Author Topic: How We Define Gender In Hawaii  (Read 85766 times)

gymforlord

• Getbig II
Re: How We Define Gender In Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 02:20:57 PM »
Here is the thing though:  a definition like this will prevent you from refusing to hire someone who looks whacked out, not saying this is a good or bad thing, just confusing.  We're not talking about lesbians.  Those are easy, as are homosexual men.  We cannot and do not discriminate against them here.  But gender-related appearance is a whole different, confusing ballgame.

Thanks for the input. 
I think it would depend entirely on the type of job they were applying for.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »
I think it would depend entirely on the type of job they were applying for.

If it's a job that involves public appearance and reputation that relates to business then i believe it's only right to regulate how the people who represent your company look.  If they look wired or offensive to your clients then they can't by that very fact have the job.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 03:24:23 PM »
If it's a job that involves public appearance and reputation that relates to business then i believe it's only right to regulate how the people who represent your company look.  If they look wired or offensive to your clients then they can't by that very fact have the job.
And I TOTALLY agree, Oz-also, sometimes you may be putting a person in danger if you are putting them where they could just be some sort've "easy target". That's not discrimination, it's common sense...
If you can do the job, more power to anyone. I actually did have a bus driver who was a transgender person & she was actually the best driver & very well respected by her peers & customers.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:22 PM »
I actually did have a bus driver who was a transgender person & she was actually the best driver & very well respected by her peers & customers.

Bus drivers tend to be underrated.  They have a lot of lives in their hands each day, yet will never make the kind of money that airline pilots make. 

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
Bus drivers tend to be underrated.  They have a lot of lives in their hands each day, yet will never make the kind of money that airline pilots make. 
True dat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Agender?  Demi-boy?  Gender fluid?  What the heck man. 

Students opposed to LGBT agenda shamed in classroom
By Todd Starnes
Published February 09, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook2166 Twitter334 livefyre5219 Email Print

Students at Acalanes High School were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Teenagers at a California high school were publicly shamed for disagreeing with speakers allowed to push an LGBT agenda during an English class, according to several upset parents.

The Queer Straight Alliance at Acalanes High School, in Lafayette, lectured students in several ninth-grade English classes on Jan. 29 about LGBT issues, according to Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, which is representing the parents.

During the class, the students, ages 14 and 15, were instructed to stand in a circle. Then, they were grilled about their personal beliefs and their parents’ beliefs on homosexuality, PJI alleges.

“The QSA had students step forward to demonstrate whether they believed that being gay was a choice and whether their parents would be accepting if they came out as gay,” PJI attorney Matthew McReynolds said. “Students who did not step forward were ridiculed and humiliated.”

PJI is a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases. They are representing several families who had children in the freshman classes -- some of whom also are angry because there was no parental notification of the LGBT lecture.

“Singling out students for ridicule based on their moral or political beliefs is a Marxist tactic that should have no place in the United States of America,” Dacus said.

During the lecture, the Queer Student Alliance provided students with the names of the gay and lesbian teachers at the high school. They also had students line up to demonstrate where they fell on the “gender spectrum.”

“It was an exercise in gender fluidity,” the parent of one child told me. “They told the students that one day they could come to school feeling like a boy and the next day they could come to school feeling like a girl.”

Students were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Demi-boy/girl is defined as someone who only partially identifies as a man or woman. Gray gender defines someone who feels as though they sort of fit inside the gender binary, but that their gender is more hazy and undefined.

“Acalanes High School and the district have defied common sense, ignored the law and broken parents’ trust,” McReynolds said in a prepared statement. “These administrators are acting like schoolyard bullies. If they think intimidation is going to work on us or these parents, they are greatly mistaken.”

“It was a public outing,” one parent told me. “My child is being raised in a family with conservative values. We are a Christian family. What bothers me the most is the school is being dishonest and secretive about what’s happening. My son’s value system and our belief system is not being respected on a many levels.”

And from a very practical point – she wants to know why the Queer Student Alliance was allowed to take over an English class.

“There’s no other club at the high school that gets face time in front of freshman English classes for an entire period,” the parent said.

So why is Acalanes High School outing students who may not agree with every facet of the LGBT agenda?

Superintendent John Nickerson tells me it’s all about tolerance.

“The classroom instruction in question was part of a tolerance workshop led by peer educators under the supervision of teachers,” Nickerson wrote to me in an email.

