Author Topic: Liberal Violence and Fascism  (Read 168110 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Liberal Violence and Fascism
« Reply #825 on: August 15, 2023, 03:17:19 PM »
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz on Trump’s Georgia indictments:

“First of all, nobody should take seriously that there was grand jury indictment. The fact that it was a grand jury indictment, it means nothing. It's the prosecutor who indicted. The best evidence of that is that it was on his website before the grand jury even voted. Now, the whole strategy of all these four cases is to get a conviction before the election, even if they're going to lose on appeal.

I used to teach my students, many of them future prosecutors, if you bring a Rico case, that increases your chances of winning a trial and losing on appeal. The same thing is true with conspiracy and other cases involving mental states. And so all four of these cases are designed to get quick convictions in jurisdictions that are heavily loaded against Donald Trump.

And these prosecutors don't care as much as prosecutors generally do about having the convictions reversed on appeal, because that will happen after the election, which only goes to prove what I've been arguing now for months. If you're going after the man who's running against your incumbent president, you had darn well better have the strongest case possible. And these are among the four, at least three of them, three weakest cases I’ve ever seen against any candidate. We don't know about the fourth, but it seems like it's very much like the DC case.

And if you're going after the man running for president against your person, you have to have the strongest case. Otherwise, it becomes a banana republic. Anybody can prosecute anybody. And we're opening the door to prosecution of Democrats by Republicans, Republicans by Democrats. It's what Alexander Hamilton wrote in The Federalist is the most dangerous threat to democracy, and we're seeing it unfold in front of our eyes. Very, very tragically.

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Trump supporter, but I care deeply about the Constitution.  I care deeply about preserving the rule of law. And we're seeing it being fritter away for partisan political purposes.”

Thats a very good piece by by Alan.

Is not only America heading towards political anarchy

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #827 on: August 15, 2023, 03:34:47 PM »
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz on Trump’s Georgia indictments: Blah, blah, blah.

And another one bites the dust.

This was back in 2020. Since then he has remained in the margins.
'The Dersh' Stands Alone
Alan Dershowitz's legal arguments against impeaching President Trump have thrust him even farther into academe's margins.

Poor guy, when from being a winner to being a loser just like his idol.
Alan Dershowitz ordered to pay limited sanctions in Arizona election case
By David Thomas
July 17, 2023 7:58 AM PDT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #828 on: August 15, 2023, 03:51:14 PM »
And another one bites the dust.

This was back in 2020. Since then he has remained in the margins.
'The Dersh' Stands Alone
Alan Dershowitz's legal arguments against impeaching President Trump have thrust him even farther into academe's margins.

Poor guy, when from being a winner to being a loser just like his idol.
Alan Dershowitz ordered to pay limited sanctions in Arizona election case
By David Thomas
July 17, 2023 7:58 AM PDT

::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: August 15, 2023, 04:19:42 PM »
::)

Rollie eyes  ::) was my reaction too when I read the Dersh's comments about the Georgia indictments against Trump and his loyal syndicate. Alan Deshowitz has completely transformed from a onetime liberal standard-bearer into a total conservative provocateur.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #830 on: August 15, 2023, 04:25:06 PM »
Rollie eyes  ::) was my reaction too when I read the Dersh's comments about the Georgia indictments against Trump and his loyal syndicate. Alan Deshowitz has completely transformed from a onetime liberal standard-bearer into a total conservative provocateur.

I doubt you read or listen to Alan Dershowitz.  He's one of last honest liberals in America who actually cares about individual liberty and the Constitution.  All he does is call balls and strikes, regardless of party.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: August 15, 2023, 04:47:25 PM »
I doubt you read or listen to Alan Dershowitz.  He's one of last honest liberals in America who actually cares about individual liberty and the Constitution.  All he does is call balls and strikes, regardless of party.   

You  seem to spend a lot of time doubting me or at least what I read based on your repeated similar replies to my posts. But you are right, I don't make a habit of following Alan Dershowitz. What I read is that many people feel he has changed considerably from being an open-minded person to one who currently projects predominately conservative views. Maybe the more conservative thinking is something that came with age in his case. He is 84 years old.

