Author Topic: Trump Facebook ban upheld  (Read 3666 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump Facebook ban upheld
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »
I believe you would know it was the Biden laptop story.

And, they are not still banned.

But they were up until the election happened, which is all that mattered in that context.

I had absolutely no idea what you were referring to and I still don't know what specifics about the story got them banned...such as if what they said was in fact false or violated some other rule  (you didn't say who banned them but I assume you meand FB?)

but if they aren't banned any more then it's a non-issue

BTW - the POTUS press secretary doesn't need FB or Twitter and certainly can't claim her voice is being stilfed

She the PRESS SECRETARY.   She can call a press conference any time that she wants and anything she says will be reported all over the various forms of media

This is what I could find and I have no problem with this:

Twitter said it was limiting the article’s spread due to questions about “the origins of the materials” included in the article, which contained material supposedly pulled from a computer that had been left by Hunter Biden at a Delaware computer repair shop in April 2019. Twitter policies prohibit “directly distribut[ing] content obtained through hacking that contains private information”.

The company further explained the decision in a series of tweets on Wednesday, saying some of the images in the article contained personal and private information. Twitter’s policy against posting hacked material was established in 2018. Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, said the company’s communication about the decision to limit the article’s spread was “not great”, saying the team should have shared more context publicly.

Facebook, meanwhile, placed restrictions on linking to the article, saying there were questions about its validity. “This is part of our standard process to reduce the spread of misinformation,” said a Facebook spokesperson, Andy Stone.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/oct/14/facebook-twitter-new-york-post-hunter-biden

Both McEnany and the New York Post have a history of making false statements/publishing false stories

As recently as last week it was revealed that the NY Post published a false story about VP Harris
https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-post-reporter-resigned-says-ordered-false-story-migrant-2021-4

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 06:22:22 PM »
I had absolutely no idea what you were referring to and I still don't know what specifics about the story got them banned...such as if what they said was in fact false or violated some other rule  (you didn't say who banned them but I assume you meand FB?)

but if they aren't banned any more then it's a non-issue

BTW - the POTUS press secretary doesn't need FB or Twitter and certainly can't claim her voice is being stilfed

She the PRESS SECRETARY.   She can call a press conference any time that she wants and anything she says will be reported all over the various forms of media

This is what I could find and I have no problem with this:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/oct/14/facebook-twitter-new-york-post-hunter-biden

Both McEnany and the New York Post have a history of making false statements/publishing false stories

As recently as last week it was revealed that the NY Post published a false story about VP Harris
https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-post-reporter-resigned-says-ordered-false-story-migrant-2021-4

Yes, that is the story, but I meant Twitter.

But it does matter silencing the 4th largest newspaper in the world on one of the world's biggest platforms a week before the election.

There are polls that show that up to 35% of Biden voters never even heard of the laptop story and that 13% of that 35% would not have voted for him had they known.   That changes an election.

Even Dorsey has admitted they made a mistake.

But it shows the unchecked power they have. If they can do it to the major media outlets, the President, etc, they can do it to anyone.

I know Democrats and the media are thrilled Trump is out and I get that, but they shouldn't celebrate abandoning their principles to accomplish it.

They are too many potential impacts down the road.

This should be a bipartisan issue (and it was until Trump).

Y

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 06:48:11 AM »
LIBERALS don't care about free speech unless it affects them.

That's' not what free speech means

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 10:56:54 AM »
Libturd platforms ban their no.1 enemy, and their bigegst threat which they are afraid of w/ massive amounts of TDS.
Youre proud of that Straw?

its their way of ending arguments, even when fats are put in front of them, call someone racist and click "block".
Real weak minded retards.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 11:16:23 AM »
Libturd platforms ban their no.1 enemy, and their bigegst threat which they are afraid of w/ massive amounts of TDS.
Youre proud of that Straw?

its their way of ending arguments, even when fats are put in front of them, call someone racist and click "block".
Real weak minded retards.

