Author Topic: New York Pro Fitness Pre-Judging / Finals  (Read 16756 times)

KGM

• Getbig II
New York Pro Fitness Pre-Judging / Finals
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »
Hey guys,

There is a summary of this morning's pre-judging and call outs for you on Bodysport.  Look out for Julie Childs!

http://bodysport.com/contests.html

There will be more real time coverage this evening at 6:30 EST.

Enjoy

Kevin

www.Bodysport.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: New York Pro Fitness Pre-Judging
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »

Appreciate the coverage, but...

"While its not a lineup full of big names..."

...man, you guys are brutal.   

Hope you're having fun at the show.   :D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: New York Pro Fitness Pre-Judging
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »
FINAL RESULTS:
3rd - Amy Haddad
2nd - Heidi Fletcher
1st - Julie Childs

Congrats!

Elevate Your Image.™

YouAreJoking

• Getbig I
Re: New York Pro Fitness Pre-Judging / Finals
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 08:10:48 PM »
Heidi places last at the arnold, gets killed in the routine round, signs with JM and finishes 2nd.  HA.  You have to love this industry.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 12:06:56 AM »
Oh please.....

Can I assume by Heidi Fletcher's second place she dramatically improved her routine? I saw her routine at the Arnold, and in the spirit of being nice I will say no more ::)

Congrats to Julie, very deserving winner.

dacof

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »
Has anyone seen any score sheets posted anywhere?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 07:02:46 AM »
Oh please.....

Can I assume by Heidi Fletcher's second place she dramatically improved her routine? I saw her routine at the Arnold, and in the spirit of being nice I will say no more ::)

I really enjoyed Heidi's routine a couple of seasons ago and considered her to be strong (read: 'pro-ready') in that category.  I didn't watch much of anything in 2005, but would find it hard to believe that her routines would've weakened significantly in the past year or so.

It's entirely possible that she was injured at the Arnold or maybe she was just off her game there.  Unlike some others may have done, she certainly didn't make any excuses for what many have described as a subpar 2-minute routine...she merely got healthy or got focused and nailed it in New York.  She shouldn't be penalized in New York for what went wrong in Columbus. 

Note to everyone: Until demonstrated otherwise, all performers should be given the benefit of the doubt.  If you feel someone didn't deserve a particular placing, don't just say, 'Uh, she was bad and didn't deserve 2nd.'  State why you feel someone else should've been placed in her (or his) spot. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:01:13 AM »
Tre, the reason I did not state specifically why I thought she should not have placed 2nd was because I was trying to be polite [seriously]. There is alot I could say.

I saw her routine at the Nationals, and at the Arnold. I understood she did the same routine. It is not being posted, but off the boards people have a lot to say about her routines.

Like I said, I am genuinely trying to be polite so I'll leave it at that.

YouAreJoking

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »
I would like to know how girls that placed in front of heidi at the arnold (which every girl placed WAY in front of in all rounds) all of a sudden did a 180 with them now being beat by her by a similar margin.  If it was 8 months later, that is one thing.  The arnold was 5-6 weeks ago.  This stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOOO rigged, why people just don't accept that, I have no idea.

It's simple logic.  The manion's get a % of all money won by their athletes.  Heidi signs as an athlete, places in the money, to which manion takes his %.  She is now qualified for the O, where she'll likely grab a 6th place finish, just enough for them to get some more money. 

It should be pointed out that this is of NO fault of heidi's.  She made the smart move by signing with JM.  She just goes up on stage and does her thing.  She has no part in the placings.  Ill will shouldn't be cast on her, it's all on the judges and the overly obvious rigging that is done. 

Amanda1

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here since I usually dont post and stay away from threads like this.  I am not trying either praise or bash Heidi but I do have a few things to say.
We all know that fitness and figure competitions are not solely based on routine/physiques, as other things are taken into account.
I have competed with Heidi in the past at the regional level and saw her at Nationals in November, and regardless of whether she has signed with JM or not, I've noticed that throughout the years she has been like a sponge.  What I mean is that she takes into account all the feedback that is given to her, goes back to the drawing board and comes in with great improvements at the next show.  I am mostly impressed with changes to her physique.  Her overall presentation is damn near flawless.  I do think and also believe that her routines will only continue to improve.  No doubt in my mind about that. 
So...I'm sure if given the opportunity to sign in with JM or whatever other management company is out there in order to make some $$ in a "sport" where not many of us women do...shoooooot...come on now...wouldnt you do it?  I know I would!!! 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 01:25:49 PM »
I would love the see the scoresheets.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 03:16:42 PM »
Tre, the reason I did not state specifically why I thought she should not have placed 2nd was because I was trying to be polite [seriously]. There is alot I could say.

I saw her routine at the Nationals, and at the Arnold. I understood she did the same routine. It is not being posted, but off the boards people have a lot to say about her routines.

Like I said, I am genuinely trying to be polite so I'll leave it at that.

CQ - you have the respect of me and (I'd bet) most other people on this board, so I did not mean to make it sound as if I was calling you out.  It was not my intent to put you on the spot or to embarrass you in any way, so I apologize if that's how I came across. 