I remember you also posted that you believe Tucker Carlson speaks honestly, which you said is what you most like about him. I too admire honesty. Although I don't concur with your examples of people who speak sincerely.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #832 on: August 15, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »
You  seem to spend a lot of time doubting me or at least what I read based on your repeated similar replies to my posts. But you are right, I don't make a habit of following Alan Dershowitz. What I read is that many people feel he has changed considerably from being an open-minded person to one who currently projects predominately conservative views. Maybe the more conservative thinking is something that came with age in his case. He is 84 years old.

I remember you also posted that you believe Tucker Carlson speaks honestly, which you said is what you most like about him. I too admire honesty. Although I don't concur with your examples of people who speak sincerely.

It seems to me there's very different interpretations of honesty on this board
From some folk.   ::)

Some just cannot answer simple yes / no questions - They have to have a long winded
Essay waffling on about anything but answering.

Nowt but word games - I say it white & certain others will say well its not quite white is it
As its a bit shaded or discoloured,  Donald & Russia & China have been meddling with
Our colours - Oh Thank the Lord for our saviour Pedo Pete & Kamel Toe-Harris & their
Crew of 😇s

HTH

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: August 15, 2023, 07:16:17 PM »

So I said I doubt you read or listen to Dershowitz, you complain about my assumption, then admit my assumption is correct.  Ok.  lol

I'm not relying on what other people say about Dershowitz.  I'm relying on what I hear and read from him on a regular basis.  His podcast is poor quality, but the substance is solid.  He's 84?  So? 

I don't give your opinion on people much weight, because you don't rely on your own assessment.  You rely on what other people say.  You can obviously do whatever you want, but your opinions will be much more informed if you actually do your own assessments instead of pulling random stuff off the internet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: August 23, 2023, 06:50:41 PM »
ALAN DERSHOWITZ: Al Gore, his legal team and I tried to find uncounted presidential votes, lobbied officials and fought in the courts in 2000. The only difference now? The candidate's name is Donald Trump... That's why this prosecution is an outrage
By ALAN DERSHOWITZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
UPDATED: 16 August 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12413181/ALAN-DERSHOWITZ-Al-Gore-2000-Donald-Trump-indictment.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: August 31, 2023, 08:28:19 PM »
Trump can’t be barred from Arizona’s 2024 ballot, says Democratic secretary of state
Tara Suter
August 30, 2023
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-t-barred-arizona-2024-194605696.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: September 08, 2023, 08:30:26 AM »
Bunch of fascists.  Cannot let the people decide. 

Attorney considers state lawsuit to ban Trump from the 2024 ballot
By Juliette Fairley
Sep 7, 2023
https://flarecord.com/stories/649553376-attorney-considers-state-lawsuit-to-ban-trump-from-the-2024-ballot

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #837 on: September 08, 2023, 08:37:21 AM »
Bunch of fascists.  Cannot let the people decide. 

Attorney considers state lawsuit to ban Trump from the 2024 ballot
By Juliette Fairley
Sep 7, 2023
https://flarecord.com/stories/649553376-attorney-considers-state-lawsuit-to-ban-trump-from-the-2024-ballot

The disgusting old pedo corrupt idiot they have running has everyone hating on him now. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: September 08, 2023, 05:23:27 PM »

It seems to me there's very different interpretations of honesty on this board
From some folk.   ::)

Some just cannot answer simple yes / no questions - They have to have a long winded
Essay waffling on about anything but answering.

Nowt but word games - I say it white & certain others will say well its not quite white is it
As its a bit shaded or discoloured,  Donald & Russia & China have been meddling with
Our colours - Oh Thank the Lord for our saviour Pedo Pete & Kamel Toe-Harris & their
Crew of 😇s

HTH

;D

Keep hoping for those yes and no answers. The truth is nothing is ever black or white. There are no such colors as true black or true white, just as there are no absolutes in life. I agree with you, if there were everything would be less complicated and much clearer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #839 on: September 08, 2023, 06:51:36 PM »
Keep hoping for those yes and no answers. The truth is nothing is ever black or white. There are no such colors as true black or true white, just as there are no absolutes in life. I agree with you, if there were everything would be less complicated and much clearer.

That is absolute BS.  There is plenty of black and white.  There is gray too, but some things are incontrovertible.  Like whether pedophilia and rape are immoral.  Or whether abusing children and the elderly is immoral.  Or whether domestic violence is immoral. 

Unless, of course, you are part of today's leftist cult.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #840 on: September 08, 2023, 07:02:42 PM »
That is absolute BS.  There is plenty of black and white.  There is gray too, but some things are incontrovertible.  Like whether pedophilia and rape are immoral.  Or whether abusing children and the elderly is immoral.  Or whether domestic violence is immoral. 

Unless, of course, you are part of today's leftist cult.

Guess you haven't studied physics or are you an artist.

Does 100% black exist?
Are black and white colors?
What you see as a pigment with a black color or a light with a white color actually contains various light or dark colors. Nothing can be pure white or pure black, except unfiltered sunlight or the depths of a black hole.

In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: September 08, 2023, 07:06:10 PM »
Guess you haven't studied physics or are you an artist.

Does 100% black exist?
Are black and white colors?
What you see as a pigment with a black color or a light with a white color actually contains various light or dark colors. Nothing can be pure white or pure black, except unfiltered sunlight or the depths of a black hole.

In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light.

Seriously?  Nobody is talking about physics.  You said:  "The truth is nothing is ever black or white."  That isn't limited to physics.  The use of "black and white" is a figure of speech.  I'm sure you know that, but you're just being a contrarian. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: September 08, 2023, 07:18:14 PM »
Seriously?  Nobody is talking about physics.  You said:  "The truth is nothing is ever black or white."  That isn't limited to physics.  The use of "black and white" is a figure of speech.  I'm sure you know that, but you're just being a contrarian.

Maybe it seems contrarian to you but, everything is open to interpretation therefore there are no absolutes, i.e., true black or true white. Philosophically, “there are no facts, only interpretations” — Friedrich Nietzsche. The essence of it is everyone has their own opinions and interpretations of the same thing, and no one understands it exactly like anyone else.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #843 on: September 08, 2023, 07:19:14 PM »
Maybe it seems contrarian to you but, everything is open to interpretation therefore there are no absolutes, i.e., true black or true white. Philosophically, “there are no facts, only interpretations” — Friedrich Nietzsche. The essence of it is everyone has their own opinions and interpretations of the same thing, and no one understands it exactly like anyone else.

Is pedophilia open to interpretation? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #844 on: September 08, 2023, 07:53:50 PM »
Seriously?  Nobody is talking about physics.  You said:  "The truth is nothing is ever black or white."  That isn't limited to physics.  The use of "black and white" is a figure of speech.  I'm sure you know that, but you're just being a cuntrarian.
Typical democrat, gets his ass handed to him and went and changed the goal post. ;D

PS fixed that last word for you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: September 08, 2023, 07:58:43 PM »
Typical democrat, gets his ass handed to him and went and changed the goal post. ;D

PS fixed that last word for you.

Doh!  I'm waiting to see if he answers the black and white pedophilia question. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: September 08, 2023, 08:05:31 PM »
Is pedophilia open to interpretation?

Apparently so. Note: none of these definitions are mine in that I did not invent them. They do however show that there are various interpretations of the meaning of pedophilia.

Some folks believe that sex with a minor is considered pedophilia as has been evidenced on Getbig and they are not wrong because in popular usage, the word pedophilia is often applied to any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, including any sexual interest in minors below the local age of consent, regardless of their level of physical or mental development.

What defines a minor in legal terms with regards to sexual consent varies from place to place depending on local laws.

However, Britannica defines pedophilia as a psychosexual disorder, generally affecting adults, characterized by sexual interest in prepubescent children or attempts to engage in sexual acts with prepubescent children.

Puberty is the time in life when a person becomes sexually mature, typically occurs between ages 8 and 13 for girls and ages 9 and 14 for boys.

To further complicate things, the While pedophilia itself does not give rise to criminal liability, acting on it does. Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia. For example, California Penal Code § 288 states that “any person who willfully and lewdly commits any lewd or lascivious act, upon or with the body, or any part or member thereof, of a child who is under the age of 14 years...

