Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 743502 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7350 on: June 13, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »
Interesting conversation.

Well you must have noticed when bitcoin hit the shitter and you came into the thread to troll all the bitcoin fanboys were as silent as church mouse.

I was the one calling you out.

Bitcoin has a mini rally and now the fanboys are back feeling like champions. Some of them clowns like poly act like borderline cultists. Gib, seems like a nice guy, but he gave himself up on here a few years. Bitcoin looked dead and he pretty much owned up to acting the part of a shill.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7351 on: June 13, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
Nigerians will ‘lead bitcoin,’ says Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey Sunday said “the people of Nigeria will lead bitcoin” despite the Nigerian authorities clamp down on the trading of cryptocurrencies.

Dorsey’s take was a direct reaction to an oped written by NFL star Russell Okung in Bitcoin Magazine.

Okung, a Nigerian descendant and self-acclaimed Bitcoin proponent, advised Nigeria to focus on achieving “economic independence and financial sovereignty” by establishing a Bitcoin Standard.

Nigeria is one of the largest cryptocurrency markets in the world. But the country’s central bank prohibited financial institutions from trading in cryptocurrency.

Banks were also ordered to identify and close down all accounts involved in the transfer or exchange of cryptocurrencies.

“The bank hereby wishes to remind regulated financial institutions that dealing with cryptocurrencies or facilitating payments for cryptocurrency exchanges is prohibited,” the CBN said in a statement.

Still, about $400 million worth of cryptocurrencies have been traded in Nigeria in 2021, Statista, a global market data tracker, said. The volume of trading places it behind only the United States and Russia in the world.

Despite the government’s action, many young Nigerians found alternative ways of buying and selling cryptocurrencies as the country’s currency, the naira, continues to slide against the dollar.

“It is no secret that the current global economic environment is worrisome and unsustainable,” Okung wrote in the oped. “Sadly, the fate of the Nigerian economy is in the hands of global central bankers who do not represent the best interests of the Nigerian people. Despite the challenges we face, the resilience of Nigerians continues to inspire.”

Okung insisted that it is “urgent” for Nigeria to act and that the country has a “limited window”. He pointed to the finite supply of the digital currency as one of its main attractions.

He claimed that Iran, Russia, China and Kenya are already “mining or otherwise utilising bitcoin,” partly as a means of circumventing the United States sanctions which prevent them from full participation in the global financial system.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-will-lead-bitcoin-says-twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey/

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7352 on: June 13, 2021, 11:11:25 AM »
Nigerians will ‘lead bitcoin,’ says Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey Sunday said “the people of Nigeria will lead bitcoin” despite the Nigerian authorities clamp down on the trading of cryptocurrencies.

Dorsey’s take was a direct reaction to an oped written by NFL star Russell Okung in Bitcoin Magazine.

Okung, a Nigerian descendant and self-acclaimed Bitcoin proponent, advised Nigeria to focus on achieving “economic independence and financial sovereignty” by establishing a Bitcoin Standard.

Nigeria is one of the largest cryptocurrency markets in the world. But the country’s central bank prohibited financial institutions from trading in cryptocurrency.

Banks were also ordered to identify and close down all accounts involved in the transfer or exchange of cryptocurrencies.

“The bank hereby wishes to remind regulated financial institutions that dealing with cryptocurrencies or facilitating payments for cryptocurrency exchanges is prohibited,” the CBN said in a statement.

Still, about $400 million worth of cryptocurrencies have been traded in Nigeria in 2021, Statista, a global market data tracker, said. The volume of trading places it behind only the United States and Russia in the world.

Despite the government’s action, many young Nigerians found alternative ways of buying and selling cryptocurrencies as the country’s currency, the naira, continues to slide against the dollar.

“It is no secret that the current global economic environment is worrisome and unsustainable,” Okung wrote in the oped. “Sadly, the fate of the Nigerian economy is in the hands of global central bankers who do not represent the best interests of the Nigerian people. Despite the challenges we face, the resilience of Nigerians continues to inspire.”

Okung insisted that it is “urgent” for Nigeria to act and that the country has a “limited window”. He pointed to the finite supply of the digital currency as one of its main attractions.

He claimed that Iran, Russia, China and Kenya are already “mining or otherwise utilising bitcoin,” partly as a means of circumventing the United States sanctions which prevent them from full participation in the global financial system.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-will-lead-bitcoin-says-twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey/

Makes sense  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7353 on: June 13, 2021, 11:27:21 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7354 on: June 13, 2021, 11:56:32 AM »
Bitcoin is like that fighter who takes punch after punch and continues to move forward.