That’s all well and good – but were the teenagers academically qualified to teach a class on issues like “gender fluidity”? Why weren’t the teachers teaching the class? And what about the allegations that students were bullied by the Queer Student Alliance?

“We are aware of the concerns and allegations raised by two parents and the Pacific Justice Institute,” he wrote. “We are investigating the situation, learning activities and classroom environment.”

This happens to be the same high school that invited a “pleasure activist” from Planned Parenthood to teach sex education to the freshman class. Students were encouraged to ask each other questions like “Is it okay if I take my pants off?”

The parent I spoke to bristled at the notion the LGBT class was about tolerance.

“They are tolerant of everyone except people who have Christian values,” she told me.

PJI sent a letter to the school district demanding an explanation of what happened. They believe the classroom lecture violated the privacy rights of the students.

“It should be self-evident that, as a fundamental privacy right, students cannot be ‘outed’ during class time by being made to declare their beliefs and feelings about sensitive sexual matters, any more than a student could be required to announce their sexual orientation,” PJI wrote in their letter to the school district.

Has it really come to this, America – forcing students to declare their allegiance to the LGBT agenda? Maybe they should just stick to teaching English in English class.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/09/students-opposed-to-lgbt-agenda-shamed-in-classroom/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »
Planet Fitness drops member after gender identity complaint
Posted: Mar 06, 2015
By Gino VicciCONNECT

MIDLAND, MI (WNEM) - It's a business that sells itself on being non-judgmental but Planet Fitness has allegedly revoked the membership of a woman for complaining.

Yvette Cormier, a member at the Midland location, says she had no idea what that meant until a few days ago.

"I was stunned and shocked. He looked like a man.. He did not look like a woman," Cormier said. Cormier is talking about a transgender woman who walked into the woman's locker room while she was getting undressed. She says she couldn't believe her eyes.

"This is very unprofessional. This is very scary," Cormier said.

Not knowing why the person was in the women's locker room, Cormier said she immediately complained to the front desk and eventually to corporate offices.

"They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that's the sex he wants to be," Cormier said.

Cormier said she understands that some men self-identify as women and some women self-identify as men, but said the person looked like a man and that caught her off guard.

Cormier lost her membership for violating the company's no judgement zone policy.

Moving forward, Cormier said she isn't concerned with getting her membership back. Her concern now is to warn other women at this gym to make them aware of this policy, because she says Planet Fitness failed to warn her.

The company told TV5 that Cormier's concerns about the policy regarding gender identity was inappropriate and disruptive by complaining to other members at the gym.

Representatives with Planet Fitness issued this statement:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was ccanceled"

Cormier said she had no idea that person was actually a transgender woman. She also said she had no idea Planet Fitness had a policy allowing transgender women to share locker rooms with women.

TV5 sat down with a well known member of the transgender community to get her take on how to avoid this issue moving forward.

Char Davenport is a professor at Saginaw Valley State University as well as Delta College. She's a prominent member of the transgender community. Davenport is also a transgender woman.

Davenport said she is not surprised by Cormier's reaction. At the same time she said she applauds Planet Fitness for understanding the needs of the transgender community.

According to Davenport, Planet Fitness and any other facility looking to support the transgender community, she insists they must have the proper facility so that supporting LGBT rights doesn't impose on those who may not have a full understanding of her community.

"Private showers and changing areas really would go a long way in resolving these issues," Davenport said.

Cormier said the issue is that Planet Fitness failed to warn her about the possibility they could be sharing a locker room with a member of the transgender community. Davenport feels pointing something like this out to customers could be construed as negative and again she said the proper facilities and changing areas make this issue a moot point.

In the end Davenport said she has no ill feeling towards Cormier, instead she said her concern is valid and most importantly, Davenport said it provides the opportunity for the public to learn more about the transgender community. Which hopefully will avoid a similar situation moving forward.

http://www.wnem.com/story/28278233/planet-fitness-drops-member-after-gender-identity-complaint#ixzz3U0kbKWOT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
School district says feds forced policy that allows transgender kids to use bathrooms of their choice
By Todd Starnes 
Published May 07, 2015

UPDATE: The Fairfax County Public Schools School Board voted Thursday night to add "gender identity" to its nondiscrimination policy in spite of massive opposition from parents and the area’s religious community.

