Author Topic: Statins and anavar  (Read 3741 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Statins and anavar
« on: September 18, 2022, 06:44:24 AM »
A buddy of mine has high cholesterol etc… but been on statin for a year and back in normal range. Curious what the getbig experts think about him doing 50mgs of anavar a day with a statin? Would the statin negate the bad effects from the anavar? Anyone have any experience in this. He has searched all over and can’t find much about it but it seems a good question to myself.

Thanks for any help I can pass along.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Statins and anavar
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
Interesting question.

I don't have a clue, but i know people who use gear while also taking statins without any problems.

Might PM Van B, as he seems to have a good knowledge in things like this and he doesn't post on this board much.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 01:05:21 PM »
Interesting question.

I don't have a clue, but i know people who use gear while also taking statins without any problems.

Might PM Van B, as he seems to have a good knowledge in things like this and he doesn't post on this board much.

Thanks overload. My buddy is on trt and has gotten his lipids under control and is thinking with the anavar it would be a push. Anyways I will try and pm van.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 04:12:01 PM »
If I were your buddy, I'd try 10-20mg's of anavar.  If it's real, he shouldn't need 50.  He could run it longer and would be better for overall health.  At least in my non professional opinion. 

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 06:14:28 PM »
If I were your buddy, I'd try 10-20mg's of anavar.  If it's real, he shouldn't need 50.  He could run it longer and would be better for overall health.  At least in my non professional opinion.

Thanks Abe, exactly what I was thinking.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 09:36:48 AM »
So many studies out there saying high cholesterol is not a problem, and statins cause more harm than good.

Hard to know what to believe.
Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 05:07:44 PM »
So many studies out there saying high cholesterol is not a problem, and statins cause more harm than good.

Hard to know what to believe.

Yeah, it's hard to know which is true.

I've read medical studies that go both ways.

But i can say the more i know about prescription drugs in general, the more i shy away from them.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 01:33:08 PM »
Finding real anavar is almost impossible
T

MIOVIT

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 02:37:31 AM »
Anavar is almost the only steroid made for therapeutic treatment to children and women, of course, the legal version does not come in 50mg per pill...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 06:59:13 PM »
I’ve been on hrt for about five years and crestor for about three. Even before hrt I always had high cholesterol. Two years into the statins and I was still over 240 on total cholesterol. Started biking four to five days a week and I had my blood work done about four months ago and it was down to 170. I’ve been off statins for about three weeks and am going to get blood work done again next week and see if it’s still low.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2023, 05:32:10 AM »

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2023, 08:00:14 AM »
Statins are way over prescribed. While they have some value with those who have familial issues, its more rare than what is let on.
A huge money-maker.

A low dose statin for those on Anavar won't hurt anyone (most people), especially with blood-work / monitoring and ALT/AST in normal levels.
Ive been on Simvastatin for 16 years now, I happen to fall into that "familial" category.

When I was 18, my total cholesterol was 330, LDL was double of what it should have been, but my HDL was also extremely high.
I was a ripped teenager, so of course not diet related. My body manufactures a ton of it. Testosterone and hormones are "made" in your cholesterol, so at age 40, my total-test was right at 800 as a natty.
Great numbers.

10 years on statins it brought my lipids down, and also my total-test was now at 253. (Age, booze and statins probably all contributed).

I still take my 10mg of Simvastatin, and my 125mg of TRT.
My total cholesterol is 185 with good numbers all around, and my test-level is around 750...