Author Topic: The SUCKMYMUSCLE Nutrition Thread-also physiology,kinesiology,biomechanics,etc  (Read 23041 times)

suckmymuscle

I've tried dextrose pwo for a few months now and haven't noticed much difference.  Tends to give me a headache too sometimes.

Like I said, the data does not support or shows only very mild anabolic effects from having simple sugars after training. My opinion is that it does provide some mild recuperative benefits, but that those wgho do few sets per training will experience more increase in bodyfat level rather than muscle mass from it. I don't think it's worth it.

I've been thinking about going to boiled potatos (mid GI) pwo with some milk and eggs.  Workouts are 40-50 minutes, no marathon sessions.  Would this get the SMM stamp of approval?

If your goal is to lose bodyfat - like you asked me -, then you should only eat oatmeal and cream of rye as carb sources. If you want to gain mass without gaining bodyfat, then simply increase your caloric intake by 300 calories a day over 6 meal. You need to keep your insulin as low as possible, so no potato of any kind, ever. Carbohydrates with a high glycemic index are wothless both for mass gain as well as fat loss. They are worhless for mass gain because they increase insulin which results in the carbs being converted more to bodyfat. Your muscle glycogen storage capacity is very limited, so carbs that get to your bloodstream too quickly will be converted to bodyfat because your body won't burn the carbs for fuel and your glycogen stores will be overloaded when that happens. As for milks and eggs, eat as many egg whites as you want, but eat only a few yokes a week. Egg yokes are very rich in essential amino acids and EFAs, and they have lecithin, which acts as an emulsifier and stops too much cholesterol from getting into your bloodstream, but they are still very calorically dense. As for milk: avoid it. Even if you are a Caucasian of Northern European descent - people who are extremely resilient to lactose -, lactose is still a simple sugar that causes insulin relase and increases blood levels of tryglycerides, which is bad for you. If you love milk and have no lactose intolerance, then drinking  a few centiliters of the skim milk a week won't hurt you.

Also, do you think pwo meals should be complex carb heavy for recovery, light on protein (15g or so) and minimal in fat?  Or would you just eat a standard meal with your normal macros?

Eating lots of carbs in one meal will simply result in bodyfat increase. There is no logic in eating more carbs in one meal than another, because the body will convert excess carbohydrates to fat. You should replenish your glycogen stores while keeping insulin as low as posssible. Like I said, to increase muscle mass without increasing bodyfat, take in 300 more calories all as protein, and keep insulin low. Hope this helps. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
great thread , keep going guys

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________________

TRUEPROTEIN.COM 5% DISCOUNT CODE > MOU110

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful

Eating lots of carbs in one meal will simply result in bodyfat increase. There is no logic in eating more carbs in one meal than another, because the body will convert excess carbohydrates to fat. You should replenish your glycogen stores while keeping insulin as low as posssible. Like I said, to increase muscle mass without increasing bodyfat, take in 300 more calories all as protein, and keep insulin low. Hope this helps. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SMM thanks for posting I thing your post are informative and I learn from them. I'm confused as maybe I did not understand your earlier statement correctly, why would you add the additional calories specifically to protein in the offseason? we have determined that to be a waste no? If I am allowed 600 calories from carbs for the day, and decide to split them up for my first meal of the day and pwo, are you saying that i am incresing the chances of fat gain by  eating a larger portion of carbs for two meals than 100 calories over six meals? Thank you for the answers kind sir.

oh and by the way. Where in the world can I find cream of rye? and what does it taste like?

suckmymuscle

SMM thanks for posting I thing your post are informative and I learn from them. I'm confused as maybe I did not understand your earlier statement correctly, why would you add the additional calories specifically to protein in the offseason? we have determined that to be a waste no? If I am allowed 600 calories from carbs for the day, and decide to split them up for my first meal of the day and pwo, are you saying that i am incresing the chances of fat gain by  eating a larger portion of carbs for two meals than 100 calories over six meals? Thank you for the answers kind sir.

oh and by the way. Where in the world can I find cream of rye? and what does it taste like?