Police were summoned to control a standing-room-only crowd as board members approved the controversial measure.

Critics argued it would allow boys who identify as girls to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of their choice — and vice versa. Parents also had concerns about the possibility of transgender teachers.

School Board Chair Tamara Derenak Kaufax issued a statement calling the measure a way to “provide an environment which promotes equality where every student and employee is treated with dignity and respect.”

“The School Board has taken this proactive step to protect our students and staff from discrimination,” she wrote.

The district said they were mandated by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights to add “gender identity” to the policy — or else risk losing federal funding.

Earlier story:

A plan to add “gender identity” to a Virginia school’s nondiscrimination policy has enraged parents and preachers, but leaders of the nation’s tenth largest school district say unless they make the change, the U.S. Department of Education could withdraw federal funding.

Critics warn the Fairfax County Public School policy would allow boys who identify as girls to use the locker rooms and bathrooms of their choice – as well as participate on athletic teams of their choosing.

Martin Baker, the pastor of Burke Community Church, warned that “the damage and destruction to our children, teens and impacted adults will be incalculable.”

“Everything from locker rooms to bathrooms will be potentially open for people who simply feel that their inner sexuality does not match their outer, physical sexuality,” he wrote in an email to the 3,000-member congregation.

“This is not just shocking, it is morally and spiritually abhorrent, and that is why I am convinced this is one cultural issue where we, as a church, must speak up and out with clarity, compassion and conviction,” he added.

But the deputy superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools said they have no choice but to provide specific protections for transgender students. A vote on the issue is expected Thursday night.

“The Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education is requiring that school divisions revise their non-discrimination policies to include gender identity,” Deputy Superintendent Steven Lockard wrote in a memorandum to school board members.

He also said the federal government was requiring the district to hire a consultant to advise them on how school divisions should handle individual cases of transgender students.

“If FCPS refuses to amend its policy, OCR has the right to recommend the termination of federal funding to FCPS,” Lockard wrote.

That bombshell has infuriated parents and politicians – like school board member Elizabeth Schultz.

“While the underlying issue is somewhat sensational, it is the gravitas in overreach of the federal government and the implications thereof that is so very chilling,” she told me. “It could have implications for every public school district in the nation. If they’re going to come for us, they’re going to come to them next.”

Andrea Lafferty, the president of the Washington, D.C.-based Traditional Values Coalition, lives in Fairfax County. She’s launched a campaign to fight the proposed change.

“This is a beating into submission of the American people and the taxpayers by the Obama Administration and those willfully going along with it,” said Lafferty. “They are going to say if you don’t comply, we’re going to take away your lunch money – your federal funding.”

In Fairfax County, that amounts to a lot of lunch money. The Washington Post reports the district receives $42 million from the federal government – about 1.7 percent of its budget.

“We are imperiling our federal education monies if we don’t comply with the law,” said Schultz, who opposes the policy change. “If they can do this, what can’t they do? It’s limitless.”

A Department of Education spokesperson told me on background that it’s conceivable, but unlikely, a district could lose its funding. They said the termination of funding would be a last resort. Nevertheless, the DOE tells me that school districts that receive federal funding must comply with the laws and regulations that the Office of Civil Rights enforces.

In 2014 the Title IX civil rights law was updated to address sex discrimination “based on gender identity or failure to conform to stereotypical notions of masculinity or femininity” and protect students “who do not conform to sex stereotypes.”

And while bathrooms and locker rooms prove to be a concern – some parents also fear they will not be able to remove their children from classes led by transgender teachers.

“Children in lower grades are still developing who they are – it’s very confusing,” Lafferty said. “Parents should have a right to decide when and where and how to talk about it.”

Parents are also taking issue with the district’s stealth handling of the policy change.

“They tried to sneak it through,” Lafferty told me. “They are trying to go around parents. It’s a political agenda.”

Schultz, too, was alarmed by the lack of parental notification.“There was no public hearing,” she said. “There were zero opportunities for moms and dads.”

There are several key areas of concern among opponents of the policy – specifically whether children will be allowed to use the restrooms and locker rooms of their choice.

But Lockard said those fears are unfounded, noting there is a “vetting process” that students must go through if they claim they are transgender.“That prevents the scenario of a biological male student walking into school on a Monday, claiming he’s transgender and identifies as a female, and being allowed to use the girl’s bathroom immediately,” he wrote in the memorandum.

