Author Topic: Trump Facebook ban upheld  (Read 3786 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Trump Facebook ban upheld
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2021, 07:42:08 AM »
I think the discussion goes to is fb a publisher that can be held responsible for what is posted or is fb just a platform? I didn't follow along too closely but there was a section 230(?) that people were talking about that protects platforms and not publishers. Someone more interested in that topic would have to explain.

Section 230 from Wiki:  Section 230(c)(2) provides immunity from civil liabilities for information service providers that remove or restrict content from their services they deem "obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected", as long as they act "in good faith" in this action.

I just think it's the nature of the beast here.  SM platforms can censor what they want.  An SM platform is essentially a forum. 

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2021, 07:50:46 AM »
Still unclear about what you are saying.   

Trumps free speech restricted or no?

Private companies deciding not to publish or give a mic to someone is bad or good?

Or do you just call people dummy who won’t agree or question you because you can’t express an intelligent or coherent point?

Just a Dummy who is Dumb  ???

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2021, 06:02:34 PM »
Section 230 from Wiki:  Section 230(c)(2) provides immunity from civil liabilities for information service providers that remove or restrict content from their services they deem "obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected", as long as they act "in good faith" in this action.

I just think it's the nature of the beast here.  SM platforms can censor what they want.  An SM platform is essentially a forum.
I think there was a discussion about a publisher vs a platform.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!