The reason why I suggest the extra calories to come from protein is that even a slight increase in carbohydrate consumption can result in bodyfat being deposited. I am not saying that your body will use the extra protein for growth; I'm saying that the body will need the extra calories for growth. Besides, if you read the post on page 1 where I discuss protein, I state that bodybuilders do need more protein than sedentary individuals for growth, but that this is grossly exaggerated for commercial reasons. As I mentioned, protein needs are based on bodyweight and the necessity to maintain nitrogen balance. If you're eating 0.7 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight - which is the most that studies done with people who suffer from severe muscle waisting disorders, like Duchenne's muscular atrophy suggest -, and the amount of calories necessary for maintenance, then you need an extra 300 calories a day for growth. These calories can come from protein, carbs or fats, but I suggest that they come from protein because it causes close to no insulin release, like carbohydrates, and they do not decrease insulin sensitivity, like most fats. The muscles do not need this extra protein to synthesize more actin and myosin filaments, but the body does need the extra calories to grow. Why? Physics: the only way to increase physical mass is by putting in more mass than you burn out. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
SMM,
I'm inclined to agree with your assesment of dex PWO.  I've tried it for awhile and haven't noticed any difference in my rate of progress, but I think bf has been creeping up. 

Your analysis of various GI carbs makes good sense although I'd probably vary my carb sources a bit more, if only for palatability's sake, but oatmeal has been a staple for quite awhile. 

I've been looking into reducing my SHBG levels recently tho, and found that insulin can play a factor (also taking "grape seed extract" and trying to find some "nettle root extract" which Hooker, to his credit, indicated was helpful).  I certainly agree that an accelerated rise in bloodsugar will promote fat gain, but I'm running an experiment to see if slightly higher GI carbs (no simple sugars tho) in moderate portions will do any good.  I'll get another test near the end of the month.  This SHBG issue is probably unique to me, or at least uncommon, so other's wouldn't have these concerns.

Come diet time (about 6 weeks away), I'll certainly return to strictly low GI carb sources unless I have some data which says not to.  I'm not going to sabotage my cardio with high blood sugar.

suckmymuscle

SMM,
I'm inclined to agree with your assesment of dex PWO.  I've tried it for awhile and haven't noticed any difference in my rate of progress, but I think bf has been creeping up. 

Your analysis of various GI carbs makes good sense although I'd probably vary my carb sources a bit more, if only for palatability's sake, but oatmeal has been a staple for quite awhile. 

I've been looking into reducing my SHBG levels recently tho, and found that insulin can play a factor (also taking "grape seed extract" and trying to find some "nettle root extract" which Hooker, to his credit, indicated was helpful).  I certainly agree that an accelerated rise in bloodsugar will promote fat gain, but I'm running an experiment to see if slightly higher GI carbs (no simple sugars tho) in moderate portions will do any good.  I'll get another test near the end of the month.  This SHBG issue is probably unique to me, or at least uncommon, so other's wouldn't have these concerns.

Come diet time (about 6 weeks away), I'll certainly return to strictly low GI carb sources unless I have some data which says not to.  I'm not going to sabotage my cardio with high blood sugar.

If your goal is to lose bodyfat, then there are three things that you mut, by necessity, do:

- Discover what is your daily caloric need for maintenance.

- Reduce calories below maintenance by 300 - more than this will result in catabolism.

- Substitute all carbs for nothing other than oatmeal and cream of rye.

- If after two weeks your bodyfat hasn't decreased after you decreased claories by 300 below maintenance, then go zero carbs for one or two weeks.

- Do very low intensity cardio for up to one hour first thing in the morning On an empty stomach.

- One hour latter drink a carb-free whey drink containing 50 grams of whey protein isolates. This is your first meal. The second only comes 3 hours latter.

- Eat a cople dozen black olives a day or half a cup of macademias to get the monoinsaturated fatty acids that your body needs.

- Eliminate cyclamate derivated sweeteners from your diet, as they may elicit insulin response.