But Schultz said there are no regulations in place to govern the implementation of the policy.“We’re talking about passing a policy before any of the regulations are written,” she told me.

For example – how would the district handle a “gender-fluid” student – a young person who identifies as both male and female?

The Washington Post interviewed a teenager who identifies with both genders.

“The policy change could mean the freedom to feel comfortable walking around school in makeup, carrying a vintage Louis Vuitton purse and wearing a crop-top, his navel exposed,” the newspaper reported.

What happens once the policy is approved is unclear – but there are some supporters – like high school chorus teacher Evan Ayars.

“The bottom line is inclusion, regardless of your identity,” he told the Post. “I could have been fired just because I’m gay until 2014. That’s utterly ridiculous to me.”

Lafferty said parents around the nation should pay close attention to what happens in Fairfax County.

“This should be a concern to everybody,” she said. “The Obama administration thinks they can do whatever they darn well please. The Constitution doesn’t matter. The rights of parents don’t matter. God Almighty doesn’t matter to this administration.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/05/07/parents-pastors-try-to-block-school-s-transgender-policy.html?intcmp=latestnews&intcmp=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
Tennessee courts reverse ban on 'Mother' and 'Father'
By Todd Starnes 
Published August 19, 2015

On Tuesday afternoon I told you that court officials in Tennessee had replaced the words “Mother” and “Father” on court documents with the gender-neutral terms “Parent 1” and “Parent 2”.

A few hours after my column was published the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) announced they were reversing the policy.

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch – a must-read for Conservatives!

A court spokesperson told me they had made the change to more gender-neutral language in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision to redefine marriage.

That decision infuriated thousands of readers -- including one mother who said she did not endure ten hours of labor to be called “Parent 1.”

After fielding lots of angry phone calls it didn’t take long for the court to realize they had stepped into a great big pile of Number 2.

Here’s the statement I received from the AOC:

“After receiving feedback regarding a recent change made to the permanent parenting plan form, the AOC has reviewed the procedures and determined that, before making any changes to the form, the AOC should consult with the Domestic Committee of the Tennessee Judicial Conference. We have reverted to the previous form and the Committee has been notified.”

In laymen’s terms --  Mommy and Daddy are once again permissible.

That’s good news for folks like State Rep. Dan Howell, of Cleveland, Tenn.  He was livid when he learned the state had dropped ‘Mother’ and ‘Father.’

“I was dumbfounded,” he told me. “I thought: ‘how could this happen in a state that has voted by more than 80 percent to define marriage as between one man and one woman’?”

Howell was in the process of rounding up a posse of fellow legislators to stop the court -- when the decision was reversed.

I was originally alerted to the gender-neutral parenting documents by Kendra Armstrong, a family law attorney in Memphis and one of my longtime readers.

“It’s absolutely ludicrous to make the term ‘Mother’ and ‘Father’ obsolete,” Armstrong told me. “Quite frankly, the terms ‘Parent 1’ and ‘Parent 2’ seem more offensive than ‘Mother’ and ‘Father.’ It’s implying that one parent is the first parent and the other parent is secondary.”

Armstrong said she was incredulous when her paralegal discovered the document changes -- shocked that something like this would happen in, of all places, the Bible Belt.

“This is political correctness gone absolutely amuck,” she told me. “It’s just ridiculous.”

What happened yesterday is proof positive that when patriots stand together and fight back against the cultural jihadists -- we can facilitate change.

Well done, folks.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/19/tennessee-courts-reverse-ban-on-mother-and-father.html?intcmp=hplnws

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 02:35:04 PM »
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE DENIES PRESSURING STUDENTS TO DROP SEX-SPECIFIC PRONOUNS ‘HE,’ ‘SHE’

by BREITBART NEWS28 Aug 2015

The University of Tennessee Knoxville posted a language guide Wednesday titled “Inclusive Practice: Pronoun Usage,” encouraging students to use non-“gender binary” words to describe their peers.

Donna Braquet (pictured), director of the university’s “Pride Center,” wrote:

With the new semester beginning and an influx of new students on campus, it is important to participate in making our campus welcoming and inclusive for all. One way to do that is to use a student’s chosen name and their correct pronouns.