In fact, it's opponent could pull out a 38(pistol) from his waistband and shoot center mast and Bitcoin would probably crouch forward and wince a little bit but ultimately would stand back up and continue ahead.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7355 on: June 13, 2021, 12:01:00 PM »
Well you must have noticed when bitcoin hit the shitter and you came into the thread to troll all the bitcoin fanboys were as silent as church mouse.

I was the one calling you out.

Bitcoin has a mini rally and now the fanboys are back feeling like champions. Some of them clowns like poly act like borderline cultists. Gib, seems like a nice guy, but he gave himself up on here a few years. Bitcoin looked dead and he pretty much owned up to acting the part of a shill.

Yep, most of the bitcoin fanboys will get sheared like sheep.

It's the natural order. 

The mental aspect of successful investing or in this case speculating is extremely important.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7356 on: June 13, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
Yep, most of the bitcoin fanboys will get sheared like sheep.

It's the natural order. 

The mental aspect of successful investing or in this case speculating is extremely important.

Yeah I know.  It's too bad I'm not as smart and sophisticated as a real investor.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7357 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:46 PM »

But them Nigerians are gunna make us all rich? 😂

Top Resistance at 38.9k then nuke it like in the Aliens movie.

Twitter going apeshit with bullish fever.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7358 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:51 PM »
Yeah I know.  It's too bad I'm not as smart and sophisticated as a real investor.-

You don't have to be that smart.  It's more control of emotions combined with common sense, experience, and gut feelings.

I dont consider bitcoin or whatever variation you call it to be investing.  It's speculating.

In this case, perhaps currency speculation, like speculating in dollars or yen.

Bitcoin is supposed to be currency, right?

Investing is a long-term activity.  You invest in an education for example.

Speculating is looking for a quick score.  Nothing wrong with it as long as you understand the game.

Somebody mentioned DCAing into bitcoin every month like bitcoin was a stock index fund.  That's foolish.  Someone with no understanding of the game.

It's the Greater Fool Theory in action.  A game of hot potato.  The Quick or the Dead.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7359 on: June 13, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »
You don't have to be that smart.  It's more control of emotions combined with common sense, experience, and gut feelings.

I dont consider bitcoin or whatever variation you call it to be investing.  It's speculating.

In this case, perhaps currency speculation, like speculating in dollars or yen.

Bitcoin is supposed to be currency, right?

Investing is a long-term activity.  You invest in an education for example.

Speculating is looking for a quick score.  Nothing wrong with it as long as you understand the game.

Somebody mentioned DCAing into bitcoin every month like bitcoin was a stock index fund.  That's foolish.  Someone with no understanding of the game.

It's the Greater Fool Theory in action.  A game of hot potato.  The Quick or the Dead.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7360 on: June 13, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »
But them Nigerians are gunna make us all rich? 😂

Top Resistance at 38.9k then nuke it like in the Aliens movie.

Twitter going apeshit with bullish fever.

Elon tweets Tesla never sold all their BTC. Stimulus cheques incoming (shout out to stimulus poster guy who has been shouting about that for months)

I can see it going even higher before dumping hard. Dump could even happen by next Friday

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7361 on: June 13, 2021, 02:22:41 PM »

That somebody is me, and I DCA weekly  ~ 800-1k weekly using yield platforms. Really, im earning and not cashing out. My passive stream of income doesnt go into BTC.  A fool? Time will tell....

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7362 on: June 13, 2021, 02:33:52 PM »

Elon tweets Tesla never sold all their BTC. Stimulus cheques incoming (shout out to stimulus poster guy who has been shouting about that for months)

I can see it going even higher before dumping hard. Dump could even happen by next Friday

How timely, has a meeting with Saylor, Saylor announces another 500mill purchase and Elon comes out with a tweet how he will be accepting btc in the future and hasn't  sold.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7363 on: June 13, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »

The pump just now was a couple of candles where institutions pumped the very bottom and retail buyers aped in right at the top.

Strong resistance is at 38.9k which is where it’s at now. Notice Volume dropped way off, retail buyers now trapped right at the top with no volume and a heap of shorts below which weren’t liquidated and institutions now an easy 5% in margin, holding loads of coins and with open short positions.

Twitter says it’s a short squeeze. I say more likely a nuke to sub 30k.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7364 on: June 13, 2021, 03:07:19 PM »

I know what you're angling for though, so I'll save you time. I say when BTC gets banned and you respond with "that's what's so great about it. It exists outside government control, can't stop people using it etc etc".