- Eliminate coffee, which contains several substances that inhibit prostaglandins and, thus, fat loss, and substitute it for green tea, which contains a large amount of the catechin epillogallactin galate, which inhibits the breakdown of norepinephrine and thus enhacnes fat loss. Don't drink it at once, but sip it throughout the day.

- Eat lots of organic vegetables, which are necessary to digest all that protein you'll be eating for muscle maintenance as well as to full your stomach and decrease food cravings.

- Take DL-tryptophan before bed to enhance sleep and recovery and decrease hunger - or eat some slices of organic pinnaple.

If you follow this advice, I promise, you will lose 1 to 2 lbs of bodyfat a week consistently. Do not eat medium to high glycemic carbs as they ruin everything, and do not cycle carbs - because it causes insulin respose and makes you go back to square one. Good luck! :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Some good info in this thread.

Thanks mate!  :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
What's your take on brown rice and buckwheat noodles, SMM?

Also, where do you get Omega3 fatty acids from? They are more important than the Omega9 and 6 you get from olives i think.

Thanks.

trab

• Getbig V

Also, where do you get Omega3 fatty acids from? They are more important than the Omega9 and 6 you get from olives i think.

Thanks.

What kind of Scary stuff do them Jap-O-knees girls eat over there DK?
You ought to see what the poor villagers can eat in SE Asia :-X ;D.

DK II

• Getbig V
What kind of Scary stuff do them Jap-O-knees girls eat over there DK?
You ought to see what the poor villagers can eat in SE Asia :-X ;D.

I don't give a fuck about SE asia.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
YOu are a personal trainer speaks volumes.

Degrees dont cause much hypertrophy.   Want to get big? watch big guys and do what they do Not swim instructers!
Worrd!  I also am a big believer that people here overcomplicate nutrition...by the way...red meat = muscle....learn this and u will start feeding the body the right way....whole eggs, red meat , potatoes, raw milk even straight from the cow...add some good hormones and u got the recepy for a " beefy" physique...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Great advice SMM.  Thanks. :)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
i wouldnt go out of your way to eat omega 6 fatty acids as they are pro-inflammatory and our diets are already replete with them. i would opt for as much omega 3, dha,epa,gla as possible as the anti-inflammtory effect will have positive benefits on DOMS and muscle growth.

i avoid egg yolks, all omega 6.

trab

• Getbig V
Worrd!  I also am a big believer that people here overcomplicate nutrition...by the way...red meat = muscle....learn this and u will start feeding the body the right way....whole eggs, red meat , potatoes, raw milk even straight from the cow...add some good hormones and u got the recepy for a " beefy" physique...

You are 100% F'n Right!
It's all Pansy ass BS.   Recall Lee Priest in front of the Doughnut Box, one in each hand?

Take a look at the Farm Boys in the Mid West by me. They dont make any weak ones. Most are thick and strong or wiry and strong. What they eat?.... Beef (Lots of it) Cheese, milk,EGGS, chicken, Pork, Potatoes and other fresh garden Veggies.   You can look at 80% plus pussie ass American suburbs "Body Builders" and they will never have the natural thick muscle base of these guys who many never touch a weight.

Bulking? Eat as much high quality protine and natural carbs and enough fibrous greens to crap.
That's it!   Or, empty your wallet to the Supplement Co's for nothing! ;)

trab

• Getbig V
I don't give a fuck about SE asia.

YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION YOU THICK HEADED GERMAN! ;D
It's Ok, Im part German, I understand we have thick heads....

Now What kind of shit do them Japonese Girls you Hump eat, Besides German Sausage?

trab

• Getbig V

DK II

• Getbig V

Thanks.

Bump for SMM, i would like to get an answer on this.

Also, i would like to have an explanation and proof how an artificial sweetener with zero calories can produce an insulin spike. If that was the case, putting plenty of it into whey shakes, creatine and other supps must be the bomb. Insulin without carbs, great thing.

trab

• Getbig V
Bump for SMM, i would like to get an answer on this.