In the first weeks of classes, instead of calling roll, ask everyone to provide their name and pronouns. This ensures you are not singling out transgender or non-binary students. The name a student uses may not be the one on the official roster, and the roster name may not be the same gender as the one the student now uses.

diversity.utk.edu
diversity.utk.edu

We are familiar with the singular pronouns she, her, hers and he, him, his, but those are not the only singular pronouns. In fact, there are dozens of gender-neutral pronouns.

A few of the most common singular gender-neutral pronouns are they, them, their (used as singular), ze, hir, hirs, and xe, xem, xyr.

These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new. The she and he pronouns would sound strange too if we had been taught ze when growing up.

Read the rest of the article here.

Once the suggested language spread to the wider public, the intense backlash forced the university to put out a statement insisting it wasn’t trying to phase out the traditional “he,” “she,” “him,” and “her.”

From the Daily Mail:

A statement from a university spokesman said: ‘We would like to offer clarification of the statements that have been made referring to gender-neutral language.

‘There is no mandate or official policy to use the language. The information provided in our Office of Diversity and Inclusion newsletter was offered as a resource to our campus community on inclusive practices.

‘We recognize that most people prefer to use the pronouns he and she; we do not dictate speech.

‘We do strive to be a diverse and inclusive campus and to ensure that everyone feels welcome, accepted, and respected.’

Read the rest of the story here.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/28/university-of-tennessee-denies-pressuring-students-to-drop-sex-specific-pronouns-he-she/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
OBAMA ORDERS CHICAGO SCHOOL TO LET ‘TRANSGENDER’ BOY INTO GIRLS’ LOCKER ROOM
by WARNER TODD HUSTON
3 Nov 2015

President Barack Obama’s Department of Education has ordered a suburban Chicago school to allow a boy who claims to be a girl into the girls’ locker room, whether or not the girls or their parents like it.

The federal decision about who gets to use each toilet and shower in a distant Chicago school came after a male student sued a high school in Palatine, a northwestern suburb of Chicago. The suit claims that the student’s “civil rights” were violated by a school rule which provided the two sexes their own restrooms and locker rooms.

The school offered this singular student a special area for changing clothes and using the restroom. But the boy and his lawyer instead demanded that school officials submit to his claim that he is female and so can use the girls’ facilities.

Nationwide, only about roughly 1 in 3,000 Americans have changed their names from one sex to the other sex.

On Monday, the Obama administration showed it wants to decide the issues for all schools in the nation, from Maine to New Mexico, from Deadhorse in Alaska to Pensacola in Florida.

“All students deserve the opportunity to participate equally in school programs and activities–this is a basic civil right,” Education Department Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon insisted in a statement. “Unfortunately, Township High School District 211 is not following the law because the district continues to deny a female student the right to use the girls’ locker room.”

Obama’s agency has given the school thirty days to knuckle under to the federal mandate or risk losing the federal funding it gets from Washington.

Under pressure from activists who oppose the idea of two discrete sexes, school officials across the country have been individually creating their own policies on how to handle young people who claim to be “transgender.”

Instead of two sexes, the activists — including many gay and feminist activists — favor a government-imposed idea of “gender fluidity.” This demand would use government power to forcefully suppress the long-standing, popular, public recognition of evolved biological, social and cultural distinctions between boys and girls, and between men and women.

Conservatives says sexual differences are deeply rooted in biology and reasonable preferences, and say the gender-fluid demand would deliberately damage long-standing practices in child-rearing, education, sports, and in adult relations, and self-government by local communities.

By demanding that the Chicago area school allow the male student to use the girls facilities, Obama’s progressive officials at the Department of Education are using their financial and courtroom power to impose the policy they favor, despite the rarity of “transgender ” claims.

Just this year schools in Ohio, Missouri, and other states have recently been struck with the controversial issue.

While deciding in favor of a transgender boy and allowing him to use the girls’ facilities despite complaints by parents, a school in Ohio cited fear of constant lawsuits for its decision to allow the student to use the girls’ locker room.

But some schools are looking to go another way. Last year, for instance, a women’s college refused to allow a man posing as a woman to run for student council.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/03/obama-orders-chicago-school-let-transgender-boy-girls-locker-room/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
There's the story of an "agender" kid who was attacked by a nut (putting the kid into the spotlight), while on a bus, and though I'm not going to post the whole story because it's written in the typically ridiculous slant (the real story is that the kid should have been trained to self-protect), it's something on how the teen had previously chosen to decide what the future will hold.

