Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 111301 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
It's not as tough to be me as you might think.  :) But yeah, someone has to take the other view. How boring would life and this board be if we all felt same and said the same things. Be happy I'm here to give you someone to complain about. You're gonna miss me when I am gone....admit it.  ;D

No you don't have to take the "other view" if the "other view" is BS.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2019, 10:27:57 PM »
No you don't have to take the "other view" if the "other view" is BS.

Right, well I over simplified my comments. I don't take the other view just for the sake of doing so. If I thought the opposing view was BS, trust me, I wouldn't take it. Just like when I think your views are BS, I don't take them just to be agreeable or because I like you. That would be dumb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2020, 07:23:17 PM »
RATINGS CRASH: CNN’s Brian Stelter Just Fell To Embarrassing Low With Key Demo
by Aleister January 1, 2020

When it comes to biased, liberal, anti-Trump media, CNN’s Brian Stelter is in a class all his own.

As if that isn’t bad enough, Stelter often tries to pass himself off as fair and balanced, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

It seems however, that viewers have caught on to his little game and they’re tuning him out.

Big time.

FOX News reports:

CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ with Brian Stelter hits rock bottom in key demo

CNN’s beleaguered media show “Reliable Sources” with Brian Stelter hit an embarrassing new low on Dec. 22, when it averaged only 85,000 viewers among a key age group.

Stelter regularly touts the significance of the news demographic of adults age 25-54 but the dismal performance marked his lowest viewership of 2019 in the category.

The dismal performance from Stelter came as Fox News’ “Media Buzz,” a direct timeslot competitor, thumped CNN’s “Reliable Sources” across the board in 2019.

Stelter’s “Reliable Sources” averaged only 748,000 total viewers for the year prior to its 2019 finale on Dec. 29, while “Media Buzz” averaged 1.3 million over the same time period.

In addition, CNN’s Sunday morning media show lost 12 percent of its viewers compared to 2018, while “Media Buzz” kept its audience with nearly identical year-to-year averages.

Among the demo, “Reliable Sources” averaged only 167,000 viewers during 2019 compared to 227,000 for “Media Buzz” prior to the Dec. 29 episodes.

The 2019 demo low of “Reliable Sources” on Dec. 22 occurred on the same day that “Media Buzz” topped its yearly demo viewership, averaging 298,000 age 25-54 viewers for its third-best performance of the year, indicating the holiday season is not what kept viewers away from CNN.

Now for some fun. Mark Dice is a YouTube humorist who often makes fun of Brian Stelter by redubbing his videos with a higher voice.

Dice recently released a ‘Best Of’ video on this and it’s absolutely hilarious.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/ratings-crash-cnns-brian-stelter-just-fell-to-embarrassing-low-with-key-demo/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
Good I can't stand B.  Stelter

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2020, 02:26:29 PM »
Fox News has topped MSNBC, CNN for 18 straight years after dominant January
By Brian Flood | Fox News

Sean Hannity breaks down the House managers' arguments during the impeachment trial.

Fox News Channel has been the most-watched cable news network for 18 consecutive years, dating back to January 2002.

FNC’s 18-year streak is for both primetime and total day viewers, including the key advertising demographic of adults age 25-54.

The historic accomplishment began when George W. Bush was president and before Tom Brady won any of his six Super Bowl rings.

“For 18 years, more viewers have turned to Fox News Channel for its unrivaled news and opinion coverage than any other cable news network and we are proud of our strong team both on and off the air as we offer our audience the most dynamic programming in the country,” Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and President & Executive Editor Jay Wallace said in a joint statement.

Fox News clinched the feat with a dominant month in January 2020, averaging 1.7 million total day viewers and 2.9 primetime viewers. It was the network’s highest-rated month among total day viewers since February 2017 and since November 2016 among primetime.

While Fox News grew 28 percent compared to the previous year among total viewers, liberal cable networks MSNBC and CNN both saw declines. MSNBC averaged 996,000 viewers, down 12 percent from January 2019 and CNN managed only 751,000, an eight-percent drop.

Fox News’ 2.9 million average primetime viewership was up 33 percent compared to 2019, making it the most-watched network in all of basic cable for the month. Meanwhile, MSNBC averaged 1.7 million primetime viewers, down 13 percent from last year, while CNN’s 1.2 million primetime average was down two percent.

