Author Topic: Anti-American  (Read 23137 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Anti-American
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 07:18:25 PM »
Oddly enough, I agree with you regarding citizenship questions as part of the census. I'm going to go a step further and say everyone should be counted regardless of whether they are legal residents. 

If the census is used to determine Congressional representation, why would we count people who are here illegally? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »
If the census is used to determine Congressional representation, why would we count people who are here illegally?  

Because they vote and get govt benefits in sanctuary cities.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 06:04:01 PM »

Straw man says that's bullshit!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
Oddly enough, I agree with you regarding citizenship questions as part of the census. I'm going to go a step further and say everyone should be counted regardless of whether they are legal residents. 

OMG!  :o :o :o A moment of lucid clarity and reason. :o
:

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 06:39:13 PM »
OMG!  :o :o :o A moment of lucid clarity and reason. :o
The end is nigh.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 06:41:26 PM »

That is not the only reason for the Census.  They're ultimately f'g themselves over in the long run by not being counted.  Unfortunately, the consequences won't be felt until we're in another firefighting situation.
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »
The Democrat party has embraced this anti-American communist crap.  Government has no business trying to regulate private sector salaries like this. 

Sanders eyes taxes on firms that pay CEOs far more than workers
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 09/30/19

Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt) presidential campaign on Monday announced a proposal to tax companies that pay their high-level executives much more than the median employee salary.

"Bernie’s Income Inequality Tax Plan raises taxes on companies with exorbitant pay gaps between their executives and typical workers," the presidential candidate said on his web site.

Under the proposal, companies whose CEO or otherwise highest-paid executive makes between 50 and 100 times as much as the median worker would face a corporate tax increase of 0.5 points, with the penalty increasing to 1 point for those making 100-200 times the median worker and 2 points for those making 200-300 times more.

The maximum penalty levied under the plan would increase taxes by 5 points for companies with executives making more than 500 times the salary of the median employee.

Sanders said his plan would apply to all private and publicly held corporations that have annual revenue of more than $100 million, and added that the revenue from the tax would be used to pay for his plan to eliminate medical debt.

"But the goal of this income inequality tax is not just to raise more revenue. It is to send a message to corporate America: stop paying your workers inadequate wages while CEOs make outrageous compensation packages," Sanders said.

"The American people want corporations to invest in their workers, not just dividends, stock buybacks and outrageous compensation packages to their executives. That’s what this plan is all about," he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/463647-sanders-eyes-steep-taxes-on-firms-that-pay-ceos-far-more-than-workers

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »

I don't know. Why don't you ask Trump? Isn't he the person who wants the citizenship question added to the census? Seems like a good idea to me. I think folks who aren't American citizens should not have the privilege of voting on our issues or in our elections.

Having said this, unless proof of citizenship is required. How do you know whether the person's answer is true or not.

The administration argues that the citizenship data would help in enforcement of the Voting Rights Act, and that is manifestly true. By law, “majority minority” districts must be drawn so at least 50% of eligible voters—i.e., citizens over 18—are members of the minority in question. If too many minority residents are ineligible to vote, that defeats the purpose of avoiding the dilution of minority voting strength. Voting-rights litigation and compliance are hampered by the lack of citizenship data in the decennial census.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/should-noncitizens-be-represented-in-congress-11555972120

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »

The right of foreigners to vote in the United States has historically been a contentious issue. ... The federal law does not prohibit noncitizens from voting in state or local elections, but no state has allowed noncitizens to vote in state elections since Arkansas became the last state to outlaw noncitizen voting in 1926.

Since enactment of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, federal law has prohibited noncitizens from voting in federal elections, punishing them by fines, imprisonment, inadmissibility and deportation.

Immigrants in the country illegally are not eligible for most government benefits programs by law. Undocumented immigrants can’t legally receive food stamps, live in public housing, enroll in non-emergency Medicaid coverage or receive supplemental security insurance or cash assistance. They are eligible to receive emergency medical services, enroll in public schools and participate in meals programs there, and participate in Head Start or WIC.

Oregon does not allow undocumented immigrants to receive state public benefits, according to the Oregon Department of Human Services website.
Oregon continues to be  a sanctuary state.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 09:03:43 AM »
I don't know. Why don't you ask Trump? Isn't he the person who wants the citizenship question added to the census? Seems like a good idea to me. I think folks who aren't American citizens should not have the privilege of voting on our issues or in our elections.

Having said this, unless proof of citizenship is required. How do you know whether the person's answer is true or not.