After reading a web comic called “Poly in Pictures,” which explores polyamory, gender, sexuality and orientation, Sasha, then a 16-year-old boy named Luke, began an epistemological investigation of gender identity, asking friends and family how they knew what their gender was.

“At first I just assumed that I was this heterosexual man, because I didn’t have any reason to assume otherwise,” Sasha said one afternoon last year, sitting on the Fleischmans’ red sofa by a window festooned with a chain of paper cranes. “But I started thinking, Well, am I a guy?” Most people told Sasha that they just knew what gender they were, but Sasha didn’t feel that way.

“And so I started identifying as genderqueer,” Sasha said. “For me, at least, genderqueer includes an aspect of questioning. And that was a big part of it for me. The fact that I was questioning my gender meant that I was genderqueer.”

The parents now refer to the person as "they" and "it" at the request of the child, and by all appearances the kid is a mental wreck.  The father is terrible (I saw an interview with him, and he revealed himself very thoroughly).  

This sort of madness is what happens when kids are allowed to stay in a self-absorbed condition, 24/7.  The father has failed and he should be ashamed of himself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 01:23:32 PM »
There's the story of a kid who was attacked by a freak (putting the kid into the spotlight), while on a bus, and though I'm not going to post the whole story because it's written in the typically ridiculous slant (the real story is that the kid should have been trained to self-protect), it's something on how the teen had previously chosen to decide what the future will hold.

The parents now refer to the person as "they" at the request of the child, and by all appearances the kid is a mental wreck.  The father is terrible (I saw an interview with him, and he revealed himself very thoroughly).  

This sort of madness is what happens when kids are allowed to stay in a self-absorbed condition, 24/7.  The father has failed and he should be ashamed of himself.

Poor kid.  This kind of thing creates unnecessary confusion for young people. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
Poor kid.  This kind of thing creates unnecessary confusion for young people. 

Looking at the kid's words, the whole thing is clearly based on a whim that's been allowed to turn into madness. 

As a matter of fact, that entire culture is based on rejecting reality and wasting all potential within their children.  It is sick.  Here's another paragraph, if you dare to read it.

Since preschool, Sasha had attended small, alternative schools, where challenging gender norms was unremarkable. In a Montessori middle-school grade with only 25 students, two identified as transgender, including Sasha’s best friend. Maybeck High School, with just more than 100 students, had two who were transgender and two, including Sasha, who identified as agender. Outside school, Sasha dove into virtual and real-world communities devoted to constructing alternate realities, filled with people who created new languages (known as conlangers) or who obsessed over the intricately plotted web comic “Homestuck” or who participated in Live Action Role Playing, a theatrical descendant of Dungeons and Dragons, in which costumed players acted out game scenarios in places like Tilden Park on the outskirts of Berkeley. In this world, quirkiness was not just accepted but encouraged.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »
This is terrible.  From Friday to Monday the kid goes from being a girl to a boy.  Total confusion.   

Daycare Workers Fired for Raising Concerns About Transgender Child
Nov 09, 2015 // 10:02pm
As seen on The Kelly File

Two staff members at a Christian daycare say they were fired for voicing concern after being told to call a six-year-old girl by a new name and refer to her as a boy.

One of those workers, Madeline Kirksey, was a manager at Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center in Katy, Texas.

According to Kirksey, she and her staff were told a six-year-old female student was now identifying as a boy. The child's parents cut the girl's hair short, and employees were instructed to begin calling the child a boy's name.

Kirksey, however, did not feel comfortable with it. She told the center that other parents should know about it, adding that she was concerned about speaking on transgender matters to other children at the center. After that, Kirksey received a termination letter from the center.

In a cable news exclusive, Kirksey told Megyn Kelly that there was no consideration given by the daycare administrators about how this might affect the other children.

Kirksey revealed that she will be filing a lawsuit against the daycare.

Kirkey's attorney, Adam Taylor, said that this was a total outrage, and that's why they're filing a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

"What my client was trying to do was attempting to protect the dignity of all those children," Taylor said. "She was sacrificed at the altar for political correctness."

"We've got to accommodate everybody."

Watch more from "The Kelly File" above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/09/texas-daycare-worker-fired-raising-concerns-about-transgender-child

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »
Defining gender is discriminating.

