Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 758710 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7400 on: June 14, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »
Is it possible for a hacker to just wipe out Bitcoin? Seriously.

For all intents and purposes, no. Has not yet happened, ever, in the entire history of bitcoin and virtually impossible every to happen in the future.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7401 on: June 14, 2021, 08:23:56 PM »
Is it possible for a hacker to just wipe out Bitcoin? Seriously.

Are you talking about quantum computing/super computers?  They need to operate at -180c as they require extreme computational output.  Even if it were capable why would you hack btc? The value would drop almost immediately and you would be holding nothing  burgers. If a hacker were that nefarious id probably avoid airports and anywhere  next to w nuclear base.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7402 on: June 14, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
Are you talking about quantum computing/super computers?  They need to operate at -180c as they require extreme computational output.  Even if it were capable why would you hack btc? The value would drop almost immediately and you would be holding nothing  burgers. If a hacker were that nefarious id probably avoid airports and anywhere  next to w nuclear base.

Yes, agree. Hence theoretical. It's like saying that in theory, someone could steal all the gold in the world, and then destroy it by send it all into outer-space. Theoretical, but is never going to happen in reality.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7403 on: June 15, 2021, 02:49:18 AM »
JPM now hoarding cash as they believe rates are going to rise…….

Barry Silter now long on VIX……

Metals already started to puke…..

The Fed said 2%-3% inflation was fine with them. It’s now 5% which is an interest rate risk flag.

At this same time MSTR raised 500M junk bonds to buy more Bitcoin and announced a proposal for the ability to sell 1B in shares…….

So for the Bitcoin Bulls, do you feel Saylor is buying at 40k because it’s going to fly upwards at any moment and decouple from the financial world?

I’ll make my viewpoint crystal clear, Saylor knows full well BTC had it’s top and is in a bear market. he knows a rate rise is incoming and it will trigger a huge sell off across financial markets, particularly crypto. Therefore Saylor is raising funds not to buy at 40k but at much lower prices.

when he buys he announces it straight away. Everyone expected him to buy so they front ran yesterday but yet radio silence from Saylor…… something worth pondering.

Guess we're going to find out soon enough.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7404 on: June 15, 2021, 04:19:12 AM »
Girlfriends, take a look at the movements post large peaks/spikes.

2017 and 2019 look at the first small squiggle on the initial drop and look at 2021. exactly the same look and it’s right before a second smack down in price.

The dead cat bounce is the squiggle Then we have multiple bounces after before the uptrend is started.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7405 on: June 15, 2021, 04:37:16 AM »
JPM now hoarding cash as they believe rates are going to rise…….

Barry Silter now long on VIX……

Metals already started to puke…..

The Fed said 2%-3% inflation was fine with them. It’s now 5% which is an interest rate risk flag.

At this same time MSTR raised 500M junk bonds to buy more Bitcoin and announced a proposal for the ability to sell 1B in shares…….

So for the Bitcoin Bulls, do you feel Saylor is buying at 40k because it’s going to fly upwards at any moment and decouple from the financial world?

I’ll make my viewpoint crystal clear, Saylor knows full well BTC had it’s top and is in a bear market. he knows a rate rise is incoming and it will trigger a huge sell off across financial markets, particularly crypto. Therefore Saylor is raising funds not to buy at 40k but at much lower prices.

when he buys he announces it straight away. Everyone expected him to buy so they front ran yesterday but yet radio silence from Saylor…… something worth pondering.

Check the latest 13F filings in HYG. Usually that bond is very stable and does nothing except when there is a market crash. All the big players have added a bunch of fresh PUTS there. Some have also added huge SPY PUTS.

Lets not forget Michael Burry has warned everyone just like back in 2008.