And below is a definition of pedophilia that I previously posted which caused a big stir on Getbig because it defines it as a mental disorder and that did not sit well some folk’s personal feelings about pedophilia.

The American Psychological Association (APA) Dictionary of Psychology defines pedophilia as “a paraphilia in which sexual acts or fantasies involving pre-pubertal children are the persistently preferred or exclusive method of achieving sexual excitement.” A 2013 APA News Release stated that the APA maintains that pedophilia is a mental disorder.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/pedophilia

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #847 on: September 08, 2023, 08:13:26 PM »
Apparently so.
Fuck me. Is there no end to your sickness?
Pedophilia is a mental sickness with only one known 100% cure.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: September 08, 2023, 08:14:03 PM »
Apparently so. Note: none of these definitions are mine in that I did not invent them. They do however show that there are various interpretations of the meaning of pedophilia.

Some folks believe that sex with a minor is considered pedophilia as has been evidenced on Getbig and they are not wrong because in popular usage, the word pedophilia is often applied to any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, including any sexual interest in minors below the local age of consent, regardless of their level of physical or mental development.

What defines a minor in legal terms with regards to sexual consent varies from place to place depending on local laws.

However, Britannica defines pedophilia as a psychosexual disorder, generally affecting adults, characterized by sexual interest in prepubescent children or attempts to engage in sexual acts with prepubescent children.

Puberty is the time in life when a person becomes sexually mature, typically occurs between ages 8 and 13 for girls and ages 9 and 14 for boys.

To further complicate things, the While pedophilia itself does not give rise to criminal liability, acting on it does. Many jurisdictions make it a felony to engage in sexual contact with minors, which would be an example of acting on pedophilia. For example, California Penal Code § 288 states that “any person who willfully and lewdly commits any lewd or lascivious act, upon or with the body, or any part or member thereof, of a child who is under the age of 14 years...

And below is a definition of pedophilia that I previously posted which caused a big stir on Getbig because it defines it as a mental disorder and that did not sit well some folk’s personal feelings about pedophilia.

The American Psychological Association (APA) Dictionary of Psychology defines pedophilia as “a paraphilia in which sexual acts or fantasies involving pre-pubertal children are the persistently preferred or exclusive method of achieving sexual excitement.” A 2013 APA News Release stated that the APA maintains that pedophilia is a mental disorder.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/pedophilia

Those people do not dictate whether something is, without question, immoral.  Some people on the left want to change the word pedophilia to "minor attracted persons."  That's twisted.  And in no way makes pedophilia subject to interpretation.  Any time an adult sexually molests or rapes a child, that is wrong, immoral, illegal, etc.  It's not a gray area.  It's black and white.   

But before I conclude you are a pedophilia-supporting weirdo, let me ensure I understand you.  You actually believe that pedophilia is open to interpretation? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #849 on: September 08, 2023, 09:34:56 PM »
Those people do not dictate whether something is, without question, immoral.  Some people on the left want to change the word pedophilia to "minor attracted persons."  That's twisted.  And in no way makes pedophilia subject to interpretation.  Any time an adult sexually molests or rapes a child, that is wrong, immoral, illegal, etc.  It's not a gray area.  It's black and white.   

But before I conclude you are a pedophilia-supporting weirdo, let me ensure I understand you.  You actually believe that pedophilia is open to interpretation?

What I believe is that this was a conversation about absolutes in terms of black and white. You (I believe intentionally) turned it into a conversation about pedophilia, which was quite frankly, an asshole thing for you to do and what is worse is that you knew it was.

For the record: I agree with you that any time an adult sexually molests or rapes a child, it is wrong. 

Fact: There is more than one interpretation of pedophilia.

The law:
Child sexual abuse is illegal in every state, as well as under federal law. Among the states, the specifics of child sexual abuse laws vary, but certain features of these laws are common to all states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_child_sexual_abuse#:~:text=Child%20sexual%20abuse%20is%20illegal,are%20common%20to%20all%20states.

The American Psychiatric Association:
The publication of the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (2013; DSM-5), which replaced pedophilia with pedophilic disorder.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/pedophilia

ETC.