Author Topic: XBOX 360 RED RING OF DEATH - This is my story, share yours!  (Read 3763 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: XBOX 360 RED RING OF DEATH - This is my story, share yours!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahaaha
 Everybody keep saying " xbox360 has tons of games".
 But you can not play. hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha lmfao
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

:D

Btw: suck on this.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Really? Microsoft fixed mine in three weeks and it works like a charm. I'll enjoy playing SF4 against the millions of other Xbox live subscribers out there.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
gracie is having a meltdown

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »
gracie is having a meltdown

No i'm not.
 Just having fun hearing people complaining about the almight ( XBOX 360 ).

Btw: berzerkfury during those three weeks without your Xbox 360.
 I bet you was playing...malabarism. with all your games.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

8) ;D ;)

Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 06:50:47 AM »
No i'm not.

8) ;D ;)

You really dont know anything dont you? how can you say ps3 is better when the console cell system makes it so hard to develop games that a simple 3x xenon core in xbox is making ps3 appear like its bitch?
Did you know that xenon's gpu is way, wayyyyyyy better than the rsx? actually, do you know anything about this or you will just say "ps3 is better" without even researching a bit?

no doubt 360 got its problems, but facts are killing ps3 :)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »
You really dont know anything dont you? how can you say ps3 is better when the console cell system makes it so hard to develop games that a simple 3x xenon core in xbox is making ps3 appear like its bitch?
Did you know that xenon's gpu is way, wayyyyyyy better than the rsx? actually, do you know anything about this or you will just say "ps3 is better" without even researching a bit?

no doubt 360 got its problems, but facts are killing ps3 :)

Who's having a meltdown now?    8)
Gracie Rules

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:53 AM »
No i'm not.

8) ;D ;)

Actually, I haven't been a huge video gamer for years now, so during those three weeks I found other things to do. Seems to me like PS3 is your life. Have fun playing SF4 online with the 12 other people who have it. Xbox live > all.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:09 AM »
  Who's having a meltdown now?    8)

im sure you really cant debate with me the benefits of xenon's gpu over rsx, and thats why you just say "ps3 gfx is better" lol

I just love when people debate without knowledge, easy to own :)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
Multimedia
Here’s one area that my friend didn’t really consider last year, as he is mostly concerned with making games for the systems, and not watching movies on them. I bought my XBOX 360 around the middle of 2006, and my PS3 at launch, so I am talking about my personal experience here.

For movies, the PS3 wins hands down. Not only does it have integrated Blu-Ray capability, it is a far superior movie player to begin with. We also must consider that the PS3 can be had for as little as $399, while an XBOX 360 with HD-DVD player will cost at least $530 (Arcade Edition notwithstanding, since nobody in their right mind is going to buy an XBOX 360 without a hard drive).

Regardless of comparing playback image quality, sound quality, and interface, there is one thing that gives the XBOX 360 an automatic “zero” in every category - it is excruciatingly LOUD. There is ONE thing that I HATE when I try to watch a movie, and that’s background noise. I alway go out of the way to make sure my living room is utterly quiet when I sit down to watch a movie, and the sickening screech of the 360’s DVD drive and fans makes this completely impossible.

PS3, on the other hand, is completely quiet during movie playback. Whether you are watching a Blu-Ray, DVD, or other video format, the PS3 isn’t going to make a peep.

I also much prefer the PS3’s interface to the bright, flashy, sluggish interface of the XBOX 360. Turning on the PS3 to watch a high-definition movie feels like a classy, almost ‘high end’ experience. In contrast, fire up the XBOX 360 and you are treated to a whining fan, screeching DVD drive, and bright flashy colours on your screen. The console itself looks more like a ‘toy’ and the external USB drive required for HD-DVD only extends the ‘low end’ feel.