Other than a few "for amusement" positions I'm not involved, but this isn't good news for crypto. If crypto take a dump this month and then takes another dump because of a stockmarket crash where does that put us. Bitcoin under 10k, Eth under $800? It will be carnage, but those would be some sweet buy in prices

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7406 on: June 15, 2021, 05:57:36 AM »
Here's the downside:

-Real estate can be compulsorily acquired by the Government.

In my 40+ years of owning real estate (both individual property and family owned), I've never had the government claim eminent domain and take part in condemnation of my land/property. Even in the off chance that they ever did, they practically always provide the real estate owner with fair value compensation.

-It is not immovable and cannot be transferred across boarders.

True. Then again, for someone like me, the USA is where I plan to stay for the rest of my life.

-Huge friction in transaction costs (both to buy and sell).

If you're looking to liquidate your assets in a bind, that can be detrimental as time could be of the essence. For me, I am a long term HODL'er of real estate.

-Maintenance costs ongoing.

Depends on what type of real estate you own and via what medium. I own everything from land (no real maintenance costs), indwelling units (condos & houses) and shares via REITs. Condos and houses have maintenance costs, but they are also costs I can write off against my taxes, thereby lowering my tax burden.

-Requires ongoing effort if renting it to earn a yield.

Depends on what you own and where you rent. If you own in a city that has high demand and rents are typically high, then getting and keeping tenants can be very simple. Additionally, if you don't like taking part in any "ongoing effort", get yourself a property manager (recommended if you own more than 5 properties at least).

-Can be heavily taxed (both on acquisition, on an ongoing basis, and massively via capital gains tax on any sale).

On acquisition, you can typically share the tax burden between the seller/buyer (makes it easier to stomach). Ongoing property taxes is a way of life, if you earn income in this country you HAVE to pay taxes one way or another (I find ways to lower tax burden). I don't agree with the notion that you have to pay capital gains on any sale to the tune of a "massive amount". This isn't true. As an accountant, I can tell you that if you were to sell a property, I can offset every last cost of repair, most of your interests paid during holding of that asset, cost of your realtor fee and closing costs for your entire transaction. I can easily turn that 15-20% to a measly 7-9% and MOST accountants can.

-For most people is leveraged, and value is thus highly influenced via interest rates. (This can be both a positive of a negative).

This last year and a half, mortgages have been given out for practically nothing. Interest rates have been at an all time low. It's free money they're lending out. Great time to be leveraged over the last 1.5 years.

-Virtually unlimited supply can be produced in most countries, unless a very small place like HK or Singapore or Monaco (via more apartments that can be built upwards on plots of land).

Unless God is creating more land or the oceans are receding and revealing more earth to build upon, not sure I can agree with the virtually unlimited supply.

Still, I would argue highly that when comparing apples to oranges, real estate is still an exponentially better hedge against inflation than Bitcoin.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7407 on: June 15, 2021, 06:07:26 AM »

I wasn't talking about a hacker who's invested in it but one that just wants to fuck with people.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7408 on: June 15, 2021, 07:07:33 AM »
Decentralization and math ultimately wins in the end.

Paul Tudor Jones likes Bitcoin because it's 'reliable' and 'honest,' says Fed policy is 'absolutely bat 's' crazy'

Famed investor Paul Tudor Jones supported putting money in Bitcoin (BTC-USD) on Monday, suggesting that it offers more reliability than Federal Reserve policymakers. He advocated that the ideal portfolio should contain 5% cryptocurrency.

In an interview with CNBC, Jones also railed against Fed policy, calling it "absolutely bat 's' crazy" for ignoring signs of rising inflation to concentrate solely on boosting the economy.

Jones said that if the Fed treats recent inflation data with "nonchalance" at its upcoming meeting, it will act as a "green light" for commodities trade. He specified that this reaction should include the purchase of commodities, gold, and cryptocurrencies.

The billionaire hedge fund manager characterized the current mix of monetary and fiscal policy as the "craziest" since the Fed was created. He suggested that, given the current economy, the combination of high government spending and easy monetary policy goes against economic orthodoxy.