Fox News also gained double-digit viewers compared to last year among the key demo, while MSNBC and CNN both saw declines.

“Hannity” averaged 3.9 million viewers to finish as the most-watched cable news show as namesake host Sean Hannity is scheduled to interview President Trump during the Super Bowl LIV pregame show on FOX.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” averaged 3.6 million to finish second, followed by 3.3 million viewers for “The Ingraham Angle.” FNC’s “The Five” averaged 3 million to finish ahead of any primetime show on MSNBC or CNN despite airing at 5 p.m. ET.

“The Rachel Maddow Show” was MSNBC’s most-watched program, finishing fifth overall.

The most-watched show on struggling CNN was Anderson Cooper’s “AC 360,” which finished No. 23 overall behind 14 Fox news programs and eight MSNBC shows. Don Lemon’s “CNN Tonight,” which President Trump recently mocked over its low ratings, was the 35th most popular show on cable news despite its cushy primetime slot.

All data courtesy Nielsen Media Research.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-msnbc-cnn-top-18-years-january

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »
MSNBC treads water during jam-packed news quarter, fails to add viewers
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-ratings-flat-first-quarter

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
Fox News dominates May, trounces CNN as ‘Hannity’ finishes atop cable news

Fox News Channel finished May as the most-watched cable network for the 47th consecutive month, as viewers flocked to hear the latest information on everything from the coronavirus pandemic to the nationwide protests in the wake of George Floyd’s tragic death in police custody.

Fox News dominated primetime, averaging 3.4 million viewers between 8-11 p.m. to finish as the most-watched channel among all of basic cable during the month of May. MSNBC finished second, averaging 1.9 million followed by CNN, HGTV and TLC.

Fox News was also the most-watched network overall, averaging 1.9 million total viewers, followed by MSNBC with an average viewership of 1.2 million. CNN, HGTV, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, Nickelodeon, USA Network, A&E and History joined them among the Top 10.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished May as the most-watched program on cable news among the demographic of adults age 25-54, while “Hannity” finished No. 1 overall.

FNC outdrew CNN by a whopping 72 percent among total day and a staggering 108 percent in primetime. As a result, FNC has now topped both MSNBC and CNN for 221 consecutive months in each category.

“Hannity” averaged 4.23 million viewers to finish May as the most-watched show on cable news, while “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished second, averaging 4.19 million. “The Five,” “The Ingraham Angle” and “Special Report with Bret Baier” rounded out the all-FNC top five, as MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” finished sixth.

“Special Report” and “The Five” have now beaten MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” for four straight months despite airing earlier in the day when there are historically fewer viewers.

CNN’s most-watched program was “Cuomo Prime Time,” which finished No. 19 overall, behind 13 different Fox News and five MSNBC programs. A variety of Fox News daytime programs, such as “Outnumbered” and "Bill Hemmer Reports” finished ahead of Chris Cuomo’s CNN show despite its cushy 9 p.m. ET timeslot. Cuomo has been heavily criticized for a variety of topics in recent memory, ranging from seemingly misleading viewers about his own coronavirus quarantine to a series of widely panned interviews with his older brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Overall, CNN saw its viewership drop by 15 percent in total viewers and by 20 percent in the demo for primetime compared to last year.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished as the most-watched program on cable news among the key demographic of adults age 25-54, averaging 700,000 viewers. “Hannity” averaged 672,000 viewers among the demo to finish second, followed by “The Five and “The Ingraham Angle.”

CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time" managed to finish fifth in the demo, despite its lackluster overall viewership, while MSNBC’s “Maddow” tied CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” for seventh place.

Both “Hannity” and “Tucker Carlson Tonight” outdrew broadcast heavyweights such as CBS’ “Face the Nation” and NBC’s “Today.”

“FOX & Friends,” “The Story with Martha MacCallum” and “FOX & Friends FIRST” are among the other FNC programs to top cable news in their respective timeslots, while “The Greg Gutfeld Show”  surpassed CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers.

Gutfeld even outdrew NBC’s “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

The month saw Fox News grow 40 percent in total day and 44 percent in primetime compared to the same month last year. FNC also finished as the most-watched cable network among households earning over $100,000 per year and was No. 2 in weekday total day viewers in the younger demographic of people age 18-49.