What about hermafrodites? They have rights too you know?

:D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Boys have a penis.  Girls have a vagina.  Hope this helps them out.

And that should be it. Nothing more nothing less.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Charlotte City Council approves transgender bathroom ordinance over governor's protest
Published February 23, 2016
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. –  North Carolina's largest city passed a law Monday allowing transgender people to choose public bathrooms that correspond to their gender identity, which the governor had called a threat to public safety and warned that the General Assembly may step in.

The Charlotte City Council voted 7-4 to expand protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity, making it the latest frontier in a national debate on how businesses treat gay, lesbian and transgender customers. One of the revisions to the city's nondiscrimination ordinance allows people to choose restrooms corresponding to the gender with which they identify.

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory — a former mayor of Charlotte, one of the 20 largest cities in the U.S. according to census figures — said in an email Sunday that changing the policy on restrooms could "create major public safety issues."

"Also, this action of allowing a person with male anatomy, for example, to use a female restroom or locker room will most likely cause immediate State legislative intervention which I would support as governor," he wrote in the email to two Council members.

The issue has been part of a national debate that included the high-profile defeat of a similar ordinance late last year by voters in Houston, and LGBT advocates worried bathroom-access fears would be used elsewhere to fight equal-rights measures. South Dakota legislators recently passed a bill requiring students to use bathrooms corresponding to their sex at birth, though it hasn't been signed by the governor.

In North Carolina, the advocacy group Equality NC issued a statement criticizing McCrory for "perpetuating the same tired and debunked myths about transgender people and public safety." Executive director Chris Sgro accused the governor and legislators of trying "to bully the Charlotte City Council with threats to strip municipalities of their rights to govern."

During the meeting, about 140 members of the public got one minute each to give the council their opinions on the measure. Because the council chambers were filled to capacity, some speakers had to stay in an adjacent room and await their time.

Materials given to the council ahead of the meeting cited some residents' concerns that sexual predators would use the ordinance to gain entry to women's restrooms for assault or indecent exposure, but it also noted that staff researchers hadn't uncovered any evidence of an increase in such crimes in cities with non-discrimination ordinances.

Before the meeting, several hundred people stood outside in a wind-driven rain to protest the proposal, holding signs with messages such as: "No Men In Women's Restrooms" and "Keep Kids Safe."

Chris Williams, a 30-year-old father of three, passed out "No" stickers to the crowd, saying most Charlotte residents "stand with religious values."

"I don't want my kids having to even question, 'Why is there this person in the restroom?'" he said. "I don't think they should even be faced with that question and that concern."

The measure adds sexual orientation, gender identity and marital status as attributes protected from discrimination when it comes to public accommodations including restaurants, retail stores and other businesses. It would take effect in April. Public school would not be affected by the law.

A similar measure was narrowly defeated by the Charlotte City Council in March 2015, even after the removal of a provision that would have allowed bathroom use based on gender identity. Local officials later announced that transgender people could use the bathrooms corresponding to their gender identity in city- and county-owned facilities.

Members of Charlotte's LGBT community said in a survey the changes are needed because they have been denied service, received poor service or experienced disparaging comments, according to supplemental materials attached to Monday's Council agenda.

Opponents of the measure — including some clergy and business owners — have sent the City Council a letter saying businesses should have the right to refuse service based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/23/charlotte-city-council-approves-transgender-bathroom-ordinance-over-governors-protest.html?intcmp=hplnws

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
And that should be it. Nothing more nothing less.

are some people ever born with both, neither, or other medical anomalies, coach?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
These things cause me to suspect that "the left" has been infiltrated and guided into such indefensible shit.  Seeing as how the modern "left" produces Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, etc. as their Supreme Leaders, I cannot help but feel it is the neo-cons who are behind it.  100% serious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »
South Dakota governor vetoes transgender bathroom bill
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Tue March 1, 2016

Story highlights
Similar legislation is being considered in other states to designate which restrooms transgender students use
Gov. Dennis Daugaard has until Tuesday to sign or veto the legislation; it becomes law if he does nothing
The bill's author says it protects students' privacy; others say it could harm transgender students

South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has vetoed HB 1008, which would have restricted access to public school restrooms or locker rooms to students of the same biological sex. The bill had been decried by transgender rights advocates.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/us/south-dakota-transgender-bathroom-bill/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
Mom Unleashes Fury After Spanish Teacher Sends Children Home With This ‘Privilege’ Assignment
Apr. 6, 2016    Mike Opelka   

The mother of a Tampa, Florida, seventh-grader is speaking out after finding an assignment given to her 12-year-old daughter and other students in Spanish class at Monroe Junior High.