On cryptocurrency, Jones said the asset class offered a good portfolio diversifier, suggesting that it provides more reliability than the people put in charge of policy at the Fed or in Congress and the White House.
Jones suggested that lack of faith in the Fed has driven high prices in both crypto and gold. He called it "disingenuous" for the Fed to refer to inflation as "transitory," a position that has undermined market faith in the central bank.

"Bitcoin is math," Jones said, calling it more "reliable, consistent, honest" than policymakers. He indicated that he doesn't see the same reliability and consistency with "human nature."

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3705997-paul-tudor-jones-likes-bitcoin-because-its-reliable-and-honest-says-fed-policy-is-absolutely-bat-s-crazy

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7409 on: June 15, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »
Even if it were capable why would you hack btc? The value would drop almost immediately and you would be holding nothing  burgers.

8)

Some of you folks are very seriously naive.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7410 on: June 15, 2021, 11:26:10 AM »
Almost there.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7411 on: June 15, 2021, 01:32:45 PM »
I wasn't talking about a hacker who's invested in it but one that just wants to fuck with people.

Answered that, if you are capable of hacking  the largest most secure network on earth and growing stronger by the day then you and I have bigger issues on our hands. Why stop at btc? Collapse Wall st, detonate nukes , crash airplanes etc....

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7412 on: June 15, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »
Answered that, if you are capable of hacking  the largest most secure network on earth and growing stronger by the day then you and I have bigger issues on our hands. Why stop at btc? Collapse Wall st, detonate nukes , crash airplanes etc....

Autism

If anyone were able to hack BTC they would most likely be autistic and their reasons probably wouldn't make much sense to us.

This guy hacked 100+ US military,  NASA and FBI websites and computers just because he was curious about UFOs.

I believe he was just looking for a way to get home

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7413 on: June 15, 2021, 04:22:51 PM »
Autism

If anyone were able to hack BTC they would most likely be autistic and their reasons probably wouldn't make much sense to us.

This guy hacked 100+ US military,  NASA and FBI websites and computers just because he was curious about UFOs.

I believe he was just looking for a way to get home

Thats why you see most math competitions dominated by chinese yet its nearly always the high funtctioning autuistic white kid that wins. Brilliant  coders.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7414 on: June 15, 2021, 04:28:20 PM »
Check the latest 13F filings in HYG. Usually that bond is very stable and does nothing except when there is a market crash. All the big players have added a bunch of fresh PUTS there. Some have also added huge SPY PUTS.

Lets not forget Michael Burry has warned everyone just like back in 2008.

Other than a few "for amusement" positions I'm not involved, but this isn't good news for crypto. If crypto take a dump this month and then takes another dump because of a stockmarket crash where does that put us. Bitcoin under 10k, Eth under $800? It will be carnage, but those would be some sweet buy in prices

There is always a deflationary event to trigger the inflationary policy. I would use rate rise over tapering QE to trigger a sell off. At least this way QE keeps going and you can justify increasing it when the sell off happens. It also says you acknowledge inflation. If you taper down QE you trigger a sell event you have to restart all over again which is arguably 1 step forward 1 step back. Then again if they are acting like bull market traders right now they’ll taper QE and expect it to rally lol.

Next dump might be 20k region and a bounce to 30k-32k. ETH 1k bounce 1.45k.

If it doesn’t rally from there and it wants a 3rd dip-bounce then we’ll see 14k come into play. ETH 400 region.

Alts require time to fully unwind so there is no rush on those even in the short term. All loaded with downside risk IMO because we will see random alt dumps of 10%+ without any price rally.

Almost there.

Nope, we are still in a range and right at resistance and needing a break above 42.3k.

The window of opportunity is almost closed now. Look at your charts each month on the daily from the 15th onwards. What do you see?

