Author Topic: "swollen" hands...water retention?  (Read 14037 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: "swollen" hands...water retention?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 09:15:56 AM »
Mine do this too.  I think it may be normal.  But like I told you, I have Raynaud's (Primary) as well.

Maybe someone w/o Raynaud's could perform the above and post the results.
Now I feel better..  :)

Now, the cold sensitivity... I remember having it from 15-16 yrs old...

Once I was on my bike when I was 15 and all of a sudden without noticind is..I lost sense of my left arm and fell off the bike..stood up and my friend told me "is everything ok?"...my whole arm was numb....like dead and I remember that I couldnt speak..my tongue got numb for seconds...I just did "blah blah" couldnt talk...it all started from there i think. minutes after this i was ok. That day was VERY cold.

Im still frightened when i recall it.. maybe it was a stroke?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »
Now I feel better..  :)

:)

Now, the cold sensitivity... I remember having it from 15-16 yrs old...

I was always the kid that had to go sit in the car and warm up while snow sledding. ::)

I used to get hives a lot when I got cold.  Face, knees, hands, feet, butt etc.  Not sure about your whole arm going numb though.

R

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 09:38:27 AM »
:)

I was always the kid that had to go sit in the car and warm up while snow sledding. ::)

I used to get hives a lot when I got cold.  Face, knees, hands, feet, butt etc.  Not sure about your whole arm going numb though.

I guess were special..  ;D :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
R

lesaucer

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
its retention from the gear man dont worry we all get it especially when you wake up in the morning, or when you drink alcohol its 2x worst!

pvttucker

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
its retention from the gear man dont worry we all get it especially when you wake up in the morning, or when you drink alcohol its 2x worst!

this. 5ius of gear ed does that to me. got it all day everyday, no problem. just a reminder that my shit is g2g.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »
Mezo, I was reading about food poisoning recently...do you think it's possible you could be allergic to some stuff (food/food additives) including MSG?

Allergic symptoms (facial flushing, itching) occur

Less than 1 h

Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, peppery taste, burning of throat, facial swelling and flushing, stomach pain, itching of skin. Histamine (scombroid)

Numbness around mouth, tingling sensation, flushing, dizziness, headache, nausea. Monosodium glutamate

Flushing, sensation of warmth, itching, abdominal pain, puffing of face and knees. Nicotinic acid

www.fda.gov
R

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:25 AM »
Mezo, I was reading about food poisoning recently...do you think it's possible you could be allergic to some stuff (food/food additives) including MSG?

Allergic symptoms (facial flushing, itching) occur

Less than 1 h

Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, peppery taste, burning of throat, facial swelling and flushing, stomach pain, itching of skin. Histamine (scombroid)

Numbness around mouth, tingling sensation, flushing, dizziness, headache, nausea. Monosodium glutamate

Flushing, sensation of warmth, itching, abdominal pain, puffing of face and knees. Nicotinic acid

www.fda.gov
Sometimes I get cold feet and hands and/or face changes colour when I eat.

I im having an appointment with a doc this week..

Also Im considering giving some blood as I have high hematocrit levels...it might eases the symptoms..Im going to try and see.

What about CoQ10 Butterbean, is it useful enough for circulation issues or doesnt do sh#t?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »

Also Im considering giving some blood as I have high hematocrit levels...it might eases the symptoms..Im going to try and see.

What about CoQ10 Butterbean, is it useful enough for circulation issues or doesnt do sh#t?

I don't really know anything about it..... Princess or Montague might have some answers.

Maybe try to remember to mention to the doc about the poss. of allergies to food/food additives...hope your appt. provides some answers!
R

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
I don't really know anything about it..... Princess or Montague might have some answers.

Maybe try to remember to mention to the doc about the poss. of allergies to food/food additives...hope your appt. provides some answers!
I will let you know personally since you helped me alot..and calmed me down.  :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »
I will let you know personally since you helped me alot..and calmed me down.  :)
:D ;D :)  Thanks Meso.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »

I found this stuff to be very helpful in the winter with the Reynaud's

Standard Process isn't a brand you want to go around experimenting with.  Practitioners are trained and have tools to correctly dose their products based on symptoms.  It's a holistic approach.

It might be helpful to find a medical professional who is certified to sell Standard Process rather than a "run of the mill" M.D.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »

I found this stuff to be very helpful in the winter with the Reynaud's

Standard Process isn't a brand you want to go around experimenting with.  Practitioners are trained and have tools to correctly dose their products based on symptoms.  It's a holistic approach.

It might be helpful to find a medical professional who is certified to sell Standard Process rather than a "run of the mill" M.D.

"Her Highness" has expensive tastes:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »

"Her Highness" has expensive tastes:

Standard Process is a top notch company.

All of their products are certified organic and whole food based.

Read a little about them here http://www.standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=766&filename=/Public/Lit/Brochures/aboutstandardprocessL2600.pdf

:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:13 AM »
Standard Process is a top notch company.

All of their products are certified organic and whole food based.

Read a little about them here http://www.standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=766&filename=/Public/Lit/Brochures/aboutstandardprocessL2600.pdf

The only product of theirs I’ve tried is Ligaplex ii; that was quite a while ago.
I purchased it through a chiropractor who was treating me at the time, and I was not impressed with it.

I would never make a blanket statement about a company based on one experience with one product, but at the same time, I’m not eager to try anything else from them until I learn & KNOW more it.

It sounds as though you’ve had good luck, so I may consult you on this in the future. ;)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
So I went to the reumatologist..

He diagnosed me with raynauds..

He has me do some blood work and get back to him next week..no prescription drugs given to me.

Fuck my life.  :-X :-\ ;D