Author Topic: The Dark Side of Hollywood Body Transformations  (Read 3536 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
The Dark Side of Hollywood Body Transformations
« on: June 12, 2021, 04:46:12 PM »
We already knew this, but this is a well written documentary

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: The Dark Side of Hollywood Body Transformations
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 06:10:18 PM »
Drugs, surgery and having a Coach by your side every day.

You have people prepare your meals, your workouts and your drug protocol. Lots of GH.

They have access to anything they want.

Didn't watch the video. ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »
They do a lot of deadlifting in Hollyweird.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »
With all that money involved I expect them to be more hands on like this

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 07:09:58 PM »
I was watching tmz a few years ago and they stopped Josh Brolin as he was leaving the gym and he had on a tank top and had put on a lot of muscle for a movie. The reported said “wow you look great what have you been doing powerlifting,CrossFit or what” Josh thinks for a second and says “ I don’t know my guy tells me what to do and I just do it”.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 07:50:46 PM »
A grownass man doing a cycle of steroids to help build some muscle isn't "dark." Who cares?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 08:03:19 PM »
staroids  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 04:07:39 AM »

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 04:51:32 AM »
With all that money involved I expect them to be more hands on like this

I swear I will never get tired of seeing those pictures.  I wonder if they realised when they were doing them, just how iconic they'd become..?  ;D

T

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 04:55:47 AM »
A grownass man doing a cycle of steroids to help build some muscle isn't "dark." Who cares?

Those who don't indulge in weight training consider androgens with deep suspicion.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 05:30:27 AM »
Just by having a low bodyfat actors pump up before shoots has a huge effect.

Will watch the video later.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 05:54:54 AM »
A stupid documentary, there is no point blaming peds for helping Hollywood stars to set unrealistic goals for teenagers.
Rock Hudson, Christopher Reeves, Robert Mitchum had all amazing broad shoulders, slim waistlines and were very tall for their time.
It is stupid to set a goal to look like a one in a million celebrity unless you have similar genetics.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 06:50:33 AM »
arnold off the sauce during his prime.
F

balsac69

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 06:57:43 AM »
arnold off the sauce during his prime.

General public and plenty of people into their training who either have no concept and/or unrealistic expectations. Ive a mate who asked me genuinely if the world's strongest man competitors took steroids. He asked the same about WWE and the Rock! I wanted to slap him tbh!

balsac69

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 07:02:29 AM »
The endless stream of pics of Instagram and YouTube "influencers"(fuck I hate that term) blasting tren plus fuck knows what else year round has polluted alot of peoples minds and expectations. Then when alot of them claim natty status. Pure filt

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 08:54:03 AM »
A stupid documentary, there is no point blaming peds for helping Hollywood stars to set unrealistic goals for teenagers.
Rock Hudson, Christopher Reeves, Robert Mitchum had all amazing broad shoulders, slim waistlines and were very tall for their time.
It is stupid to set a goal to look like a one in a million celebrity unless you have similar genetics.

Hollywood has been setting unrealistic expectations since the first silent film. And they know every kid out there tries to mimic them. Just look at the use of cigarettes in films. Entire generations of kids took it up because the "cool" people did. And for all their virtue signaling, Hollywood still encourages all those bad habits.

From the CDC:  https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/youth_data/movies/index.htm

"From 2002 to 2019:4 out of every 10 top-grossing movies (44%) of top-grossing movies in the United States were rated PG-13.
  • 6 of every 10 PG-13 movies (56%) showed smoking or other tobacco use."

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 09:05:39 AM »

I guess they refer as dark” to the BS, lies and hypocrisy behind the whole “ transformation “.   

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

Hollywood has been setting unrealistic expectations since the first silent film. And they know every kid out there tries to mimic them. Just look at the use of cigarettes in films. Entire generations of kids took it up because the "cool" people did. And for all their virtue signaling, Hollywood still encourages all those bad habits.

From the CDC:  https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/youth_data/movies/index.htm

"From 2002 to 2019:4 out of every 10 top-grossing movies (44%) of top-grossing movies in the United States were rated PG-13.
  • 6 of every 10 PG-13 movies (56%) showed smoking or other tobacco use."
I am talking about physical goals, take Harrison Ford, he seems rather ordinary, but his natural physique is way above average, same applies for Mel Gibson.
Ofcourse not all Hollywood stars are demigods, but most of them have good skeletal structure and muscle shape in the first place. Thousands of people try to make it in the Hollywood so it is stupid to think they are ordinary fellows with chemical enchantment, it is easy to add 30 pounds with deca-test cycle but if you have measy structure you won't look anything like Hugh Jackman soon   :'(
We have many competitors here who look like shit when they are ripped.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 10:05:35 AM »
just think though, stallone and arnold actually had to get super ripped, they didnt have cgi back then. charles bronson as well was pretty lean

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 05:56:27 PM »
I was watching tmz a few years ago and they stopped Josh Brolin as he was leaving the gym and he had on a tank top and had put on a lot of muscle for a movie. The reported said “wow you look great what have you been doing powerlifting,CrossFit or what” Josh thinks for a second and says “ I don’t know my guy tells me what to do and I just do it”.

Outer Range - Teaser

The show's first two episodes hit Prime Video on April 15, with two more episodes coming each week. The first season consists of eight episodes.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 09:51:40 PM »

Fair points.  As an aside, Rock Hudson took it up the ass.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 10:49:04 PM »
Seriously that Kumail Numaji or whatever the hell his name is..... he was in the Eternals.  The movie was fairly lame but made worse by Disneys woke agenda. In any event a big deal was made about this guy 'getting in shape ' for his part in the movie. And his part was minimal, he was covered in some cgi costume, his superpower was shooting lazers from his finger. It literally had nothing to do with him being in shape and you wouldn't have been able to tell if he hadn't gotten in shape. What the fuck did it have to do with anything?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 02:08:19 AM »
I've never understood why people would pay personal trainers. You can learn several productive exercises to develop the whole body in like a half hour. Why do you need someone to count reps?

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 03:34:46 AM »
I've never understood why people would pay personal trainers. You can learn several productive exercises to develop the whole body in like a half hour. Why do you need someone to count reps?
I agree completely. I do know of some people ( usually women) and they want to pay a trainer because it sounds good when they tell their friends “well my trainer has me doing lunges or whatever exercises “

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 03:44:47 AM »
All dates, pine nuts and calisthenics