Back half of each month is a come to Jesus meeting………

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7415 on: June 15, 2021, 07:03:07 PM »
In my 40+ years of owning real estate (both individual property and family owned), I've never had the government claim eminent domain and take part in condemnation of my land/property. Even in the off chance that they ever did, they practically always provide the real estate owner with fair value compensation.

True. Then again, for someone like me, the USA is where I plan to stay for the rest of my life.

If you're looking to liquidate your assets in a bind, that can be detrimental as time could be of the essence. For me, I am a long term HODL'er of real estate.

Depends on what type of real estate you own and via what medium. I own everything from land (no real maintenance costs), indwelling units (condos & houses) and shares via REITs. Condos and houses have maintenance costs, but they are also costs I can write off against my taxes, thereby lowering my tax burden.

Depends on what you own and where you rent. If you own in a city that has high demand and rents are typically high, then getting and keeping tenants can be very simple. Additionally, if you don't like taking part in any "ongoing effort", get yourself a property manager (recommended if you own more than 5 properties at least).

On acquisition, you can typically share the tax burden between the seller/buyer (makes it easier to stomach). Ongoing property taxes is a way of life, if you earn income in this country you HAVE to pay taxes one way or another (I find ways to lower tax burden). I don't agree with the notion that you have to pay capital gains on any sale to the tune of a "massive amount". This isn't true. As an accountant, I can tell you that if you were to sell a property, I can offset every last cost of repair, most of your interests paid during holding of that asset, cost of your realtor fee and closing costs for your entire transaction. I can easily turn that 15-20% to a measly 7-9% and MOST accountants can.

This last year and a half, mortgages have been given out for practically nothing. Interest rates have been at an all time low. It's free money they're lending out. Great time to be leveraged over the last 1.5 years.

Unless God is creating more land or the oceans are receding and revealing more earth to build upon, not sure I can agree with the virtually unlimited supply.

Still, I would argue highly that when comparing apples to oranges, real estate is still an exponentially better hedge against inflation than Bitcoin.

"1"

Well, that's a very American-centric view, as opposed to the reality in most of the world. Further, if history has taught us anything, its that not to take "normality" for granted. Property makes you entirely subject to to Government intervention, theft, tax, regulation, acquisition, war, politics, monetary policy, local economy, etc,  I wouldn't say property is a bad investment, but it comes with risks many under-estimate.

For the record, I have far far more net worth in property than in BTC, though not so much through private residences that I own (I do have a few places in various countries), but rather through REITs which give me global diversification, instant liquidity, and with no hassle of any maintenance etc. Still, I think BTC has it place, and will show its value when most needed, which I why I recommend everyone to become a whole-coiner whilst still possible and to have some % of portfolio allocated to BTC.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7416 on: June 16, 2021, 12:38:34 AM »
Today we get the Fed rate meeting result……

BTC long coins 48k - this is a record high
BTC short coins 25k

Binance has more Bitcoin loaded on its exchange right now than at 64.5k.

So we have exchanges loaded with coins plus record high level of longs and in 10hrs or so the Fed announces their rates of which they have been threatened by hedge funds who say they will go all in on commodities and send inflation to Mars unless they raise rates today…..

But according to Twitter it’s a huge short squeeze……..

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7417 on: June 16, 2021, 03:58:24 AM »
Thats why you see most math competitions dominated by chinese yet its nearly always the high funtctioning autuistic white kid that wins. Brilliant  coders.

Don't the Chinee have any autistic math savants?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7418 on: June 16, 2021, 04:59:47 AM »
Today we get the Fed rate meeting result……

BTC long coins 48k - this is a record high
BTC short coins 25k

Binance has more Bitcoin loaded on its exchange right now than at 64.5k.

So we have exchanges loaded with coins plus record high level of longs and in 10hrs or so the Fed announces their rates of which they have been threatened by hedge funds who say they will go all in on commodities and send inflation to Mars unless they raise rates today…..

