Author Topic: **Please Critique My Fat Loss Diet**  (Read 2916 times)

Ley8986

• Getbig I
**Please Critique My Fat Loss Diet**
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:39:42 PM »
I've just decided to work on cutting some body fat and I would like a few people to critique my diet. I am a 6'2 205lb male, with app. 16% bodyfat. I am currently using a carb cycle and have just completed my first week. My cycle consists of three low carb days in a row and then one high carb day, and continues to repeat. Here is a sample low day for my diet including supplements:

Breakfast(7:15am) - 7 egg whites (28g protein)
- 3/4 cup quick oats (41g carbs)
- Multivitamin

9:15am - 1 chicken breast (30g protein)
- 1/2 cup oats (27gh carbs)

11:00am - 1 can tuna (32g protein)
- 3/4 cup oats (41g carbs)

2:15pm - 1 chicken breast (35g protein)
- 1 cup oats (54g carbs)

Pre-workout: 2g creatine ethyl ester
Post-workout: 2 scoops ON whey protein (48g protein)

6:00pm - 1/2 cup oats+ (30g carbs)
- 1 can tuna (32g protein)

Before Bed - 6 egg whites (24g protein)
- 2 fish oil capsules

Daily Intake on Low Carb Day : 200g carbs, 1 x LB of bodyweight protein
**No Carbs after 6 on low carb day
**cardio is done in the morning on an empty stomach
**Vegetables are to be used at night in order to rid of hunger on low days

My high carb day is very similar in foods to my low carb day except whole wheat pasta is added in order to give me some quick good carbs. My high carb day is generally around 400g carbs, and .8 x LB of bodyweight protein.

In a few weeks, I will be adding an ECA stack to this fat burning diet and dropping both my high and low day carbohydrate intake, but I wanted to get used to the change in nutrition before I supplement it. The stack would be taken twice a day @ 25mg Ephedrine, 200mg caffeine and 81mg baby aspirin.

-Thanks a lot to whomever may critique

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: **Please Critique My Fat Loss Diet**
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:53:37 PM »
Even with all the oats (and on certain days, whole wheat pasta), it appears the diet may be low overall on fiber.  I would add some fibrous vegetables (brocolli, green beans), some fiber 1, maybe whole wheat tortillas.  I would shoot for over 50g of fiber per day or more depending upon how your system tolerates it.  Maybe throw in some green tea capsules for good measure.

Other than that, very clean solid diet similar to what I consume myself.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:07:14 AM »
Even with all the oats (and on certain days, whole wheat pasta), it appears the diet may be low overall on fiber.  I would add some fibrous vegetables (brocolli, green beans), some fiber 1, maybe whole wheat tortillas.  I would shoot for over 50g of fiber per day or more depending upon how your system tolerates it.  Maybe throw in some green tea capsules for good measure.

Other than that, very clean solid diet similar to what I consume myself.

i agree. you need a lot more vegetables.

Another point i'd like to add it tha absence of healthy fatty acids. 2 capsules of fish oil are not enough. Add some flaxseed or better rapeseed oil, maybe some olive oil, nuts and try to eat some fish. This will help you with fat loss and keep your test levels high.

Ley8986

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 08:01:09 AM »
Sounds good. Thank you very much. I just assumed that I would bring in enough healthy fats through the chicken, and the large amounts of oatmeal, but I can now see that both of you are correct. Appreciate it.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:45:46 AM »
If you're not losing enough fat, consider cutting out all of the carbs for a couple days.  you're body will turn into a fat burning machine.  You'll get moody though.  you might not build too much muscle, but the fat will disapear.

There is a difference between a healthy diet, and a fat burning diet.  My comment not to be confused with a nutritionaly rich diet.
Most are all show no go!

Ley8986

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:30 PM »
I've heard of the no carbs at all suggestion before, it was just not in my best interest. I am a college student athlete studying Pre-Chiropractic Medicine, and I need be mentally stable and in a good mood throughout the day. The reason I use the carbohydrate cycle is in order to take advantage of leptin, which is a hunger receptor that binds to the hypothalamus in the brain, letting you know how full you are. When your stomach becomes very full on the high carb days, leptin is constantly binding to the hypothalamus, which is turn stimulates the thyroid to raise your BMR and burn more calories!! It's cool stuff!!

-I honestly do appreciate the suggestion a lot bro, I just don't feel that as a student and an athlete, no carbohydates would be in my best interest.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 01:45:15 PM »
I've just decided to work on cutting some body fat and I would like a few people to critique my diet. I am a 6'2 205lb male, with app. 16% bodyfat. I am currently using a carb cycle and have just completed my first week. My cycle consists of three low carb days in a row and then one high carb day, and continues to repeat. Here is a sample low day for my diet including supplements:

Breakfast(7:15am) - 7 egg whites (28g protein)
- 3/4 cup quick oats (41g carbs)
- Multivitamin

9:15am - 1 chicken breast (30g protein)
- 1/2 cup oats (27gh carbs)

11:00am - 1 can tuna (32g protein)
- 3/4 cup oats (41g carbs)

2:15pm - 1 chicken breast (35g protein)
- 1 cup oats (54g carbs)

Pre-workout: 2g creatine ethyl ester
Post-workout: 2 scoops ON whey protein (48g protein)

6:00pm - 1/2 cup oats+ (30g carbs)
- 1 can tuna (32g protein)

Before Bed - 6 egg whites (24g protein)
- 2 fish oil capsules

Daily Intake on Low Carb Day : 200g carbs, 1 x LB of bodyweight protein
**No Carbs after 6 on low carb day
**cardio is done in the morning on an empty stomach
**Vegetables are to be used at night in order to rid of hunger on low days

My high carb day is very similar in foods to my low carb day except whole wheat pasta is added in order to give me some quick good carbs. My high carb day is generally around 400g carbs, and .8 x LB of bodyweight protein.

In a few weeks, I will be adding an ECA stack to this fat burning diet and dropping both my high and low day carbohydrate intake, but I wanted to get used to the change in nutrition before I supplement it. The stack would be taken twice a day @ 25mg Ephedrine, 200mg caffeine and 81mg baby aspirin.

-Thanks a lot to whomever may critique

This really is not a great diet. You need a significant amount of healthy fats, especially when in a caloric deficit to support testosterone production. I see you have 2 fish oil capsules at night. I would recommend 3 at breakfast, 3 at lunch, and 3 before bed. As well, you could have a  carb meal for breakfast, but try and center your carb meals around and right after training. All of your other meals should be protein and fat. Fat sources should be olive oil, natural peanut butter, nuts, and fish oil as you already have. I would recommend for your size, 90-100g of fat from these sources/day. And of course, continue to train heavy and do cardio if you want. Good luck.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »
I see you have 2 fish oil capsules at night. I would recommend 3 at breakfast, 3 at lunch, and 3 before bed. . .  I would recommend for your size, 90-100g of fat from these sources/day.

I'm in total agreement on the 9g of fish oil. 90-100g of fat seems high for a fat loss diet though.  Seems like you need to be in the 20% range of your overall caloric intake based on the reading I've done and in my own experience.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
Look for a blend of Omega 3-6-9 oil in liquid form and work up to a tablespoon with each meal.   Those healthy fats will bump up your fat loss bigtime.   Also, like others have mentioned, eat more green veggies and boatload in the H2o.

Ley8986

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 08:05:20 PM »
Thanks a lot men. I am beginning to learn a lot more. My h2o intake is already very high. Thanks again for the info, keep it coming if you would like!