To extrapolate on my points above, if you asked a traditional liberal in the past how the felt about FB or Twitter, you could get the answer that they felt the company were fascist evil big corporation greedy fuckwits who need to be stopped.

But due to TDS, these are the entities they want to give even more power to.

No consistency.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
From The Desk Of Donald J Trump or whatever his newest name is.. has been banned by Twitter already.  LOL.  That didn't last long.

;D

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 02:12:28 PM »
From The Desk Of Donald J Trump or whatever his newest name is.. has been banned by Twitter already.  LOL.  That didn't last long.

;D

It’s no big deal.

THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT LET JOE BIDEN ANSWER UNSCRIPTED OR IMPROMPTU QUESTIONS FROM THE PRESS.

The Biden administration has a gag order on the President of the United States.

You can’t make this liberal stupidity up.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
Yes, that is the story, but I meant Twitter.

But it does matter silencing the 4th largest newspaper in the world on one of the world's biggest platforms a week before the election.

There are polls that show that up to 35% of Biden voters never even heard of the laptop story and that 13% of that 35% would not have voted for him had they known.   That changes an election.

Even Dorsey has admitted they made a mistake.

But it shows the unchecked power they have. If they can do it to the major media outlets, the President, etc, they can do it to anyone.

I know Democrats and the media are thrilled Trump is out and I get that, but they shouldn't celebrate abandoning their principles to accomplish it.

They are too many potential impacts down the road.

This should be a bipartisan issue (and it was until Trump).

They are a fucking newspaper and they also have a website so how exactly were they "silenced"

Same goes for McAney.   She can hold an press conference and get around the world attention.  Kind of hard to claim she was silenced

did you look at the article for the explanation of  why they had a problem with that story.  It clearly violated their stated guidelines

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »
Social media or not he’s still at the top of the news cycle lol

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 09:02:28 PM »
They are a fucking newspaper and they also have a website so how exactly were they "silenced"

Same goes for McAney.   She can hold an press conference and get around the world attention.  Kind of hard to claim she was silenced

did you look at the article for the explanation of  why they had a problem with that story.  It clearly violated their stated guidelines

Again, Dorsey admitted it was wrong to ban.

And 35% of Biden voters were unware of the story.

In other words, it's entirely plausible big tech and the media altered the election.

That is a horrid precedent to set.
Y

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 01:00:19 AM »

In other words, it's entirely plausible big tech and the media altered the election.

Gee, so many Americans without internet connection  !!!.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 10:27:56 AM »

Gee, so many Americans without internet connection  !!!.

It's more like so many Americans use single sources for news, and when that news source is a propaganda arm for a certain party instead of practicing real journalism, the truth gets hidden.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2021, 04:03:06 PM »
Nobody should applaud the banning of free speech.

Facebook is a business. As such, it is not obligated to allow folks to be or remain users of their product. Being a Facebook user is a revocable privilege. Banning or suspending someone has nothing to do with free speech.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 04:24:48 PM »

If you read past the headline you'll see there was a bit more to it than just that

“It was literally just a process error. This was not against them in any particular way,” Dorsey told the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

“If we remove a violation we require people to correct it,” he added. “We changed that based on their to wanting to delete that tweet, which I completely agree with. I see it. But it is something we learn.”

Twitter demanded The Post delete six tweets that linked to stories based on files from the abandoned laptop of President Biden’s son. Twitter backed down after the paper refused to remove the posts — a development The Post celebrated on its Oct. 31 front page with the headline “FREE BIRD!”

“Their entire account to be blocked for two weeks by a mistake seems like a really big mistake,” Scalise, a Louisiana Republican, told Dorsey. “Was anyone held accountable in your censoring department for that mistake?”

“Well, we don’t have a censoring department,” the bearded and newly bald-headed tech exec replied.

When Scalise interjected to ask who made the decision “to block their account for two weeks,” Dorsey claimed, “We didn’t block their account for two weeks.”

“We required them to delete the tweet and then they could tweet it again,” he said. “They didn’t take that action, so we corrected it for them.”

