Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 771339 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7950 on: August 17, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »
Told you guys, hope you sold. That was the dead cat bounce. Back to mid 20s. Watch

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7951 on: August 17, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
Welcome back!

"1"

Hope you're doing well.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7952 on: August 17, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »
I’m in stablecoins right now.

Till BTC can decisively break 42k, there could still be a chance for a bigger correction.

In the 2017/18 bullrun, we saw a drop of 85% from the ATH’s going into the bear market and then waiting another 2-3 years with those funds basically locked up as a result.

Right now, having stablecoins gives me flexibility. If the bull market continues, I can buy in and benefit, if it drops massively or a big dip then I can then buy cheap.

However, some are saying 28-30k were the bottom, so we’ll see.

Good call

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7953 on: August 17, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »
Told you guys, hope you sold. That was the dead cat bounce. Back to mid 20s. Watch

I'm actually siding with Richard Heart on BTC's likely fate. He predicts an 80-85% dump that will price $BTC around $7,000-$8,000.

If that happens, it will as usual create that blackhole that will pull all other altcoins with it and if it does, $ETH can then see pricing of about $600-$800. If that happens, I am going in hard on $ETH and likely will buy a full $BTC coin. Other Altcoins will get love, but $BTC & $ETH will get 80% of fund allocation.

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7954 on: August 17, 2021, 04:04:13 PM »
i dont think we will see things get that bad but we are going revisit the mid 20s in my humble opinion.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7955 on: August 18, 2021, 05:23:08 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7956 on: August 18, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
I'm actually siding with Richard Heart on BTC's likely fate. He predicts an 80-85% dump that will price $BTC around $7,000-$8,000.

If that happens, it will as usual create that blackhole that will pull all other altcoins with it and if it does, $ETH can then see pricing of about $600-$800. If that happens, I am going in hard on $ETH and likely will buy a full $BTC coin. Other Altcoins will get love, but $BTC & $ETH will get 80% of fund allocation.

"1"

If BTC falls to $7-8K it will bottom out completely and crash cease to exist.  At that point it won't stop on the way down if it heads that low.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7957 on: August 18, 2021, 07:57:36 AM »
If BTC falls to $7-8K it will bottom out completely and crash cease to exist.  At that point it won't stop on the way down if it heads that low.

Why? What makes you think it will bottom out and cease to exist? This exact scenario (and even worse) has happened many times before. What makes this any different than the prior times?

It's had worse crashes in the past and fully recovered to even greater heights. Real quick from an article online:

June 2011: -99%
In 2011, Bitcoin hit the big time when it soared from $2 to more than $32, achieving parity with an ounce of silver. Then the bottom fell out. On June 19, Mt. Gox — the largest Bitcoin exchange in the world by far — admitted that criminals had hacked hundreds of accounts and stole millions of dollars worth of Bitcoins. In a single day, the value of a Bitcoin fell to one penny.

April 2013: -83%
In April 2013, Bitcoin became a victim of its own success as investors piled on to the exciting new opportunity that was buzzing in the mainstream media. Trading was so intense that Mt. Gox couldn’t handle the volume, and when it crashed, hackers attacked the vulnerability. It forced Mt. Gox into an unprecedented total shutdown, sending prices from nearly $260 to $50.

December 2017-December 2018: -84%
2017 was a landmark year for Bitcoin, which broke all its own records and peaked near $20,000. Then, on Dec. 27, it all came crashing down as investors harvested gains from what was an obvious bubble and sent the price cratering below $12,000. The cryptocurrency would remain in the doldrums throughout 2018, as major hacks in Korea and Japan — as well as rumors that those countries were planning to ban Bitcoin — sent already skittish investors looking for the exits.

The way I see it, this is the inherent volatility that comes with investing in an asset such as Bitcoin. It's incredibly risky (I still only recommend allocating no more than 10% of your total investment portfolio into cryptos), but also brings the best rewards to those that can weather the storms.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7958 on: August 18, 2021, 08:00:24 AM »
Can it go that low?  Won't buyers gobble it up in the 20s and drive it right back up?
Y

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7959 on: August 18, 2021, 09:02:47 AM »
Can it go that low?  Won't buyers gobble it up in the 20s and drive it right back up?

Black swan event would send it under 10K

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7960 on: August 18, 2021, 11:44:05 AM »
Why? What makes you think it will bottom out and cease to exist? This exact scenario (and even worse) has happened many times before. What makes this any different than the prior times?

It's had worse crashes in the past and fully recovered to even greater heights. Real quick from an article online:

June 2011: -99%
In 2011, Bitcoin hit the big time when it soared from $2 to more than $32, achieving parity with an ounce of silver. Then the bottom fell out. On June 19, Mt. Gox — the largest Bitcoin exchange in the world by far — admitted that criminals had hacked hundreds of accounts and stole millions of dollars worth of Bitcoins. In a single day, the value of a Bitcoin fell to one penny.

April 2013: -83%
In April 2013, Bitcoin became a victim of its own success as investors piled on to the exciting new opportunity that was buzzing in the mainstream media. Trading was so intense that Mt. Gox couldn’t handle the volume, and when it crashed, hackers attacked the vulnerability. It forced Mt. Gox into an unprecedented total shutdown, sending prices from nearly $260 to $50.

December 2017-December 2018: -84%
2017 was a landmark year for Bitcoin, which broke all its own records and peaked near $20,000. Then, on Dec. 27, it all came crashing down as investors harvested gains from what was an obvious bubble and sent the price cratering below $12,000. The cryptocurrency would remain in the doldrums throughout 2018, as major hacks in Korea and Japan — as well as rumors that those countries were planning to ban Bitcoin — sent already skittish investors looking for the exits.

The way I see it, this is the inherent volatility that comes with investing in an asset such as Bitcoin. It's incredibly risky (I still only recommend allocating no more than 10% of your total investment portfolio into cryptos), but also brings the best rewards to those that can weather the storms.

"1"

Because going down as low as $8K from the mid $40s would mean a massive panic and full on dump of BTC, at that point it would just purely crash down to nothing.  There would have to be some serious shit going on to bring it down that low.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7961 on: August 18, 2021, 11:57:56 AM »
Because going down as low as $8K from the mid $40s would mean a massive panic and full on dump of BTC, at that point it would just purely crash down to nothing.  There would have to be some serious shit going on to bring it down that low.

So then how do you explain its viability following the massive drops that its had in the past? I ask because I am genuinely curious and don't know if I am missing something here.

I am starting to see that Bitcoin and the entire crypto ecosystem has seasons (Winters and whatnot) and given enough time (3-4 years in between) these patters repeat themselves. Technical analysis shows the same when you look at it from the perspective of the year-to-year.

Especially with these highly volatile assets like crypto, the possibilities for these things to occur are there. These things happens with many new asset classes (I say new given that Bitcoin has only been around for 12 years in comparison to ecosystems like the stock market).

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7962 on: August 19, 2021, 02:51:19 AM »
Listen to Bindare! Bathe in what very well may be the drool of stupidity but it is our pathway to paradise.

I posted the bull case earlier. 53% crash could be the new 75% crash because the parabolic run was halved and therefore the crash also reduces in size.

Picture this. Big players are trying to exit. We have extremely low liquidity and large players are trapped in margin positions. Liquidity is available slightly up, slightly up, slightly up OR liquidity is a LONG way down. Who marches towards their death coked to the eyeballs?

Up = Glory
Down = Decimation

I went bull because the lack of liquidity will cause a reaction of searching for liquidity upwards rather than downwards.

We will have a correction event in September. That will be the entry point. We are all going alt coins and micro caps!!!!!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7963 on: August 19, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »
Doge back at 30 cents  8) 8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7964 on: August 19, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »
Mark Cuban is a total retard.  Said BTC could never achieve it's full potential as a true central bank because about 2500 people own about 50% of the BTC.  How's that different than American wealth?  Don't .001% of the people in the US own 80% of the wealth?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7965 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »
Mark Cuban is a total retard.  Said BTC could never achieve it's full potential as a true central bank because about 2500 people own about 50% of the BTC.  How's that different than American wealth?  Don't .001% of the people in the US own 80% of the wealth?

Meltdown.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7966 on: August 20, 2021, 09:16:44 AM »

BTC wouldn't have very many advocates if the current systems worked for everybody.

If Cuban feels BTC is still too similar to the current system then he has a valid point.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7967 on: August 20, 2021, 11:46:30 AM »
Thoughts on the current rally?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7968 on: August 20, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Thoughts on the current rally?

Pumping before a dumping. Not quite ATH, but the pump could yet have legs

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7969 on: August 20, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »
49k weekend pump yo!  :D

Bears getting shown the door, big boys keeping sending it upwards.

Oh Lordy Lordy this could be a very nice week ahead!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7970 on: August 23, 2021, 04:06:33 AM »
BTC $ 50,303.59

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7971 on: August 23, 2021, 05:10:01 AM »
It seems the same people that buy BTC buy ETH and DOGE. They all seem to go up and down together.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7972 on: August 23, 2021, 07:31:55 AM »
It seems the same people that buy BTC buy ETH and DOGE. They all seem to go up and down together.

This has been puzzling people for years now and the issue has only been getting more and more confusing.

It goes back to BTC being the first crypto and the prices on the exchanges. If you wanted to buy ETH or DOGE (or most other alts) on an exchange you needed to buy bitcoin first with fiat then using BTC you'd buy ETH or Doge. If you wanted to sell ETH or DOGE, you'd sell into bitcoin then into fiat. So when BTC price went up or down the ALTs moved with it.

This is still in play today despite trading platforms like coinbase and robinhood entering the market. The prices on the trading platforms generally follow those that are on the exchanges.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7973 on: August 24, 2021, 01:48:07 AM »

It's algos not people only run on the larger volume stuff.

The algos detect liquidity range and they draw in longs and shorts before moving price up or down. That is the wedge you see on charts herding in the buyers to a point where liquidity is dried up. From there, depending on who jumped in, the algos perform a 'mystery' price move and you just hope you made the right trade.

This current price action when it 'should' pullback it turns around and ramps on a single candle. That's algos looking for liquidity up rather than down. We look at the margin longs in coin qty and they are now sitting at 38k down from 55k.

For simplicity's sake, This next 11k coin longs were opened up between 42k-49k price range which highlights how much shit leveraged big players have gotten themselves into.

Hence all the pump talk fired up trying to ignite another bull market rally and then algos sending price upwards. If we don't nuke, we could have a real banger end to the year.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7974 on: August 25, 2021, 05:59:02 PM »
Of the 55k total coins longed only 38k remain open. The largest exit this year and very controlled to ensure price can still rally.

Big players will be targeting 27k open longs which was where they opened up at 49k-53k+ price range. So they are just hitting break even with the hope to dollar cost OUT as price should go higher.

Second chart is interest and you can see the decline in this rally. This is now the longest green period for future interest in 2021 at 34 days. The longest prior to this was the savage bullrun in October to November lasting 46 days before a pullback and then 25 days of insanity up straight after.

BUT when we look at prior similar margin long behaviour, we see price eventual price dump.When it’s a rally off a recent prior price peak.

We have 2 targets to watch IMO.
*46 days green open interest (12days to go)
*27k margin longs (11k to go)

September gunna be a come to Jesus meeting.