Author Topic: Myofascial Therapy Equipment:  (Read 10001 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Myofascial Therapy Equipment:
« on: August 21, 2012, 06:26:01 AM »
Who currently makes decent foam rollers and other M/F release products?

I'm also in the market for some good inversion boots. Is Teeter still a reputable brand?

D-Ware

• Getbig II
Re: Myofascial Therapy Equipment:
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:36:37 AM »
I bought the short orange foam roller they sell at dick's sporting goods for like $20 and punched out the foam core (it is shit and will lose shape and not roll right and is not hard enough).  Then went to home depot and bought a short precut piece of pvc pipe and inserted it into the hole and made it the core of the roller.  Works great and the whole thing cost $30 or so and a little elbow grease to get the pvc in the center. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 07:22:08 AM »
Gotcha.
Thanks!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
So, I just received this in the mail the other day: https://www.thestick.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DC-3000

I finally had a chance to try it out today before training legs, and personally like it much, MUCH better than using a foam roller for lower body work. It is easier to use, being less awkward and permitting greater accuracy; particularly on the medial calves and adductors.

It seems to be well made, but it's too early to tell how well it holds/will hold up. It's also a bit pricey, but I'm not complaining.

On a less enthusiastic note, I also purchased a foot wheel in the same order. Unfortunately, the construction (at least on mine) is HORRIBLE.

Within literally the first minute of use, one of the end caps came off, allowing the wheels and spacers to slide off of the core when in use. I will be contacting the company this week regarding this matter.