Also, i would like to have an explanation and proof how an artificial sweetener with zero calories can produce an insulin spike. If that was the case, putting plenty of it into whey shakes, creatine and other supps must be the bomb. Insulin without carbs, great thing.

Why dont you just inject insulin then, if thats what you want?

DK II

• Getbig V
Why dont you just inject insulin then, if thats what you want?

Why would anyone have to inject insulin, if you could have it all with a legally available artificial sweetener??

What i'm really trying to say is SMM is full of shit, he does have some basic knowledge on nutrition but mixes it with hearsay, asuupmtions and his own fantasy.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
This thread is a minefield!

DK II

• Getbig V
This thread is a minefield!

Yes, a minefield of dumb advice, lack of knowledge and insanity with a very narrow non-marked path of acutally valuable basical knowledge.

trab

• Getbig V
Yes, a minefield of dumb advice, lack of knowledge and insanity with a very narrow non-marked path of acutally valuable basical knowledge.

Yup.

suckmymuscle

Why would anyone have to inject insulin, if you could have it all with a legally available artificial sweetener??

What i'm really trying to say is SMM is full of shit, he does have some basic knowledge on nutrition but mixes it with hearsay, asuupmtions and his own fantasy.

What a contemptible individual you are: mean, petty and jealous. I ma going to answer your questions only to own your ass, you fucking stupid monkey.

Brown rice is good, but not as good as oatmeal or cream of rye because it has a slightly higher GI and more fat. The fat in brown rice is monoinsaturated and good for you, but it adds calories, which is not ideal if you are dieting.

As for artificial sweerteners, studies have shown that it's sweet taste fools the brain and leads to a release of insulin. It's not as bad as sugar in adding fat, though, because sugar releases insulin and adds lots of calories, which artificial sweeteners don't.

As for why bodybuilders inject insulin rather than taking artificial sweeteners, excuse me, but I assume you are jocking. Otherwise, this is the most stupid question I've ever been asked. Can you get any dumber? Can you? Simply because the amount of insulin released in response to sweeteners is much, much lower than what you get from injecting insulin. And furthermore, why should bodybuilders use sweeteners if sugar releases insulin and add carbs, which is the point of releasing insulin in the first place for muscle growth? Lol...dumbass. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

You are 100% F'n Right!
It's all Pansy ass BS.   Recall Lee Priest in front of the Doughnut Box, one in each hand?

Take a look at the Farm Boys in the Mid West by me. They dont make any weak ones. Most are thick and strong or wiry and strong. What they eat?.... Beef (Lots of it) Cheese, milk,EGGS, chicken, Pork, Potatoes and other fresh garden Veggies.   You can look at 80% plus pussie ass American suburbs "Body Builders" and they will never have the natural thick muscle base of these guys who many never touch a weight.

Bulking? Eat as much high quality protine and natural carbs and enough fibrous greens to crap.
That's it!   Or, empty your wallet to the Supplement Co's for nothing! ;)

Trab, you are a moron, plain and simple. Crates of donuts?! Donuts are loaded with transaturated fats, the worst kind of all for the heart. It is also loaded with stale fat and refined sugar. Donuts are like a cocktail of things that are bad for you.

As for the farm boys - again with this idiotic example -, they are not lean at all. Most of them carry over 15% bodyfat, the result of eating - in your words -, "lots of beef, eggs and milk". There is no point in gaining muscle if you cover your body with lots of fat in the process. Lee Priest becomes a fat pig in the off-season an dhis bodyfat balloons to over 25%, which qualifies him as borderline obese. The only reason why he is able to lose all that fat in three months is because he takes massive doses of thyroid hormones, GH and ephedrine, a cocktail that almost literally melts the fat off your body. I never proclaimed to know everything about nutrition, but you my friend don't know anything and frankly has no idea what you're talking about.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Listen up.  Those of you who find my advice to be worthless and are only here to stir up shit can bite me. Ok? I am not getting paid to give out advice, so those of you who don't like it can go f-k yourselves for all I care. If you don't stop trying to shoot me down I will just quit posting here and let you do as you please.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Lighten up Francis  ;)
: