Author Topic: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie  (Read 722849 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie
« Reply #1500 on: July 23, 2018, 05:38:55 AM »
 :D
F

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1501 on: October 24, 2018, 08:13:48 PM »
Although it's been many years since I saw it, I remember Fearless Vampire Killers as a very good movie.  I think it was directed by Roman Polanski.  I don't know if he and Tate were married at the time, or this was where they met, or whatever.

I SURELY would like to hear more about your lunch with Tony Curtis.  He and wife Janet Leigh made a movie with Dean Martin that I kind of like, Who Was That Lady.

Back to the subject of movies with bodybuilders in them, if you've never seen Athena from the mid-50's, which starred Jane Powell and Debbie Reynolds, I highly recommend it.  It has Steve Reeves in a really small part.  It is one STRANGE movie.

I recently came across these publicity photos from the movie Athena. Obviously you can see Debbie Reynolds but on the right in both photos is Steve Reeves.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1502 on: October 25, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
I recently came across these publicity photos from the movie Athena. Obviously you can see Debbie Reynolds but on the right in both photos is Steve Reeves.

I have the film.  In the above photo from the left:

"Richard Sabre" (real name Dick Dubois), Debbie Reynolds, Edmund Purdom and Steve Reeves.

Fun factoids:  Dick Dubois became a minister late in life and only recently passed away.  The film takes it's inspiration (somewhat) from Bernarr ""Body Love" Macfadden.  The grandfather in the film is vaguely based upon Macfadden and Bernarr Macfadden was quite the character in real life.

Yes.  I am old.  ;D

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1503 on: November 09, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »

I have the film.  In the above photo from the left:

"Richard Sabre" (real name Dick Dubois), Debbie Reynolds, Edmund Purdom and Steve Reeves.

Fun factoids:  Dick Dubois became a minister late in life and only recently passed away.  The film takes it's inspiration (somewhat) from Bernarr ""Body Love" Macfadden.  The grandfather in the film is vaguely based upon Macfadden and Bernarr Macfadden was quite the character in real life.

Yes.  I am old.  ;D

Lol!  So am I.  Appreciate your reply, very few people have seen this oddball movie.