankle, and I’m just letting you know about it now, so that you don’t, you know, so that you can get it and be safe.’”

Later in the video, the teacher tells her students how to dress in order to avoid attracting the attention of cops.

“Look at how you guys are dressed,” she says. “You guys are dressed nicely. You don’t look like thugs, you don’t have your pants down around your knees.”

Lathrop High principal Carly Sween described the remarks as “racially insensitive.” District officials have not formally identified the teacher, but she is referred to in the video as “Ms. Gardner.” Lathrop’s website lists a Connie Gardner as a special education teacher. An email to Gardner’s work address by The Post requesting comment was not immediately returned.

The teacher is eventually challenged by a tutor named Liz who says she’s “a little uncomfortable” about the “insinuation that the way that someone is dressed should garner more response from the police … Police should be trained not to judge people based on those factors and if someone has their pants around their knees doesn’t mean they’re a criminal.”

After the tutor says that “police should also be trained not to kill people even if they don’t comply,” the teacher responds that “If people comply with the police, they have much less chance of being killed by the police … if you value your life and you want to live, you will comply with the police.”

The Lathrop High School principal said that the teachers remarks were " racially insensitive", though the district has yet to make a formal response.
The Lathrop High School principal said that the teachers remarks were ” racially insensitive.”
Google Maps
At that point, a parent who describes herself as a “woman of color who has lived in the South … who was born and raised in the South, who experienced racism first-hand, even when I was a child” chimes in.

“Some of the things that you are saying, I feel like you are very uneducated on,” the parent says, “and I don’t feel like you are able to address these things that are going on in the world today.”

Apparently chastened, the teacher finally says: “I’m not going to be, um, you know, this is a class –“

“No, you’re exactly right,” the parent fires back. “It is a class, it is a class, and this is where it should stop. You should stop this conversation. Period.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/alaska-teacher-on-leave-after-racially-insensitive-george-floyd-comments/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2021, 10:38:12 PM »
Police Lieutenant Fired for Donation to Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Fund
AWR HAWKINS
15 May 2021

Norfolk, Virginia, police Lt. William Kelly was fired from his job days after it was revealed that he donated to a fundraiser benefitting Kyle Rittenhouse.

Fox News reports that Kelly “was only roughly 10 months from being a 20-year veteran of the department” when he was fired. The Associated Press indicated Norfolk city officials said Kelly was “relieved of duty.”

The firing left Kelly scrambling to find health insurance for his cancer-stricken wife.

He also has to provide for his three children.

Kelly’s donation to the Rittenhouse fundraiser included a message: “God Bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank-and-file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.”

After being fired, Kelly told Fox News, “I thought I was a free man in America expressing his personal opinion to somebody, giving some words of encouragement and making a simple donation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/15/police-lieutenant-fired-for-donation-to-kyle-rittenhouse-defense-fund/

He should start a gofundme page.  Then, after gofundme cancels his page, start another on a different platform like Rittenhouse did.

I think that Norfolk is going to pay him a handsome sum.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #610 on: May 18, 2021, 10:55:21 AM »
Commie left just cancels anyone with their own opinion, very cowardly, low IQ gang of returdz.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #611 on: May 26, 2021, 06:35:03 PM »
As a platform (and supposedly not a publisher) they shouldn't be censoring things like this anyway.  Bunch of dorks. 

Facebook ends ban on posts claiming COVID-19 is man-made
Facebook had previously insisted the claim had been 'debunked'
By Thomas Barrabi FOXBusiness

Debate over COVID origins rages on after Wuhan lab report
Jimmy Failla, Michael Gordon and Spike Cohen join 'Kennedy' to discuss calls for an investigation into coronavirus origins

Facebook said Wednesday it would no longer ban posts suggesting COVID-19 is man-made amid mounting calls from President Biden and other officials for further investigation into the pandemic’s origins.

The announcement marked a reversal for the social media giant. In February, Facebook said it would remove posts claiming the virus was man-made or manufactured "following consultations with leading health organizations, including the World Health Organization" who had "debunked" the claim.

