Author Topic: Vince Gironda - Wow just wow  (Read 374641 times)

BSN

• Getbig IV
Re: Vince Gironda - Wow just wow
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »
 :)

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2018, 06:39:54 AM »
Joe, Vince and Larry

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
Joe, Vince and Larry

R.I.P., all three.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »
VINCE'S CORNER:
STYLES OF TRAINING EFFORT.
The Iron Guru, Vince Gironda, has incorporated different styles of training throughout his career. Lights weights with high reps, Heavy weights with Low reps, Heavy weights with high reps and so on. He came to the conclusion that ultimately using Heavy weights with High reps was the most beneficial for making progress in the Gym.
This conclusion, in my estimation, has two benefits:
1) The feel of heavy weights, besides encouraging muscle growth, makes the bodybuilder feel like he is accomplishing something in his training. The heavy poundages makes the muscle become stronger and stronger as the poundage is increased over time.
The increases in poundage also causes what Vince called Hyper-trophy to the muscles which is something we all strive for in every training session we go through..
2) The Heavy weights with High reps tear down tissues at a faster rate which is needed for muscular size.
With all the different styles of training, the bodybuilder needed to use heavier and heavier weights in order to use progressive resistance training in his workouts, this according to Vince.
I believe Vince was the originator of the phase, Progressive Resistance training.
The other part of the equation is the repetition phase. Higher reps in your training are essential to cause the muscles to pump in order to increase its blood supply to the tissues. The higher the reps the more capillaries are build which in turn feeds the muscle and increases its size. According to Gironda, the added capillaries can increase the muscle beyond its genetic potential.
Another of Vince's particular style of training in his Gym dealt with the Intensity Factor. Less rest between sets, increase in Tempo when working out, pushing yourself to do your workouts faster and faster, and progressive increases in weights was very important to the Iron Guru too.
All of these styles of training had one trait in common: To increase one's Pump, build capillaries to feed the muscles and increase its size.
There were other variables in training that Vince also considered, such as the idea that certain exercises required Maximum Intensity like the Hack squat, Neck Presses, body drag curls etc. While other movements required less intensity like chinning, dipping, Flys etc.
In conclusion, there are many styles of training that Vince Gironda advocated in his Gym. Heavy with low reps, Light with High reps and finally Heavy weights with Heavy reps. Try any one of these to find what works best for you and give Gironda's different training methods a try.
Credits
Vince Gironda.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: January 03, 2021, 03:55:30 PM »
With credit to Ironat:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: January 03, 2021, 03:56:53 PM »
This post deserves a place in this thread:

MEAT, EGG AND WATER DIET

By Vince Gironda

During the forty years I’ve been a bodybuilder seeking greater muscle size and delineation, I have experimented with every imaginable diet combination. While training to win the “Worlds Most Muscular Man” title. I devised a diet that gave me maximum muscle size with almost zero body fat. It was what I call the “steak-and-eggs diet.”
Steak and eggs have always been an athlete’s favorite meal, because no other food combination gives you the same feeling of power and energy. Beef and eggs sustain a high-normal blood sugar level for up to six hours, which makes lunch unnecessary when you’re dieting and training for muscular definition. And three-quarter pounds of steak and three eggs provide over 100 grams of first-class protein.
Hamburger is not a good substitute for streak in this diet, by the way. The grinding of the meat destroys enzymes and other important nutrients. As a result, ground beef simply doesn’t measure up to other cuts of meat for building muscle tissue.
Surprisingly, some of the less expensive cuts of meat – like chuck and round steak – are higher in protein and lower in fat content than sirloin steak or fillet mignon.
The first time I tried the steak-and-egg diet, I stayed on it for nine months. I ate only two meals per day, each consisting of three-quarter pounds of steak and three eggs. At the evening meal, I also had a small, mixed green salad. I used no supplements whatsoever, and noticed no adverse effects as a result of this.
I achieved the best condition of my career on this diet. After nine months of contest dieting and training, I noticed that I was actually growing, not just maintaining maximum muscularity.
I know many of you will protest that this is an unbalanced diet and that there is too much cholesterol in the beef and eggs. According to recent findings in the National Egg Council, the human body produces far more cholesterol that it needs. And if you ingest more cholesterol that it needs, your body cuts back it’s own production to maintain a natural, balanced level.
Medial researchers are now concluding that stress is the major cause of abnormally high cholesterol levels in some individuals. Also, a high level of sugar in the diet tends to force the cholesterol level upward.
Actually, cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of the human body. The brain requires it for normal function, and when you go out in the sun, cholesterol under the skin is converted into Vitamin D. Cholesterol also helps protect the body during cases of severe injury, because it acts as a sort of glue to stop bleeding in the traumatized areas.
In actual fact, cholesterol is not the culprit in heart and vascular disease. Instead, the villains are triglycerides, which are entirely different forms of fat.
Fat is essential in the human diet. Steffanson – in his book, Not By Brad Alone – mentions that during 18 years he lived among the Eskimos, they existed solely on meat and fat. Meat alone could not sustain them. Eskimos have been known to track a caribou for up to two weeks just to get the fat in the animal’s carcass.
Fat is the best source of energy known in that it yields nine calories per gram, as compared to only four grams or carbohydrate. Fat will sustain a high blood sugar level for up to six hours, while carbohydrates keep the blood sugar up for only 1 1/2 hours or so.
If you fear the calories in fat, keep in mind that fat is a lipotropic (a fat emulsifier), the same a vegetable oils. In other words, fat actually helps to burn fat in the body!
I think the real secret in the steak-and-eggs diet is the compatibility of beef and eggs, which confirm the “non mixed meal” dietary plan. protein and carbohydrates are not compatible, since they are digested in different mediums (acid for protein, alkaline for carbohydrates).
When protein and carbohydrates are consumed together, neither digests completely. The food that is predominant in the stomach then takes precedence. If protein dominates, for example, the carbohydrates tend to ferment and produce gas and toxic (poisonous) byproducts. And if larger amounts of carbohydrates are ingested, they can cause the meat to putrefy, preventing proper digestion.
Another reason why the steak-and-eggs diet contributes to faster muscle growth is that the amino acid composition of beef and eggs is almost identical to that of human tissue. As a result, animal proteins are much easier to synthesize into human muscle tissue that are vegetable proteins.
I’ve often stated that 200-300 grams of protein per day in an athlete’s diet is excessive. I contend that your body will let you know when you’re getting more protein than you need – you’ll lose your desire for meat. Then you should give your digestive system a rest from animal protein by eating raw, steamed vegetables and salads for a few days.
You’ll know when to return to eating meat by the hunger you develop for it. Actual protein requirements are an individual matter. Such requirements depend on body structure, sex, age, activity levels and physiological capacity.
If you have been at a sticking point for a while, try my steak-and-egg diet for three meals per day. You should also take digestive enzymes, 1500-2000 mg. of Vitamin C, 400-800 units of Vitamin E and a phosphorous free calcium supplement each day. These supplements ensure that your body is receiving all the nutrients necessary for growth.
By combining this diet with eight hours of sound sleep per night and a positive mental outlook, you will experience a good spurt of muscle growth. And with steak and eggs, your added size will be 100% solid muscle tissue.

"Remember that nutrition is 90%; exercise is 10%."

- Vince Gironda

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2021, 04:20:59 AM »
Heavy weights with high reps?

Never understand this.  I guess it means working with as much as you can for 8-12 reps.

At reps of 8-12 you are using likely 60-70% of max.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #432 on: January 18, 2022, 09:34:16 AM »
F

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #433 on: January 23, 2022, 07:18:41 AM »
umm ok  ::)