Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 587909 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2225 on: November 06, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
Just an idea of what goes into building a Pro Street car from the ground up.  One reason why most guys buy them done already.
This is my 1967 Chevelle.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2226 on: November 06, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »
Just an idea of what goes into building a Pro Street car from the ground up.  One reason why most guys buy them done already.
This is my 1967 Chevelle.

Someone may have to search high and low for what's wanted, though, if there's a very particular set of demands.  You're taking a huge step up from that.  And you won't have to worry as much about unseen problems, compared to buying a pre-built one.

That's the bright side to what you're doing.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2227 on: November 06, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
Two of my favorite shows of all time. Don't forget the Mod Squad, Peggy Lipton was delicious.

My favorite was "Link". I watched the show for the fight scenes and Link had some moves.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2228 on: November 07, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »
My favorite was "Link". I watched the show for the fight scenes and Link had some moves.
Solid man! :D. Clarence Williams III became pretty damn good actor.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2229 on: November 07, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I think there were quite a few shows in the 70's that were quite provocative that never received their due credit.
  Everyone is aware of the progress made by All In The Family but there were other shows examining tough issues and
doing it a very palatable way.  For example, I very much enjoyed The Courtship of Eddie's Father.  That show incorporated
parental loss, single parenting and even multi-cultural and racial issues. 
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2230 on: November 09, 2015, 03:06:41 AM »
The interior tinwork on the Chevelle is done and ready to go to the body shop for paint!!!

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2231 on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:51 AM »
The interior tinwork on the Chevelle is done and ready to go to the body shop for paint!!!
I think grape flavor will give your car more of a boost.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2232 on: November 09, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I think there were quite a few shows in the 70's that were quite provocative that never received their due credit.
  Everyone is aware of the progress made by All In The Family but there were other shows examining tough issues and
doing it a very palatable way.  For example, I very much enjoyed The Courtship of Eddie's Father.  That show incorporated
parental loss, single parenting and even multi-cultural and racial issues. 
Harley

Remember "Soap" with a young Billy Crystal? Show was hilarious! Miss a lot of those funny wholesome shows like: Family Ties, Cheers, Happy Days, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett Show..., even was a fan of the The Brady Bunch.

But it was "All in the Family" that really push the envelope without being crass.

"Those were the days." (The oft repeated phrase that confirms you're an oldster.)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2233 on: November 09, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »
Harley
My son has special needs and recently began pre school from 9am-12pm
He gets picked up by a small sized bus that has aides for each child on it

But the bus company refuses to come down our street. We live on a very small dead end street. The bus will only pick up and drop off at the top of our street on the Main Street.

We want him to be picked up and dropped off in front of our house
Our street is small and quiet enough for the bus to come on, and the bus is small enough that backing up and reversing is not an issue
The bus has picked up in front of houses in all years past we have heard

My wife has spoken with the bus company but has had NO luck

Any advice????
Thank you sir!
w

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2234 on: November 09, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »
Harley

But the bus company refuses to come down our street. We live on a very small dead end street. The bus will only pick up and drop off at the top of our street on the Main Street.

Our street is small and quiet enough for the bus to come on, and the bus is small enough that backing up and reversing is not an issue

Any advice????
Thank you sir!

I'm sure Harley will give you a great answer but here is my .02. I know full size school busses don't like to eve go in reverse, it's too much of a liability and often they have to radio in to dispatch and let them know they will be backing up and why. I imagine the same may be true with the smaller buses.

Good luck!

Simple Simon

« Reply #2235 on: November 09, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
I'm sure Harley will give you a great answer but here is my .02. I know full size school busses don't like to eve go in reverse, it's too much of a liability and often they have to radio in to dispatch and let them know they will be backing up and why. I imagine the same may be true with the smaller buses.

Good luck!
I think in the UK they are not allowed to reverse with passengers on at all.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2236 on: November 10, 2015, 04:53:02 AM »
Remember "Soap" with a young Billy Crystal? Show was hilarious! Miss a lot of those funny wholesome shows like: Family Ties, Cheers, Happy Days, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett Show..., even was a fan of the The Brady Bunch.

But it was "All in the Family" that really push the envelope without being crass.

"Those were the days." (The oft repeated phrase that confirms you're an oldster.)
All great shows. Although I thought MASH was boring and unfunny especially towards the end.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2237 on: November 10, 2015, 06:15:53 AM »
All great shows. Although I thought MASH was boring and unfunny especially towards the end.
There is a cable channel here which shows old film series like Kojak and Streets of San Fransisco...with Michael Douglas.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2238 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Harley

Any advice????
Thank you sir!

Dear NaturalWonder83.
  This is simply unacceptable.  If you live in the United States, kindly PM me and I will provide you with a list of information I shall require
in order to write a very prompt and serious letter to both the school Superintendent and the owner of the bus company.
  I shall wager that within 10 business days of receipt of my letter, the matter will be resolved.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #2239 on: November 10, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
Dear NaturalWonder83.
  This is simply unacceptable.  If you live in the United States, kindly PM me and I will provide you with a list of information I shall require
in order to write a very prompt and serious letter to both the school Superintendent and the owner of the bus company.
  I shall wager that within 10 business days of receipt of my letter, the matter will be resolved.
Harley
Not if his road doesnt have a big enough turning circle.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2240 on: November 10, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Not if his road doesnt have a big enough turning circle.

I agree. I think if the bus has to turn around then he is out of luck.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2241 on: November 10, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
I agree. I think if the bus has to turn around then he is out of luck.
He may get special privileged at the tax payers expense (Taxi) by Im not sure how it works in the USA.

Katie Price (Jordan Glamour model UK) gets hundreds of pounds a week in child benefits for taxis for her disabled son to go to school, shes a multi-millionaire.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2242 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
Donīt have a Bus license but a Truck licence... is it a safety issue reversing or just laziness or lack of Driving skills? I mean when you learn HGV truck you gotta reverse  :-\

Simple Simon

« Reply #2243 on: November 10, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »
Donīt have a Bus license but a Truck licence... is it a safety issue reversing or just laziness or lack of Driving skills? I mean when you learn HGV truck you gotta reverse  :-\
You dont have passengers on a truck dumbass, its called public liability.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2244 on: November 10, 2015, 01:59:05 PM »

This.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2245 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »
actually you can carry Hazmat, Hazardous material which is dangerous. This in the UK is also an add on to your HGV...also in Germany. Still have to reverse.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2246 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I understand your skepticism but I didn't get to be an over-achiever by not taking on the difficult cases.
  Perhaps I can impress you with my legal skills rather than earn your ire over representing the disgusting and loathsome.
Harley
PS- One day I am going to impress even Herne and he will have the opportunity to prove it to you all

Simple Simon

« Reply #2247 on: November 10, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »
actually you can carry Hazmat, Hazardous material which is dangerous. This in the UK is also an add on to your HGV...also in Germany. Still have to reverse.
Who fucking cares about that, insurance companies dont like buses reversing with passengers, take it up with them.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2248 on: November 10, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
Who fucking cares about that, insurance companies dont like buses reversing with passengers, take it up with them.
Dude do you have a Bus licence or HGV ? C+E ? I have the German Klasse 2(old) which i was given here when i gave up my UK licence in 95

Simple Simon

« Reply #2249 on: November 10, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
Dude do you have a Bus licence or HGV ? C+E ? I have the German Klasse 2(old) which i was given here when i gave up my UK licence in 95

Listen numbnuts, I dont care if you have a licence for the fucking space shuttle and you reverse that, buses are not allowed to reverse with passengers on.