Then you have the other media formats. XBOX 360 was only ever meant to be an ‘Multimedia Extender’. In other words, it was expected that by this time, most people would have a PC dedicated to hosting multimedia using either Windows Media Center or Vista Home. The 360 would pull the files off this dedicated media PC over the network. Therefore, the 360’s multimedia capabilities are actually quite poor. It supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and MPEG-4 AVC (h.264), but only in the WMV, MOV, and TS container formats. It supports DLNA, so is able to discover files on DLNA software like Windows Vista.

Playstation 3 was intended to be an all-in-one media center, and the design shows. At first, it did not support DLNA, but we broke the story when DLNA-supporting firmware was released, allowing multimedia to be streamed from Vista to the Playstation 3. All the major codecs are supported by Playstation 3; MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Motion JPEG (commonly found with digital cameras) through AVI, MOV, MP4, and TS container formats. It will even play AVCHD files directly (M2TS files - the same format Blu-Ray uses).

MP4 support is seen as the future of video, and the PS3 has very good support of this. It supports MPEG-4 AAC audio, MPEG-4 Simple Profile video, as well as Main and High profile (also known as h.264). In a big story last week, it was announced that the PS3 would soon be supporting the DivX codec, through the AVI file container. This will be the first time a non-modified console supports this highly popular format. Here’s hoping for MKV h.264 support! ;)

Audio playback is close, with the PS3 having the minor advantage of supporting SACD, although this is no longer supported with the 40GB version. It’s been sad to see Sony drop many of the advantages they held over the 360 in the past year. Playstation 3 will always be better as a standalone music player since it doesn’t sound like a jet engine, but the 360 has the great advantage of being able to access music from within any game.

I have viewed photos on both consoles, and find the PS3 to be a more pleasant experience. Again, the XMB is so much better than XBOX 360’s tabbed Dashboard, and it’s nice to view pictures without noisy fans blasting away in the background. The PS3 supports some printers directly, which may or may not be useful (I can’t imagine using it as a photo printer, but someone might. probably someone in Japan).

8)
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »
Performance
Here’s a tough one. On paper, the Playstation 3’s Cell engine is more capable than XBOX 360’s triple-core Xenon CPU. However, as our developer alluded to last year, the XBOX 360 is much easier to develop for. In other words, a lot of the Cell’s power is going to waste. Although that is expected to change eventually, as always seems to happen with Sony’s consoles (compare early PS2 games to current games, and the same goes for PS1), one year later we’re still waiting for someone to fully exploit the system. Another indication that the PS3 is harder to develop for is the fact that almost all multiplatform games arrive weeks - if not months - after their 360 versions.

As we said last year, we fully expect the PS3 to win this category - eventually. To what extent, we’re not sure (very likely it’s only going to be the blockbuster first-party titles that take full advantage of Cell), and when this will occur, we’re not sure either. Obviously, one full year wasn’t enough.

8)
Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 11:39:54 AM »
Multimedia
Here’s one area that my friend didn’t really consider last year, as he is mostly concerned with making games for the systems, and not watching movies on them. I bought my XBOX 360 around the middle of 2006, and my PS3 at launch, so I am talking about my personal experience here.

For movies, the PS3 wins hands down. Not only does it have integrated Blu-Ray capability, it is a far superior movie player to begin with. We also must consider that the PS3 can be had for as little as $399, while an XBOX 360 with HD-DVD player will cost at least $530 (Arcade Edition notwithstanding, since nobody in their right mind is going to buy an XBOX 360 without a hard drive).

Regardless of comparing playback image quality, sound quality, and interface, there is one thing that gives the XBOX 360 an automatic “zero” in every category - it is excruciatingly LOUD. There is ONE thing that I HATE when I try to watch a movie, and that’s background noise. I alway go out of the way to make sure my living room is utterly quiet when I sit down to watch a movie, and the sickening screech of the 360’s DVD drive and fans makes this completely impossible.

PS3, on the other hand, is completely quiet during movie playback. Whether you are watching a Blu-Ray, DVD, or other video format, the PS3 isn’t going to make a peep.