All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-may-ratings-beats-cnn-hannity-tops-cable-news

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
“FOX & Friends,” “The Story with Martha MacCallum” and “FOX & Friends FIRST” are among the other FNC programs to top cable news in their respective timeslots, while “The Greg Gutfeld Show”  surpassed CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers.

Gutfeld even outdrew NBC’s “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.

————-

Wow, I knew late night shows were in decline. I didn’t realize it was that bad. Great to hear.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »
Good for Greg Gutfeld.  He is a funny guy.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »
Good for Greg Gutfeld.  He is a funny guy.
A huge talent that most don't appreciate enough.  FOX needs to give him a raise.  He's hilarious on The Five.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
A huge talent that most don't appreciate enough.  FOX needs to give him a raise.  He's hilarious on The Five.
Agreed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2020, 05:09:06 PM »
Tucker Carlson boasts highest-rated month in cable news history
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |   | October 27, 2020

Tucker Carlson Tonight had the highest ratings of any cable news show in history in the month of October.

The program, hosted by Tucker Carlson during the 8 p.m. EDT hour, averaged 5,359,000 viewers nightly, including 1,003,000 in the key 25-54 age demographic that marketers covet, according to Nielsen Media Ratings. While the total ratings made cable news history, he also became the first primetime host to reach 1 million viewers in the 25-54 demo since September 2008.

Carlson will be interviewing Hunter Biden’s ex-business partner, Tony Bobulinski, on Tuesday night. He has alleged that former Vice President Joe Biden was aware of his son’s pursuit of Chinese business deals despite the 2020 Democratic nominee’s claims to the contrary. He made headlines last week amid reporting based on contents of a laptop and hard drive that purportedly belonged to Hunter Biden, which contained emails and other data detailing his foreign business dealings.

Biden has responded to the allegations claiming that they are part of a "smear campaign." Democrats and former intelligence officials have said the story reeks of Russian disinformation, something that Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe has said there is no evidence to back up.

The interview is set to take place one week before Election Day and Carlson said on his show Monday the interview will include details "that have not been out there yet," which he claimed are being suppressed by the media.

Carlson is not the only host to experience a boost in ratings last month. Sean Hannity had the second largest audience averaging 5,119,000 viewers a night, while the network's third prime time cable news host, Laura Ingraham, had slightly more than 4 million viewers. The Fox News lineup consistently beats out competitors on cable news networks including CNN and MSNBC.

In all, the three Fox News primetime hosts collectively averaged 4,900,000 viewers, which is good for an 83% increase from October 2019.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tucker-carlson-boasts-highest-rated-month-in-cable-news-history

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
While CNN misses the boat by $100 million. Sinking ship of retarded libturdz.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2021, 04:08:04 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »
CNN really needs Trump. 

RATINGS CRASH: CNN Falls Out Of Cable’s Top 5 Networks In Prime Time
By  Ben Johnson
Jun 3, 2021   DailyWire.com
https://www.dailywire.com/news/ratings-crash-cnn-falls-out-of-cables-top-5-networks-in-prime-time?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR16D2gr6CtLVAsQaPGOiaKGjIqHdDPkoEpfweR379dns2nqGQEwPg_jTvs

Here's to all the CNN folks gettin' dat dere LemonAIDS!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2021, 12:18:29 PM »
CNN’s Top-Rated Show Beat Out By Fourteen Different Fox News Shows
By  Ben Johnson
Jun 25, 2021   DailyWire.com
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cnns-top-rated-show-beat-out-by-fourteen-different-fox-news-shows

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »
So it's quite evident that fox news IS the main stream media right?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2021, 01:12:47 PM »

Careful. Some folks are conditioned to hate and mistrust all mainstream media. Hmm, maybe that is why last weekend in Ohio Trump wasn't too keen on Fox.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
Careful. Some folks are conditioned to hate and mistrust all mainstream media. Hmm, maybe that is why last weekend in Ohio Trump wasn't too keen on Fox.

The media's behavior is what drove the conditioning.

Anyone who has faith in it as currently constructed is a partisan hack.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2021, 02:05:20 PM »
The media's behavior is what drove the conditioning.