"In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made from our apps," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement. "We’re continuing to work with health experts to keep pace with the evolving nature of the pandemic and regularly update our policies as new facts and trends emerge."

Politico was first to report on the policy change.

Public calls for further investigation into the pandemic’s origins intensified in recent days after the Wall Street Journal reported that three researchers at China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology displayed symptoms severe enough to seek hospital treatment. A previous State Department fact sheet noted the researchers had "symptoms consistent with both Covid-19 and common seasonal illness."

In a statement earlier Monday, Biden said he had directed his national security adviser to develop a report on the virus’ origins, including the possibility that it emerged after a laboratory accident, shortly after he became president. Biden said he has called on intelligence officials to present a report on their findings within 90 days.

"The United States will also keep working with like-minded partners around the world to press China to participate in a full, transparent, evidence-based international investigation and to provide access to all relevant data and evidence," Biden said.

Facebook and other social media platforms have faced pressure from both sides of the aisle regarding their COVID-19 content policies. Democratic lawmakers have pressed platforms to crack down on the spread of misinformation, while Republicans have accused the companies of stifling open debate, including discussions on the lab leak theory.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/facebook-ends-ban-posts-claiming-covid-19-man-made

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2021, 06:08:58 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: June 04, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
Ohio American Legion wants resignations after audio cut in Memorial Day speech on Black people’s role honoring fallen Union soldiers
The Associated Press

In this frame grab from video provided by Hudson Community Television, retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter taps the microphone after organizers turned off the audio during his speech at a Memorial Day ceremony on May 31, 2021, in Hudson, Ohio. (Hudson Community Television via AP)

HUDSON, Ohio — The Ohio American Legion is calling on the organizers of a Memorial Day ceremony to resign after they turned off a speaker’s microphone when the former U.S. Army officer began talking about how freed Black slaves had honored fallen soldiers soon after the Civil War.

Retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter said he included the story in his speech because he wanted to share the history of how Memorial Day originated.

But organizers of the ceremony in Hudson, Ohio, said that part of the speech was not relevant to the program’s theme of honoring the city’s veterans.

Cindy Suchan, chair of the Memorial Day parade committee and president of the Hudson American Legion Auxiliary, said it was either she or Jim Garrison, adjutant of the American Legion Post 464, who turned down the audio, the Akron Beacon Journal reported.

The Ohio American Legion said Thursday that it was investigating.

“The American Legion deplores racism and reveres the Constitution,” the organization’s national commander, James W. “Bill” Oxford, said in a statement. “We salute LTC Kemter’s service and his moving remarks about the history of Memorial Day and the important role played by Black Americans in honoring our fallen heroes. We regret any actions taken that detracts from this important message.”

In the days before the ceremony, Suchan said she reviewed the speech and asked Kemter to remove certain portions. Kemter said he didn’t see the suggested changes in time to rewrite the speech and talked with a Hudson public official who told him not to change it.

Kemter said he was disappointed that the organizers silenced two minutes of his 11-minute speech, during which he talked about how former slaves and freed Black men exhumed the remains of more than 200 Union soldiers from a mass grave in Charleston, South Carolina, and gave them a proper burial.

“This is not the same country I fought for,” said Kemter, who spent 30 years in the Army and served in the Persian Gulf War.

The decision to turn off the audio disrespected Kemter and all veterans, Hudson’s mayor and City Council said in a statement, which also said the city is committed to addressing issues of systemic racism and intolerance.