I also much prefer the PS3’s interface to the bright, flashy, sluggish interface of the XBOX 360. Turning on the PS3 to watch a high-definition movie feels like a classy, almost ‘high end’ experience. In contrast, fire up the XBOX 360 and you are treated to a whining fan, screeching DVD drive, and bright flashy colours on your screen. The console itself looks more like a ‘toy’ and the external USB drive required for HD-DVD only extends the ‘low end’ feel.

Then you have the other media formats. XBOX 360 was only ever meant to be an ‘Multimedia Extender’. In other words, it was expected that by this time, most people would have a PC dedicated to hosting multimedia using either Windows Media Center or Vista Home. The 360 would pull the files off this dedicated media PC over the network. Therefore, the 360’s multimedia capabilities are actually quite poor. It supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and MPEG-4 AVC (h.264), but only in the WMV, MOV, and TS container formats. It supports DLNA, so is able to discover files on DLNA software like Windows Vista.

Playstation 3 was intended to be an all-in-one media center, and the design shows. At first, it did not support DLNA, but we broke the story when DLNA-supporting firmware was released, allowing multimedia to be streamed from Vista to the Playstation 3. All the major codecs are supported by Playstation 3; MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Motion JPEG (commonly found with digital cameras) through AVI, MOV, MP4, and TS container formats. It will even play AVCHD files directly (M2TS files - the same format Blu-Ray uses).

MP4 support is seen as the future of video, and the PS3 has very good support of this. It supports MPEG-4 AAC audio, MPEG-4 Simple Profile video, as well as Main and High profile (also known as h.264). In a big story last week, it was announced that the PS3 would soon be supporting the DivX codec, through the AVI file container. This will be the first time a non-modified console supports this highly popular format. Here’s hoping for MKV h.264 support! ;)

Audio playback is close, with the PS3 having the minor advantage of supporting SACD, although this is no longer supported with the 40GB version. It’s been sad to see Sony drop many of the advantages they held over the 360 in the past year. Playstation 3 will always be better as a standalone music player since it doesn’t sound like a jet engine, but the 360 has the great advantage of being able to access music from within any game.

I have viewed photos on both consoles, and find the PS3 to be a more pleasant experience. Again, the XMB is so much better than XBOX 360’s tabbed Dashboard, and it’s nice to view pictures without noisy fans blasting away in the background. The PS3 supports some printers directly, which may or may not be useful (I can’t imagine using it as a photo printer, but someone might. probably someone in Japan).

8)

Seriously, using a games console to watch movies is not exactly smart, but sure most of the idiots on this world think its a great feature :)

Did you notice that your post says nothing about which console is better? again, do you understand the difference of programing for xenon and ps3's cells?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
Seriously, using a games console to watch movies is not exactly smart, but sure most of the idiots on this world think its a great feature :)

Did you notice that your post says nothing about which console is better? again, do you understand the difference of programing for xenon and ps3's cells?

here read this again.

Performance
Here’s a tough one. On paper, the Playstation 3’s Cell engine is more capable than XBOX 360’s triple-core Xenon CPU. However, as our developer alluded to last year, the XBOX 360 is much easier to develop for. In other words, a lot of the Cell’s power is going to waste. Although that is expected to change eventually, as always seems to happen with Sony’s consoles (compare early PS2 games to current games, and the same goes for PS1), one year later we’re still waiting for someone to fully exploit the system. Another indication that the PS3 is harder to develop for is the fact that almost all multiplatform games arrive weeks - if not months - after their 360 versions.

As we said last year, we fully expect the PS3 to win this category - eventually. To what extent, we’re not sure (very likely it’s only going to be the blockbuster first-party titles that take full advantage of Cell), and when this will occur, we’re not sure either. Obviously, one full year wasn’t enough.

xenon  its easier to program. but its not more capable.

And yes. only stupid people would buy a video game. that does more than  just play games.
 Smart people would buy video games only to play games.

My point is. you can do much more things with PS3.
 Thats why PS3 is superior.
 Did you get it now. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

8)
Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
here read this again.

Performance

xenon  its easier to program. but its not more capable.

And yes. only stupid people would buy a video game. that does more than  just play games.
 Smart people would buy video games only to play games.

My point is. you can do much more things with PS3.
 Thats why PS3 is superior.
 Did you get it now. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

8)

Your comparison is like having a lamborgini and using 93 octanes and not 97, useless.

Again, no game developed for ps3 so far is using more than 50% of ps3's capabilities, that means, if you use 80% then you will probably equal xbox, maybe because the architecture of ps3 make it hard and non interesting to develop anything.

But sure, you can watch movies, listen to music and all of that in a console made to play and a laser made for different purposes.

you are still wrong, and i know you cant prove me wrong :)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
Your comparison is like having a lamborgini and using 93 octanes and not 97, useless.

Again, no game developed for ps3 so far is using more than 50% of ps3's capabilities, that means, if you use 80% then you will probably equal xbox, maybe because the architecture of ps3 make it hard and non interesting to develop anything.

But sure, you can watch movies, listen to music and all of that in a console made to play and a laser made for different purposes.

you are still wrong, and i know you cant prove me wrong :)

So you are saying that the developers will never reach the other 50%?
 wow!! you must be really smart to believe that.
 And yes i can watch movies with better quality,listen to music with better quality, surf the internet and bla bla bla.
 And you still thinking that xbox 360 is superior. ok. you won  ::)

all hail the almight xbox 360. ::)
Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »
So you are saying that the developers will never reach the other 50%?
 wow!! you must be really smart to believe that.
 And yes i can watch movies with better quality,listen to music with better quality, surf the internet and bla bla bla.
 And you still thinking that xbox 360 is superior. ok. you won  ::)

all hail the almight xbox 360. ::)

check ps3's developing line, the beta test, then how much time the developers have wasted and you will find out the reason with the other 50% will never be reached, instead, a new console will come with all of these errors fixed.

Quality movies? yes, but listen to music with better quality? which compression mr gracie? do i have to explain you how FRAUDenhofer works too ? :)

dont hate me because i try to teach you, hate the game not the playah!

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 12:49:18 PM »
check ps3's developing line, the beta test, then how much time the developers have wasted and you will find out the reason with the other 50% will never be reached, instead, a new console will come with all of these errors fixed.

Quality movies? yes, but listen to music with better quality? which compression mr gracie? do i have to explain you how FRAUDenhofer works too ? :)

dont hate me because i try to teach you, hate the game not the playah!

Yes master teach me something about tech toys. ::)

The PS3 audio circuity can decode up to 7.1 channels of audioin the dolby digital,DTS SACD and Dolby True formats.
 The xbox 360 can decode up to 5.1 channels of audio in dolby digital and DTS. it down- converts Dolby TrueHD.
 PS3 has the advantage.

Btw: can you came up with something better than (hate the game not the playah! )

ps: thanks for the Mr gracie. lol. there's no reason to be so formal. 8)
 You can call me Gracie. 8) ;D ;)
Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
Yes master teach me something about tech toys. ::)

The PS3 audio circuity can decode up to 7.1 channels of audioin the dolby digital,DTS SACD and Dolby True formats.
 The xbox 360 can decode up to 5.1 channels of audio in dolby digital and DTS. it down- converts Dolby TrueHD.
 PS3 has the advantage.

Btw: can you came up with something better than (hate the game not the playah! )

ps: thanks for the Mr gracie. lol. there's no reason to be so formal. 8)
 You can call me Gracie. 8) ;D ;)

Quick question mr gracie, do you understand what are you talking or you just lookup for info @ google from people that seems to be "deep" in this?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »
Quick question mr gracie, do you understand what are you talking or you just lookup for info @ google from people that seems to be "deep" in this?
It does not matter if i know a little, a lot , if i don't know crap about the subject. or if i google.
 What matters is. that everything i posted here is true. and that is a fact.

8) ;D ;)

Gracie Rules

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
It does not matter if i know a little, a lot , if i don't know crap about the subject. or if i google.
 What matters is. that everything i posted here is true. and that is a fact.

8) ;D ;)

expected answer :)