Author Topic: competition facial color  (Read 1917 times)

binliftin

• Getbig II
  • It's not the size that counts...right
competition facial color
« on: April 12, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »
I was wondering what the typical protocol other women follow for facial color for competition was. I have been tanning for the last 3 months but usually keep my face covered to keep from accelerating the wrinkle process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :P

Fit Figures

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Fitness & Figure Competition Team
Re: competition facial color
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:50:01 PM »
I am the same - I cover my face while tanning for wrinkle prevention.  Some women use a face self-tanner the few days before the show to blend in with the pro tan, then use a really dark makeup shade for day of show.  I can't do this though, because if I use a self-tanner on my face it looks dark and dirty.  I just use a powdered bronzer and then blend my 2 shades of dermablend (regular shade with ethnic shade) to match my pro tan day of show.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 05:13:15 PM »
I don't know how helpful this is as I do not tan coming up to a show anyway, but I just use a few coats of SUN facial self tanner about 2/3 days out, and then a bronzing powder. I generally match up okay ;)

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 05:46:05 AM »
I've never used the self-tanning on my face but using the darkest foundation I can find with a neutral powder does really well. Once you have a golden tan going on, shop for foundation by testing it on your hand because some have a pink tint depending on your skin. Good luck girls!

Anyone showing up at the Jr. USA in 2wks?
Patricia

Libillulidae

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:57:56 AM »
I don't tan my face, either--I don't want to look like I belong in "Somethign About Mary!!!"  I've had good luck with dark Lancome foundation & a really dark bronzer (MAC).  I find that most girls at the makeup counter are little/no help b/c no one understands what we are trying to achieve.  You will probably want to go to the counter with a few shades of protan on your chest/arm so they can match the color better.
My friend used an airbrush foundation by Classified Cosmetics at her last show (available at Sephora) and looked FANTASTIC!
Otherwise, you could hire a professional make-up artist for the day of the show, the going rate around here (San Francisco) is about $150/hr for hair and make-up services (you can save on costs by sharing with a friend or two).
Good luck!!!