So now you've  gone from reading  the market to perfection to reading my thoughts in the event of a black swan scenario?  I make no excuses for if/when btc dies.  I  hope everyone here makes fuck you money, regardless of their strategy.  Salty.......not even if btc dumped to 11k.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7365 on: June 13, 2021, 03:12:39 PM »
The pump just now was a couple of candles where institutions pumped the very bottom and retail buyers aped in right at the top.

Strong resistance is at 38.9k which is where it’s at now. Notice Volume dropped way off, retail buyers now trapped right at the top with no volume and a heap of shorts below which weren’t liquidated and institutions now an easy 5% in margin, holding loads of coins and with open short positions.

Twitter says it’s a short squeeze. I say more likely a nuke to sub 30k.

I've not gone looking at charts or anything directly for a while now, but yeah it does seem to have stalled around 39k.

I'm not ruling out a short squeeze, but not from here. It's more likely after the dump.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7366 on: June 13, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »
So now you've  gone from reading  the market to perfection to reading my thoughts in the event of a black swan scenario?  I make no excuses for if/when btc dies.  I  hope everyone here makes fuck you money, regardless of their strategy.  Salty.......not even if btc dumped to 11k.

I've never said you were salty. I have said you were menstruating though  ;D

It's all good man. If you didn't notice I didn't call you out when I had a pop at maxi attitudes on here. You're doing your thing and I respect that.

I've called out people who came in here to troll when BTC crashed and I called out people who came in here to hype trash like ETC, so I have no agenda other than against idiots. Maybe I just need to stop calling people out  :P

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7367 on: June 13, 2021, 03:25:09 PM »
That somebody is me, and I DCA weekly  ~ 800-1k weekly using yield platforms. Really, im earning and not cashing out. My passive stream of income doesnt go into BTC.  A fool? Time will tell....

You damn dummy!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7368 on: June 13, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7369 on: June 13, 2021, 06:28:34 PM »

After the announcement: Bitcoin price: -20%. Nigerian prince's who need your bank account details to unlock their gib level crypto fortune : +350000000000%

They'll be the first African nation to reach the moon

Etc lmao

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7370 on: June 13, 2021, 07:23:03 PM »
Bitcoin is like that fighter who takes punch after punch and continues to move forward.

In fact, it's opponent could pull out a 38(pistol) from his waistband and shoot center mast and Bitcoin would probably crouch forward and wince a little bit but ultimately would stand back up and continue ahead.

So bitcoin is a Marvel superhero?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7371 on: June 13, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »

More like Nate Diaz.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7372 on: June 13, 2021, 08:43:36 PM »
This is de ja vu. Ive purcashed at the bottom,mid and top of every bullcycle since 2013.  We all go through those thoughts, I always attained for a whole number I would hodl and the rest would traded, experiment with. I remember the feeling those red candles dropping by $10-$50 at a time. Gut wrenching, still held.

Then time passed and those candles became $100-200 increments. Years went on and $500-$1000.  By that time, life changing money was given to me only to be ripped away.

Enter 2017 where $1000-2000 candles were the norm through out the year with a subsequent drop of  ~$16000 from ATH. Never sold!

2021 $10000-20000 candles are the norm now and the impact of these dramatic rises and falls have a far lesser impact on my emotional well being. Because time in the market beats timing the market.  You think by 2025 when these candles break up and down by 50-75k that im going to flinch a muscle?

See for every bullphase and bearmarket their are new participants entering the space, those left over from the last phase hodl strong and understand the game while new guys make their bones. We all lose, some learn and adapt......others time the market, take.their gains oay 30-50% CGT only to enter back into the market at a higher  price.

2025 is an eternity from now with this horse already in line for the tech glue factory.

The outflow in crypto when real economics start to show weakness will be breathtaking.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7373 on: June 13, 2021, 09:14:09 PM »

I never was a big comic book reader but the closest comparison I could make would be like Wolverine

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7374 on: June 14, 2021, 12:05:29 AM »

Lol, will not sure that I entirely agree with that. But yes, I was bullish on BTC last cycle. When you own BTC, you are incentivized to ensure others adopt it, become aware of it, and ideally purchase some of it. And yes I did sell at around the 15K mark suring that last cycle. Not because I didn't believe in BTC's long term potential, but because the rate of the increase seemed too sharp in the short term.

This time around, I plan to HODL long term, and I believe 2025 will be another stellar year, regardless at what happens in between. Having said  that, if I saw obvious signs of a manic sort term bubble, who knows, at a certain point I would need to reconsider my HODL. So, for example, eg BTC goes in a gradual rise to 500K over the next 5 years, I would likely HODL. If it got to 400K by the end of this year on the other hand, I might be tempted to sell, even though my long term outlook remains.