But according to Twitter it’s a huge short squeeze……..

Looks like the rates will probably remain unchanged though.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7419 on: June 16, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »
Looks like the rates will probably remain unchanged though.

Everyone in the system is kicking their own can down the road right now, and no on wants to be the reason for a crash.

Hedge funds have made an ungodly amount of money in the last 5 or so years (cheating the system and it's catching up with them) and now they have no where to park it. I believe until May it was in crypto, a lot of people now believe they are parking it overnight in the repo market because there is no where else.

Banks. FED, institutions are kinda in a self preservation style Mexican stand off with each other.

Crypto is gonna need a minor miracle right now to avoid taking a dump. The bigger question is one dump or two?

I can see Mr Anabolic cracking his knuckles, fingers hovering over his keyboard

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #7420 on: June 16, 2021, 08:47:25 AM »
Everyone in the system is kicking their own can down the road right now, and no on wants to be the reason for a crash.

Hedge funds have made an ungodly amount of money in the last 5 or so years (cheating the system and it's catching up with them) and now they have no where to park it. I believe until May it was in crypto, a lot of people now believe they are parking it overnight in the repo market because there is no where else.

Banks. FED, institutions are kinda in a self preservation style Mexican stand off with each other.

Crypto is gonna need a minor miracle right now to avoid taking a dump. The bigger question is one dump or two?

Hahaha at the last sentence.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7421 on: June 16, 2021, 03:29:35 PM »
He still logs in, but hasn't posted for 6 months LMAO. I hope he posts and enjoys himself if bitcoin dumps below 10K.

If there is an economic crash it will actually be really interesting to see just how and why bitcoin crashes (if at all) and how it responds.

This will actually give us a far better insight into the long term prospects of bitcoin than a 65k bitcoin price in a bull run.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7422 on: June 16, 2021, 03:46:38 PM »

You thinking players rotate out of equities and move into commodities?

Would solve the sky high valuation of share prices and PE ratios if it had a pullback.

Fed will still do 120B/mth bond purchases so QE ain’t stopping and nor should stimmy cheques.

Any 50%+ first dump has always resulted in a 70%-85% end price either over a few months to 12 months.

Price range 9.6k-19.6k.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7423 on: June 16, 2021, 04:17:01 PM »
He still logs in, but hasn't posted for 6 months LMAO. I hope he posts and enjoys himself if bitcoin dumps below 10K.

If there is an economic crash it will actually be really interesting to see just how and why bitcoin crashes (if at all) and how it responds.

This will actually give us a far better insight into the long term prospects of bitcoin than a 65k bitcoin price in a bull run.

Gold having a puke. I’m eyeing where it lands as I would like to buy gold but I’ll go the paper contract route.

Dont believe anything about bitcoin being decoupled.l from financial markets. Nobody flocks to the 0.6B market carp Bitcoin for safety, that’s what the 10T market cap gold is for and look at that today, complete 🤮

Just wait and you’ll see dude re BTC crash. I am at peak retard right now and this all feels like it needs
To happen.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7424 on: June 16, 2021, 05:12:18 PM »
Gold having a puke. I’m eyeing where it lands as I would like to buy gold but I’ll go the paper contract route.

Dont believe anything about bitcoin being decoupled.l from financial markets. Nobody flocks to the 0.6B market carp Bitcoin for safety, that’s what the 10T market cap gold is for and look at that today, complete 🤮

Just wait and you’ll see dude re BTC crash. I am at peak retard right now and this all feels like it needs
To happen.

Tether could hit the shitter in a serious financial crash. It's balls deep in the stockmarket and holds very little $. So market trust in crypto and BTC will crash harder than anyone is expecting. Under these circumstances it may look like BTC is dead, but it could potentially emerge as a phoenix from the ashes, especially if we enter an economic depression and BTC rockets. That's what I'll be looking for to help convince me that BTC is legit. At the very least there should be some gains to be made.