“Veterans have done everything we have asked of them during their service to this country, and this tarnished what should have been a celebration of their service,” the statement said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2021/06/03/ohio-american-legion-wants-resignations-after-audio-cut-in-memorial-day-speech-on-black-peoples-role-honoring-fallen-union-soldiers/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »
Facebook says Donald Trump to remain banned for two years, effective from Jan. 7
PUBLISHED FRI, JUN 4 2021
Salvador Rodriguez
@SAL19
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/04/facebook-says-donald-trump-to-remain-banned-from-platform-for-2-years-effective-from-jan-7.html

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: June 04, 2021, 03:10:20 PM »
Facebook says Donald Trump to remain banned for two years, effective from Jan. 7
PUBLISHED FRI, JUN 4 2021
Salvador Rodriguez
@SAL19
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/04/facebook-says-donald-trump-to-remain-banned-from-platform-for-2-years-effective-from-jan-7.html

When I read about this issue this morning, I found it interesting that Facebook seems to be hinting that Trump likely won't get his account back in January 2023.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2021, 03:17:47 PM »
When I read about this issue this morning, I found it interesting that Facebook seems to be hinting that Trump likely won't get his account back in January 2023.

Of course not.  It's an easier sell if they just do these incremental suspensions.  Gave Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama exactly what they asked for.  But that's what today liberals-progressives-statists do:  silence the opposition.  Bunch of fascists. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: June 04, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »
Of course not.  It's an easier sell if they just do these incremental suspensions.  Gave Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama exactly what they asked for.  But that's what today liberals-progressives-statists do:  silence the opposition.  Bunch of fascists.

“we will look to experts to assess whether the risk to public safety has receded” in deciding whether to reinstate Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, Clegg continued. “If we determine that there is still a serious risk to public safety, we will extend the restriction for a set period of time and continue to reevaluate until that risk has receded,”

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/trump-facebook-suspended-two-years-1234988856/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: June 04, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »
“we will look to experts to assess whether the risk to public safety has receded” in deciding whether to reinstate Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, Clegg continued. “If we determine that there is still a serious risk to public safety, we will extend the restriction for a set period of time and continue to reevaluate until that risk has receded,”

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/trump-facebook-suspended-two-years-1234988856/

Horse manure.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: June 08, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Judge Reinstates VA Teacher Suspended For Refusing To Affirm Trans Identity For Kids, Calls School Response ‘Vindictive’
"A massive victory for freedom of speech."
By  Jon Brown
Jun 8, 2021   DailyWire.com

https://www.dailywire.com/news/judge-reinstates-va-teacher-suspended-for-refusing-to-affirm-trans-identity-for-kids-calls-school-response-vindictive?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR00btp_lv1Kk96JILT4I6euPGvul7qBmpPIs3MpIJ4UWn3r1UpuNDmYZco

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: June 08, 2021, 11:53:34 AM »
Horse manure.

Perhaps. And perhaps lack of social media access is actually a bonus for Trump. He suffers from 'hoof' in mouth disease. He is often his own worse enemy. At least with rallies and perhaps his own blog (if he can figure out how to make it a success), he is preaching to the choir. Given a larger audience, he could very easily lose support.

Plus, folks love a martyr. Right now, there are people who feel sorry for him and angry that he's not being afforded the opportunity others are. I didn't say rights because whether access to particular social media is a right or a privilege is debatable. Free speech isn't always 'free'. Corporations do what is good for business...which translates to what is profitable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: June 08, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
Perhaps. And perhaps lack of social media access is actually a bonus for Trump. He suffers from 'hoof' in mouth disease. He is often his own worse enemy. At least with rallies and perhaps his own blog (if he can figure out how to make it a success), he is preaching to the choir. Given a larger audience, he could very easily lose support.

Plus, folks love a martyr. Right now, there are people who feel sorry for him and angry that he's not being afforded the opportunity others are. I didn't say rights because whether access to particular social media is a right or a privilege is debatable. Free speech isn't always 'free'. Corporations do what is good for business...which translates to what is profitable.

Good points.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »
Liberal twinks are afraid of everything. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »
Liberal twinks are afraid of everything. 

Good discussion.  Refreshing to hear from an intellectually honest liberal.  He can see the bias and censorship plain as day. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2021, 12:48:43 PM »
Good discussion.  Refreshing to hear from an intellectually honest liberal.  He can see the bias and censorship plain as day.

The liberal censorship is insane