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/dorsey-says-blocking-posts-hunter-biden-story-was-total-mistake/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »
Facebook is a business. As such, it is not obligated to allow folks to be or remain users of their product. Being a Facebook user is a revocable privilege. Banning or suspending someone has nothing to do with free speech.

Did you know that if FB doesn't like the content of a message you send via FB Messenger, they'll block it? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2021, 06:30:52 PM »
Did you know that if FB doesn't like the content of a message you send via FB Messenger, they'll block it?

Makes sense. Glad someone is checking for spam too much of it gets though.

Facebook Help Team

"If you've been blocked from sending messages on Facebook, it may be because you sent a lot of messages recently or people reported your messages as unwelcome. Make sure to use your real name and picture to help the people you're messaging recognize you. This block is temporary."

MY CHAT IS BLOCK ? | Facebook Help Community | Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com ›

"Your messenger is temporary blocked due to the violation of the Facebook community terms(mostly due to sending spam messages or sending too much (many) messages)."

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2021, 03:16:36 AM »
Makes sense. Glad someone is checking for spam too much of it gets though.

Facebook Help Team

"If you've been blocked from sending messages on Facebook, it may be because you sent a lot of messages recently or people reported your messages as unwelcome. Make sure to use your real name and picture to help the people you're messaging recognize you. This block is temporary."

MY CHAT IS BLOCK ? | Facebook Help Community | Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com ›

"Your messenger is temporary blocked due to the violation of the Facebook community terms(mostly due to sending spam messages or sending too much (many) messages)."

I didn’t ask if you still drowned small, furry animals.  I asked if you knew that, if FB doesn't like the content of a message you send via FB Messenger, they'll block it?

Did you know?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »

This point was already discussed earlier in the thread.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »
Conservatives like to complain about things that they imagine that don't actually happen ...like voter fraud and facebook censoring conservatives

https://www.niemanlab.org/2020/10/two-new-studies-show-again-that-facebook-doesnt-censor-conservatives/

So you’re denying this is and has happened?
Just to be clear. Even though Zuckerberg, Dorsey and Pichai have been called to testify in front of congress multiple times and lied...got it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »
I didn’t ask if you still drowned small, furry animals.  I asked if you knew that, if FB doesn't like the content of a message you send via FB Messenger, they'll block it?

Did you know?

Actually, I didn't know. But now that I do it makes sense and I have no problem with it.

I have been a zoophilist my entire life.....no small, furry animals have been drown by me.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2021, 05:52:18 PM »
Actually, I didn't know. But now that I do it makes sense and I have no problem with it.

I have been a zoophilist my entire life.....no small, furry animals have been drown by me.
So you have no problem with a messenger company reading your messages? Do you feel the same way about your cell phone conversations?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2021, 04:26:11 AM »
what a load of horse shit.  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »
I do know this.

However, I believe big tech is a bigger potential problem than whoever is in the White House, and I don't like platforms having that type of power.

Regardless of political affiliation, this should be a concern.

What are the options?  Regulate social media?  If the roles were reversed would arguements for and against this just switch sides? 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2021, 11:36:48 AM »
What are the options?  Regulate social media?  If the roles were reversed would arguements for and against this just switch sides?

Not sure of the options, and I don't like the government getting involved unless absolutely necessary.  It would be hypocritical of me to say I wanted them regulated.  Perhaps something like requiring transparency around what content they edit?

But, for starters, they can start by getting their rules in order:

https://nypost.com/2021/05/09/facebook-oversight-board-member-says-site-wields-too-much-power/

A co-chair of the Facebook Oversight Board that temporarily extended the ban against former President Donald Trump said Sunday that the social media giant’s rules governing content are in “shambles” and “not transparent” — and the company “exercises too much power.”

“Facebook exercises too much power. They are arbitrary. They are inconsistent and it is the job of the oversight board to try to bring some discipline to that process,” he said.

“So what we have done is to identify ways in which Facebook has been nontransparent, ways in which they’ve been arbitrary and trying to nudge them toward a more free speech, free expression, friendly environment,” McConnell added.

Y