The administration argues that the citizenship data would help in enforcement of the Voting Rights Act, and that is manifestly true. By law, “majority minority” districts must be drawn so at least 50% of eligible voters—i.e., citizens over 18—are members of the minority in question. If too many minority residents are ineligible to vote, that defeats the purpose of avoiding the dilution of minority voting strength. Voting-rights litigation and compliance are hampered by the lack of citizenship data in the decennial census.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/should-noncitizens-be-represented-in-congress-11555972120

The same way you know whether the question they answer about their ethnicity is true. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 10:28:02 AM »
What is really Anti_American is to weaponize the census for political gains (which is what correspondence between the people in the administration and key Republican operatives has revealed is the motive)

According to the latest research outlined by the Census Bureau earlier this month, the question would reduce response rates for non-citizens by 8 percentage points. (The research assumes that the question wouldn’t affect response rates in households of U.S. citizens.) That translates to an overall drop of 2.2 percentage points for all households. Such a decline is expected to drive up costs and require additional follow-up for people who don't respond.

So the Census Bureau themselves have revealed that this question would result in LESS PARTICIPATION and LESS ACCURATE RESULTS

Note to Trumptards - Non-Citizens does not only mean illegal residents (you know, like the ones that work at Trump golf courses and hotels)

bet you'd bend over backwards for reparations to any person of color, too
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
This is nuts.

Northern Virginia Officer On Leave After Alerting Feds to Immigrant's Traffic Stop
"This matter damages our reputation," Fairfax Co. Police Chief Edwin Roessler said in a statement
By The Associated Press and NBC Washington staff
Published Oct 2, 2019

A Northern Virginia police officer was put on leave after authorities say he violated policy by alerting federal immigration authorities he was detaining a driver who missed his deportation hearing.

Since 2007, Fairfax County Police policy bars officers from alerting the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement when they encounter someone wanted on administrative immigration violation, provided that the individual is not otherwise being taken into custody.

Chief Edwin Roessler issued a statement Tuesday saying one of his officers responded to a Sept. 21 traffic crash and learned one person involved was wanted by ICE on an administrative warrant for failure to appear at a deportation hearing.

That person was given a summons for driving without a license, a violation in Fairfax County. Then, the officer kept the individual in custody before turning them over to an ICE agent.

"This matter damages our reputation," Roessler said in a statement.

The officer was put on administrative leave with pay and underwent remedial training, the police department told News4. He is expected to return to work on Friday, then the department will complete its internal investigation.

It's not the first time that a D.C.-area police officer was accused of erroneously cooperating with ICE. In July, Prince George's County, Maryland, police clarified their policy after finding that officers wrongfully referred immigrants to the agency.

Chief Hank Stawinski said that some officers mistook administrative warrants for criminal warrants.

Correction (Oct. 2, 2019, 1:33 p.m.): The Associated Press reported the officer was suspended. This story has been updated to reflect that the officer was put on administrative leave with pay.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Northern-Virginia-Officer-Suspended-After-Alerting-Feds-to-Immigrants-Traffic-Stop-561957861.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »
Chicago police instructs its officers not to cooperate with DHS, leaked memo shows, after mayor Lori Lightfoot condemned ICE as the 'political arm of the Trump campaign'
By RALPH R. ORTEGA FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 30 September 2019

Police in Chicago have been instructed not to cooperate with the Department of Homeland Security, a leaked memo has revealed.

Cops in the so-called 'Sanctuary City' have been told to refuse to assist Immigration Customs and Enforcement agents on an immigration arrest, unless they have prior approval from a supervisor.

The new marching orders to the CPD were 'effective immediately,' according to an internal memo that addressed how the city's cops were to work with ICE agents, who work under the DHS.

Instead of immediately providing support to ICE, officers must now wait for a supervisor to show up at the scene to make a call, according to the email, reports Fox News.

'If the request is to assist with an immigration arrest or detention, CPD personnel will leave the scene as directed by the CPD supervisor,' according to the memo.

The CPD confirmed the memo's authenticity to Fox News. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's office did not respond to a request for comment.

The motivation behind the new guidelines was not immediately clear.

However, the mayor -- a day before the email went out -- blasted the DHS at an immigration rally, questioning its credibility and calling it 'the political arm of the Trump campaign,' in a swipe at the president and his re-election campaign's approach to enforcing immigration laws.

She insisted that ICE will not have access to police databases, nor have police cooperation on immigration arrests.

'We will never, ever succumb to the racist, xenophobic rhetoric of ICE,' Lightfoot said at the rally, which was held to upstage Robert Guadian, ICE's newly appointed Chicago field office director, who was having his own news conference, according to the Chicago Tribune.

