Author Topic: Caliber Grocery Supply......Now Its Caliber Grocers  (Read 167369 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Caliber Organic Grocery Services Preview......90% Finished
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 05:10:28 AM »
  Do you actually have your own stock and a warehouse/ store of your own or do you have to order everything from the manufacturers?

Whatever happened to Goodrum nutriceuticals?
O

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 05:23:51 AM »
  Do you actually have your own stock and a warehouse/ store of your own or do you have to order everything from the manufacturers?

Whatever happened to Goodrum nutriceuticals?

I decided against creating my own line because there's just so many out there already that I would have gotten lost in the mix.  I don't stock any inventory....I use a national grocery supplier for all of my product.  They supply the majority of organic and health food stores around the U.S.  The difference is that rather than using their web store service, I've built my own and modified it to connect to their database system directly.  It updates product inventory and pricing every night. 

Overall, the cost to run the grocery website is 15 dollars a month because its running off of my server that runs the rest of my websites and I built it myself.  I need to set up a couple of other things such as the shipping rate calculator and attach the SSL to it which I cannot do until Monday...afterwards I'll set the prices and it will be online.

A

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 05:37:18 AM »
good luck vince

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »
Well good luck with it Vince.
O

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
I notice that, i had to modify thek site to take the file.  The csv file is 11 megs.  I'll take care of that soon

It should help your site if you can decrease the loading time of the site.

Good luck man!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
It should help your site if you can decrease the loading time of the site.

Good luck man!

I made some modifications to it....moves much faster now.  I'll work on it more in the future
A

Jizzacked

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »

I made some modifications to it....moves much faster now.  I'll work on it more in the future

still takes 12-15 seconds for a product page load

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
You can buy a dildo and supplements all on one site.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
still takes 12-15 seconds for a product page load

Its a heavy file load, my other site I'm working on Caliber Gym Supply at calibergym.com actually crashed and burned pretty hard.  It will take a bit of time
A

Jizzacked

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
Its a heavy file load, my other site I'm working on Caliber Gym Supply at calibergym.com actually crashed and burned pretty hard.

you need to rethink your strategy of constantly loading your massive csv file.  the site is far too slow, and you are setting yourself up for failure if you don't get this under control.  if the task is outside of your skillset, look on subcontracting some outside assistance to come up with a solution.  plenty of sites exist to find freelance developers.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
you need to rethink your strategy of constantly loading your massive csv file.  the site is far too slow, and you are setting yourself up for failure if you don't get this under control.  if the task is outside of your skillset, look on subcontracting some outside assistance to come up with a solution.  plenty of sites exist to find freelance developers.

I've never ran into any project that did not require any fine tuning and this one is no different.  That's why I don't launch any website until its just right.  I've already knocked down the load time from 50 seconds but there's still other things to take care of other than speed
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
You can buy a dildo and supplements all on one site.

It's a baguette and she looks like she could take most of it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
vince how come beans are nearly double the price of normal beans i get at the super market?

Maybe they're magic beans?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »
It's a baguette and she looks like she could take most of it.

Ah, I thought the photographer purposely threw a dildo in the bag /w produce.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »
Just to let you folks know...I also built a sister site selling gym equipment and supplies for schools

www.calibergym.com
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
Just to let you folks know...I also built a sister site selling gym equipment and supplies for schools

www.calibergym.com

Wouldn't schools seek suppliers on a tender basis through the municipality?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »
Wouldn't schools seek suppliers on a tender basis through the municipality?

Not really, because its state and federal money they go with whatever is around.  This isn't a new business venture....I've actually started sellling school supplies since 2007 but I just mailed out catalogs.  Now they can come online and get their stuff and with their coupon code, they can get their usual discounts that I gave them.  Saves me a bunch of time from having to deal with fax and phone orders where I had to manually enter everything.

The thing is that I actually have a number of businesses that I don't mention....I even have a kitchen and appliance company
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
Not really, because its state and federal money they go with whatever is around.  This isn't a new business venture....I've actually started sellling school supplies since 2007 but I just mailed out catalogs.  Now they can come online and get their stuff and with their coupon code, they can get their usual discounts that I gave them.  Saves me a bunch of time from having to deal with fax and phone orders where I had to manually enter everything.

The thing is that I actually have a number of businesses that I don't mention....I even have a kitchen and appliance company

I just have the one and it's gonna be the end of me.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:16 AM »
One thing I don't quite get is why your main page is leading me to believe I've stumbled onto a tech website. You selling electronics too?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »

I decided against creating my own line because there's just so many out there already that I would have gotten lost in the mix.  I don't stock any inventory....I use a national grocery supplier for all of my product.  They supply the majority of organic and health food stores around the U.S.  The difference is that rather than using their web store service, I've built my own and modified it to connect to their database system directly.  It updates product inventory and pricing every night. 

Overall, the cost to run the grocery website is 15 dollars a month because its running off of my server that runs the rest of my websites and I built it myself.  I need to set up a couple of other things such as the shipping rate calculator and attach the SSL to it which I cannot do until Monday...afterwards I'll set the prices and it will be online.

Called dropship companies here in the UK. Maybe the same in the US, don't know. It's a smart idea to do so in my opinion. Fuck buying expensive stock. One thing I'm wondering about is why you took a year to build the website when you can have it done for practically nothing online at places such as Moonfruit and the likes? Comes optimized straight out of the box and you get to configure the whole thing exactly the way you want it, complete with a checkout system too.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 05:27:21 AM »
Called dropship companies here in the UK. Maybe the same in the US, don't know. It's a smart idea to do so in my opinion. Fuck buying expensive stock. One thing I'm wondering about is why you took a year to build the website when you can have it done for practically nothing online at places such as Moonfruit and the likes? Comes optimized straight out of the box and you get to configure the whole thing exactly the way you want it, complete with a checkout system too.

The design isn't just for one website but for all of my ecommerce stores that I build in the future.  I'm moving all of my stores from Cubecart to Opencart because its no longer being supported like it used to and it has the ability to be expanded in modules for the future. 

Moonfruit is a come and go system.......I have to have one that is on the rise and expanding.
A

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 06:36:17 AM »
For someone who wants to live "off the grid" its rather confusing that you would have multiple commerce sites running that all point back to you (of which you will no doubt have to file taxes on), accept credit cards which all will point back to you, and then come and post on a public forum...which can get back to you.

???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:49 AM »
For someone who wants to live "off the grid" its rather confusing that you would have multiple commerce sites running that all point back to you (of which you will no doubt have to file taxes on), accept credit cards which all will point back to you, and then come and post on a public forum...which can get back to you.

???

Even off the grid, you have to have a source of income.  This is how I pay the bills and if all I need is a computer and internet access, then it isn't too bad
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »
One thing I don't quite get is why your main page is leading me to believe I've stumbled onto a tech website. You selling electronics too?

No, I'm rebuilding the site with a much smaller XML file so it will run much faster.  The tech images are default by Opencart
A

the trainer

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »
You got to hand it to vince he has a bunch of shitty products that nobody buys and a website nobody goes to but he keeps trying.