The form asked, “How much privilege do you have? Circle the boxes that apply to you.”

The categories on the form listed “Race,” “Skin Color,” “Religion,” “Sex,” “Gender,” “Sexual Orientation” and “Disability.”

The options under gender included, “cisgendered,” “transgendered” or “genderqueer.”

Gina Stiles, the mother of one student in the class, was disturbed by the assignment and posted it on her Facebook page, asking, “If your child came home and told you that their teacher gave them this to fill out, what would you do?”

She told WTSP-TV that her daughter is only 12 years old and doesn’t even know many of the terms listed on the sheet.

After Stiles voiced her objection to the assignment on social media, she and a group of other parents met with Monroe Junior High Principal Pete Magara.

Following the meeting, the school district removed the teacher from the classroom and has opened an investigation into the matter.

Tanya Arja, the spokesperson for the Hillsborough County School District, told TheBlaze that the “lesson was a teacher-generated assignment without district approval.”

“We expect our teachers to provide a safe environment and this assignment could compromise that environment,” Arja told TheBlaze.

The unnamed teacher behind the assignment told local media the exercise was meant to teach students about “diversity” and “inequality.”

When Stiles heard the teacher’s explanation she told WTSP-TV, “To me that has nothing to do with Spanish. You’re here to teach my child a foreign language, not anything else.”

Watch the local news coverage:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/06/mom-unleashes-fury-after-spanish-teacher-sends-children-home-with-this-privilege-assignment/

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2016, 03:52:51 PM »
Mom Unleashes Fury After Spanish Teacher Sends Children Home With This ‘Privilege’ Assignment
Apr. 6, 2016    Mike Opelka   

The mother of a Tampa, Florida, seventh-grader is speaking out after finding an assignment given to her 12-year-old daughter and other students in Spanish class at Monroe Junior High.

The form asked, “How much privilege do you have? Circle the boxes that apply to you.”

The categories on the form listed “Race,” “Skin Color,” “Religion,” “Sex,” “Gender,” “Sexual Orientation” and “Disability.”

The options under gender included, “cisgendered,” “transgendered” or “genderqueer.”

Gina Stiles, the mother of one student in the class, was disturbed by the assignment and posted it on her Facebook page, asking, “If your child came home and told you that their teacher gave them this to fill out, what would you do?”

She told WTSP-TV that her daughter is only 12 years old and doesn’t even know many of the terms listed on the sheet.

After Stiles voiced her objection to the assignment on social media, she and a group of other parents met with Monroe Junior High Principal Pete Magara.

Following the meeting, the school district removed the teacher from the classroom and has opened an investigation into the matter.

Tanya Arja, the spokesperson for the Hillsborough County School District, told TheBlaze that the “lesson was a teacher-generated assignment without district approval.”

“We expect our teachers to provide a safe environment and this assignment could compromise that environment,” Arja told TheBlaze.

The unnamed teacher behind the assignment told local media the exercise was meant to teach students about “diversity” and “inequality.”

When Stiles heard the teacher’s explanation she told WTSP-TV, “To me that has nothing to do with Spanish. You’re here to teach my child a foreign language, not anything else.”

Watch the local news coverage:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/06/mom-unleashes-fury-after-spanish-teacher-sends-children-home-with-this-privilege-assignment/

This is how they get to your kids and indoctrinate them. This doesn't help anything, it actually makes it worse. Glad to see they are spending time on this crap rather than match, science, comprehension etc.

This teacher and her kind should be loudly sent to hang in the town square.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2016, 06:32:53 PM »
This is how they get to your kids and indoctrinate them. This doesn't help anything, it actually makes it worse. Glad to see they are spending time on this crap rather than match, science, comprehension etc.

This teacher and her kind should be loudly sent to hang in the town square.

Definitely trying to indoctrinate these kids.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2016, 06:47:29 PM »
Definitely trying to indoctrinate these kids.   

And to what end?

I'd be interested to know the racial/ethnic makeup of the class.