. . . .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7521881/Chicago-police-instructs-officers-not-cooperate-DHS-leaked-memo-shows.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »
Democrats mull masking whistleblower, holding testimony at remote locale: report
BY JUSTINE COLEMAN - 10/07/19

House Democrats are looking to prevent the whistleblower from being identified by holding the person's testimony at a remote location and potentially changing their appearance and voice.

Democrats are going to great lengths to hide the whistleblower's identity out of fear the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee could leak their identity, according to The Washington Post, which cited three people familiar with the discussions.

Democrats are considering holding testimony outside the Capitol as well as a staff-only session that would bar lawmakers from questioning the whistleblower, according to the Post.

Democrats are also weighing options to distort the whistleblower's appearance and voice, including through a video camera or audio-only testimony or by placing the person behind a screen, the Post reported.

These meetings could occur "within the next couple of weeks," though the date has not been decided, an official told the Post.

The whistleblower's allegations that President Trump sought to pressure Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden led Democrats to start an impeachment inquiry.

Trump has requested to know the identity of the whistleblower and has called the person "close to a spy."

The lawyer representing the whistleblower has expressed concern for his client's safety. A second whistleblower has hired the same legal team.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464738-democrats-mull-masking-whistleblower-holding-testimony-at-remote-locale-report
[/quote]

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2019, 01:30:01 PM »
Democrats mull masking whistleblower, holding testimony at remote locale: report
BY JUSTINE COLEMAN - 10/07/19

House Democrats are looking to prevent the whistleblower from being identified by holding the person's testimony at a remote location and potentially changing their appearance and voice.

Democrats are going to great lengths to hide the whistleblower's identity out of fear the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee could leak their identity, according to The Washington Post, which cited three people familiar with the discussions.

Democrats are considering holding testimony outside the Capitol as well as a staff-only session that would bar lawmakers from questioning the whistleblower, according to the Post.

Democrats are also weighing options to distort the whistleblower's appearance and voice, including through a video camera or audio-only testimony or by placing the person behind a screen, the Post reported.

These meetings could occur "within the next couple of weeks," though the date has not been decided, an official told the Post.

The whistleblower's allegations that President Trump sought to pressure Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden led Democrats to start an impeachment inquiry.

Trump has requested to know the identity of the whistleblower and has called the person "close to a spy."

The lawyer representing the whistleblower has expressed concern for his client's safety. A second whistleblower has hired the same legal team.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464738-democrats-mull-masking-whistleblower-holding-testimony-at-remote-locale-report

Didn't you already post this in a different thread?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
Didn't you already post this in a different thread?

Yes. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Yes. 

I guess this means you think it's major news.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
I guess this means you think it's major news.

No that means I think it's relevant to more than one thread. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
No that means I think it's relevant to more than one thread. 

Good point. Hadn't thought about that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2019, 02:08:30 PM »
Good point. Hadn't thought about that.

No worries.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »
The Russia conspiracy hoax is one of the most unAmerican things I've ever seen.  This faux impeachment is right up there too.  No vote.  No identification of specific impeachable offenses.  Secret interviews.  No release of transcripts.  Selective leaking.  Hiding the identity of witnesses.  Not giving the POTUS access to evidence.  Absolutely crazy stuff.   

Are there any civil libertarians on the left other than Alan Dershowitz?? 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
The Russia conspiracy hoax is one of the most unAmerican things I've ever seen.  This faux impeachment is right up there too.  No vote.  No identification of specific impeachable offenses.  Secret interviews.  No release of transcripts.  Selective leaking.  Hiding the identity of witnesses.  Not giving the POTUS access to evidence.  Absolutely crazy stuff.   

Are there any civil libertarians on the left other than Alan Dershowitz?? 
The dems are pushing this country into an out of control spiral and their media counterparts are fanning the flames.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2019, 07:30:40 PM »
The dems are pushing this country into an out of control spiral and their media counterparts are fanning the flames.

Yep.  The media and the Democrat Party are one and the same. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »
This anti-American is the same one who wants Twitter to censor President Trump.  Thankfully, she will not sniff the presidency.   

Kamala Harris to boycott South Carolina forum in protest of Trump award: He's 'a lawless president'
By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-skipping-south-carolina-forum-protest-trump-award

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »
Disgusting.

The Washington Post faces backlash for headline calling ISIS terrorist 'austere religious scholar'
Jeanine Santucci, USA TODAY  Published 28, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/28/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-washington-post-austere-headline/2483340001/