Author Topic: Insulin Everybody Doing It?  (Read 13484 times)

bigjoered

• Getbig II
Insulin Everybody Doing It?
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »
I have seen dramatic growth from my cycles but I am still a novice.  I would like to achieve results like the NPC pros at least.  It seems like all of the world pros are known for insulin augmentation or whatever which I have read about but still very under educated about at least when it comes to pining.  In your opinion is it absolutely needed to be massive? 

Any pros who don't?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: Insulin Everybody Doing It?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
man that is funny, i was just coming on here to make a thread about insulin use hahah

i have been thinking the same, i mean i have used inslulin plenty of times but was wondering if phil and them guys use it, obviously we wont know unless they say but what do you think are the chances they use it too?

muscle

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
Unless you plan on competing at a high level the health risks are not worth it IMO

Satva1100

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:08 PM »
insulin is the best thing i ever tried the gains were unbelieveable. i use 15iu post workout i tried early am and post workout but couldnt handle all the food i had to eat since i workout around 11 am

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
health risks like possibly going into coma? what are long term
muscle

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
Long term could be becoming a diabetic...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
insulin isnt needed unless your going for a pro card.......... end of story

im sure once youve got to that extreme youd of maxed your gains from normal gear and hgh,,,,

dustin

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »
Strong misinformation here. I'm sure tbombz, vanb or someone else will clear up the retardation here. I'm off to the gym nuckazzzz!!!

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:50:41 PM »
insulin is great stuff!!! and you dont need alot to get benefits! and i have never felt close to going  in a coma or anything else, so someone has to be totally retarded to f this up and wind up hurt or dead.
muscle

dustin

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »
insulin is great stuff!!! and you dont need alot to get benefits! and i have never felt close to going  in a coma or anything else, so someone has to be totally retarded to f this up and wind up hurt or dead.

I concur. It's a compound that needs to be understood and appreciated to the fullest extent before using. I'm not going to say I'm a swole 280lb beast who's 8% bf and looking for an edge to eek past 300lbs at under 10% bf. But I will say that I understand this compound on paper and in real life and think it's great stuff if you know how to use it.

Contrary to popular belief, you won't become diabetic by using it. I don't know where that myth came from. You become diabetic when you abuse your body and force it to crank out insulin inappropriately (example, eating sugar all the time and not living an active lifestyle). If you're active and have low glycogen stores, consuming a high glycemic carbohydrate with EXOGENOUS insulin is a good thing. It's much better to bang back slin and consume high GI carbs as opposed to just the carbs alone.

If anyone understands hormones and the negative feedback loop, they should at least be able to guess at why insulin can be advantageous. On top of serving it's regular purpose, exogenous insulin dosed as liberal levels can create more new glycogen than your body would alone. Genetic predisposition can also lead to challenges with this hormone.

It's an anabolic hormone obviously, helps to stave catabolism and increase nitrogen retention, can help with insulin sensitivity if you have a strict monitored diet and can obviously expedite recovery and protein turn over. It's basically good shit, if you know how to use it safely and without getting fat. It's easy to get big on slin, but a little more difficult to get big and remain lean. It's a compound that cookie cutter internet protocols are no good for. You need a blood sugar monitor, a notebook and some patience.

I've yet to use it on cycle but I figure that I'll hold out until I hit a plateau. Just got back on low dose hormones and I'm getting hard, lean and more full. I'll start carb cycling in preparation for the slin and then resume my otherwise low carb diet with slin. Most, if not all my glycogen is stored post cardio and post workout and then only trace carbs at other times. Really helped to improve my insulin sensitivity when I used it off cycle. I can only imagine what it'll do with androgens in my system now :)

I can maybe make an update thread with some of my observations once I hit it up again. It's Humalog by the way. I've considered using a longer type of insulin like Lantus but then the recent news article put some doubt in my mind. Humalog FTW!!

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 06:20:12 AM »
Good input but still it seems that you have diffrent opinions on the subject.  I have easy access to the stuff and while haven't done gear over a year at this point I was wondering if incorporating it to early has any drawbacks or possible benefits.  Some of the natural guys at my gym often tell me that they simply ingest sugars preworkout to stimulate an insulin response and it works for them in addition to simple carbs.

I know there are alot of shark oil supplements that are supposed to augment your levels but we all know thats BS.  So what to do?

Tell me when did you guys start incorporating it with your cycles and what was your reasons?  Noticeable difference or not really noticeable?  Thanks

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »
Excelent post dustin !

bigjoered how old are you? I think unless competing on a high level its best for someone as you age, so you can take in the necessary amounts of simple carbs, especialy after a workout, and ease the burden on the pancreas with the exogenous insulin. Over 35-40 to me it makes sense to use almost in an hrt way for someone who still lives the bodybuilding lifestyle. No reason to even consider it if your young and not trying to go far competitvely.

danger is zero unless you inject a large dosage and dont eat. Its the easiest and safest to use in all the compounds in my opinion. Ive never known anyone to have any problems, only have to figure for each individual the ideal amount of carbs for maximum response.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
i knew a guy who went into a coma and almost died...he also fried his brain up a bit and never has been the same sincee...thats my reasoning for never touching that stuff

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »
i knew a guy who went into a coma and almost died...he also fried his brain up a bit and never has been the same sincee...thats my reasoning for never touching that stuff

was he diesel b4 he became like that - like what 6' 280lbs lean?

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »
i love slim for mass

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
He was around 220 lean

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »
in my opinion insulin helps put on mass simply because people normally dont focus enough on eating carbohydrates.. then they take slin everyday and are forced to eat alot of carbs every day with it

you can achieve almost the exact same effect just by eating as if you were using slin, but without actually using the insulin.

when it starts to become advantageous, beyond just eatijng extra carbs, it hink its probablyt when you are very heavily muscled and yoru bodiesn output of insulin isnt enough to fully stimulate all of the insulin receptors in your muscel.... at that point mega dosiong insluin will be great for boosting gains

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »
Unless you plan on competing at a high level the health risks are not worth it IMO

x3

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
Idc what anyone says on here...insulin is not to be fucked around with

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »
Idc what anyone says on here...insulin is not to be fucked around with
if your a stupid fuck, then yes your right. but for people who arent retarded and will take the proper precautions (eat glucose)... theres no reason to fear its use.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »
i agree, i have uised it often and just did a bout 15 min ago and i will not die haha
muscle

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »
I am 30 and naturally very lean normally weighing about 225 with 12%Bf now about 245.  I have been told that I don't eat enough by some of the guys that are competing so I might be cautious about using it just yet.  I would like to use it at some point if it will help me get to the next level while on gear.  Is anybody using while off a cycle?  Advantages/ disadvantages?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
i knew few people use it off season but i think your more proine to fat gain but good be good with gh
muscle

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »
Make sure that when you stick yourself, you don't accidently stick that fat ass next to you. She might not wake up again.  ;D

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »
if your a stupid fuck, then yes your right. but for people who arent retarded and will take the proper precautions (eat glucose)... theres no reason to fear its use.

Agreed, lots of fear mongering out there among people who've never touched it.