Author Topic: Trump judge  (Read 1049 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Trump judge
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2023, 10:18:23 PM »
No kidding.  The judge called him a bad guy last year.  Not the person who should now be sitting as a so-called fair and impartial decision maker.

From the article...

“His political speech,” Habba replied. “If he was not sitting as a Republican and was not a former president who might run again, this would not be happening. So she is discriminating against him for that.”

The judge and his clerk pointed out that protected classes include race, religion and sex.

“Donald Trump doesn’t fit that model,” Engoron flatly declared. “He’s not being discriminated against based on race, is he? Or religion, is he? He’s not a protected class,” the judge added.

“If Ms. James has a thing against him, OK, that’s not in my understanding [of] unlawful discrimination. He’s just a bad guy she should go after as the chief law enforcement officer of the state.”

After the contentious two-hour hearing, Engoron wrote in his ruling that when a state attorney general begins investigating a “business entity, uncovers copious evidence of possible financial fraud, and wants to question, under oath, several of the entities’ principals, including its namesake,” she has the right to do so.

For James not to investigate — especially after Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen testified that the company was “cooking the books” — would have been a “dereliction of duty,” Engoron noted.

He was painting a picture of why James was "discriminating" against Trump. She doesn't see him as a politician, a republican, she sees him as a bad guy and has a duty to investigate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2023, 02:12:26 PM »
Not that I doubt you and not that I don't disagree with the judge, but could you post a link so I can see context? I googled Judge Engeron calls trump a bad guy and came up empty

If the judge call Trump a bad guy, he is a wise judge... of character.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2023, 05:33:23 PM »
No kidding.  The judge called him a bad guy last year.  Not the person who should now be sitting as a so-called fair and impartial decision maker.
Imagine roles were reversed? Liberals would be out in force "peacefully protesting" while starting fires, beating people and looting stores. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!