Anyone who has faith in it as currently constructed is a partisan hack.

Agreed. Do you think MSM has always behaved thus? Perhaps with cable network news programs all clamoring for a share of the pie, the need to exaggerate and even fabricate news increased. I remember when the news was actual news and not a newscaster's opinion. Opinions and interviews were on 'news magazine' shows and documentaries such as, 'Person to Person' hosted by Edward R. Murrow and '20/20' with Geraldo Rivera and Barbara Walters.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2021, 02:15:15 PM »

Fox seems to be the most honest in their stories, but for the most part, all MSM is struggling to survive and there is not telling whay antics they will introduce.

Then you have CNN, stoking the fear into the mindless Libby's. I'm so tired of front page stories that have "experts warn" or "a trusted source" as a legit news story.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »
Fox seems to be the most honest in their stories, but for the most part, all MSM is struggling to survive and there is not telling whay antics they will introduce.

Then you have CNN, stoking the fear into the mindless Libby's. I'm so tired of front page stories that have "experts warn" or "a trusted source" as a legit news story.

You posted that Fox appears to be the most honest of the networks with their stories. How did you come to this conclusion? What I mean is what is your criteria for determining honesty in reporting.

All the networks have "anchors" who are basically celebrity personalities and not newscasters. Most of the content in these shows is the host's opinion. Even during interviews, they do most of the talking instead of the interviewee. I don't believe opinions are held to the same standard as reporting, in terms of honesty.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2021, 05:16:29 PM »
You posted that Fox appears to be the most honest of the networks with their stories. How did you come to this conclusion? What I mean is what is your criteria for determining honesty in reporting.

All the networks have "anchors" who are basically celebrity personalities and not newscasters. Most of the content in these shows is the host's opinion. Even during interviews, they do most of the talking instead of the interviewee. I don't believe opinions are held to the same standard as reporting, in terms of honesty.

I suppose proving the most honest network is tough. My comment was based on the content that I see. They all do it, but CNN seems to do much more fear mongering and very subjective reporting with little facts at times.

Let me ask you this, why do you think Fox trump's all other news networks?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »
I suppose proving the most honest network is tough. My comment was based on the content that I see. They all do it, but CNN seems to do much more fear mongering and very subjective reporting with little facts at times.

Let me ask you this, why do you think Fox trump's all other news networks?

I think it is Partly because Fox is a one of. They are the only network pandering to the views of the right. There are at least three major networks competing for a left leaning audience. While there are fewer Republicans in the U.S. the spread isn't huge. Another contributing factor is that Republicans and conservatives are more likely to live in rural areas where, I suspect, television viewership is greater because...what else is their to do?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
Agreed. Do you think MSM has always behaved thus? Perhaps with cable network news programs all clamoring for a share of the pie, the need to exaggerate and even fabricate news increased. I remember when the news was actual news and not a newscaster's opinion. Opinions and interviews were on 'news magazine' shows and documentaries such as, 'Person to Person' hosted by Edward R. Murrow and '20/20' with Geraldo Rivera and Barbara Walters.

I don't think they always behaved like this, no.

However, if they were in the tank for someone back in the day, it would be harder to prove.  Maybe we were fooled, but I think reporters had integrity.

Information moves too quickly now.

But you are right about the need to fabricate to get a larger share.  The monetization of the internet drives it.  Matt Taibbi's "Hate Inc." explains this.

Part tirade, part confessional from the celebrated Rolling Stone journalist, Hate Inc. reveals that what most people think of as "the news" is, in fact, a twisted wing of the entertainment business

In this characteristically turbocharged new book, celebrated Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi provides an insider's guide to the variety of ways today's mainstream media tells us lies. Part tirade, part confessional, it reveals that what most people think of as "the news" is, in fact, a twisted wing of the entertainment business.

In the Internet age, the press have mastered the art of monetizing anger, paranoia, and distrust. Taibbi, who has spent much of his career covering elections in which this kind of manipulative activity is most egregious, provides a rich taxonomic survey of American political journalism's dirty tricks.

Heading into a 2020 election season that promises to be a Great Giza Pyramid Complex of invective and digital ugliness, Hate Inc. will be an invaluable antidote to the hidden poisons dished up by those we rely on to tell us what is happening in the world.
Y