When I first saw Heidi a few years back, I thought she was the 'it' girl.  I don't remember the show, but I do remember thinking, "Man, that girl got robbed - she should be a fitness pro right now!"  If anything - and my memory is a bit foggy on this - it was her physique which had not yet matured back then.

That's my take on Heidi.  I've met her exactly once and spoken with her for no more than 60 seconds, so there's no personal or professional bias on my part whatsoever. 

If people are saying she screwed up in Columbus for whatever reason, I can accept that.  But I can also accept that she corrected everything and was on top of her game by the time she got to New York. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 03:22:38 PM »
This stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOOO rigged, why people just don't accept that, I have no idea.

I've seen contests - specific placings, that is - which did seem (read: 'were') pre-determined, but it doesn't happen every show, despite what some would have you believe. 

It's simple logic.  The manion's get a % of all money won by their athletes.  Heidi signs as an athlete, places in the money, to which manion takes his %.  She is now qualified for the O, where she'll likely grab a 6th place finish, just enough for them to get some more money. 

You are incorrect.  The performer-athletes keep 100% of their contest winnings.

You're correct in stating that this so-called conspiracy is no fault of Heidi's, but on the financial claim, your 'simple logic' fails.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »
Her overall presentation is damn near flawless. 

Thank you so much for saying that - I know it means a lot coming from a fellow competitor. 

YouAreJoking

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 09:15:10 PM »
Rather than believe your account tre, I'll look at the facts of each case.  Looking at a history of fitness and figure it is SO obvious that shows are rigged.  Why you would deny this, I have no idea.  Ok, I may be wrong on manion getting money from her win, but it is still in their best interest to see their girls win.  How do you know they don't get a % of winnings?  Does anyone have a copy of the contract they have to sign?

Militia-Men

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:28 AM »
CQ - you have the respect of me and (I'd bet) most other people on this board, so I did not mean to make it sound as if I was calling you out.  It was not my intent to put you on the spot or to embarrass you in any way, so I apologize if that's how I came across.   

No problem at all Tre, I know you're cool and thanks.

Thank you Militiamen for the scoresheet.The routine round scoring is beyond laughable. A complete joke :-[

I have never been one for the conspiracy/fixed show theories...but this makes me wonder. There is no way any reasonable judge [and I have judged] could have scored those routines like that.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 06:33:23 AM »
OK.. I just got a report from a very well trusted source who has seen well over 6000 routines and was at this show and the Arnold. This is what was sent to me. Sorry about the typos etc..I just cut and pasted.

1st
The biggest prob was the placing of Mindi OBrien and Maria Allegro. Maria was called out first round and Mindi in the second. Somehow Mindi got called up to place in the first set of girls and Maria got moved back to middle of second without being compared to each other.

2nd
Heidi's routine
It is hard to believe that a group of non-druged adults all scored her 2nd straight across.  Same Arnold routine not better not worse same.Not to to come across as harsh but she needs some time. It was middle of the pack well hell maybe upper middle but  got straight across 2nd and was not better than Mindi no way and i mean nooooooooway!

3rd
Manion Theory. This is not even possible, if it was rigged why not conceal it better and make it close and as far as that goes why not Angie Semsch instead of Amy Haddad????  she is a Manion girl and no check and a Julie S 1st  angie s 2nd and Heidi 3rd would look much better and get an all manion line-up.
SO WHAT HAPPENDED?????
New judges or math error  (maybe the had curious george doing the math!)

Judges

There mostly non-seasond judges .  Why this was the case I have no idea. This is a good show but the judges will be pulled thin this year with all the figure and fitness shows.  Frank Seppe's
(sp?) 1st IFBB judged show (where is his expertise in
fitness??)  Rich Gaspari  and several others I did not recognize.
no  Bev F, no Steve W no Tuman, no Rockell, no Sandy, no Carol S.  How about having judges that have seen a fitness show before and not have to disccus with one another about the outcome.

Math
Just looked weird on the scores the callouts vs the placings?????  sometimes with expert judges they will buck the callouts some, but as explained no  EXPERTS here and A SEMSCH called out 1st solid but from there is was a mess Julie S callout like 4th or 5th in 2 piece then moved up to tie for first???
Mindi was called out in 2nd call outs Maria A callout in 2nd then they were switched ?????and on and on.....

I could go on for hours but just a weird night to say the least on this stuff but to wrap it up I'll with the biggest ripoffs and the biggest gifts:

BIGGEST RIPOFFS:
Katie Szep not getting best routine (or atleast top 3)

Angie  Semsch not getting solid 1st in body (tied for 2nd and tied for 1st???)

Mindi O not getting 2nd in routine

Biggest gift:
Heidi 2nd finish in routine????????  no way a group of non-drinking adults could it this way.  Her routine was not better or  different, from the arnold and not better than Mindi, Katie s, Sandy grant, Angie s, or Elizabeth M.  this was prolly the biggest gift of all time. I am not saying she is not talented, but that routine was just bad regardless of who did it.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 06:54:07 AM »
hehehe...Thanks alot Dina..excellent 'cut and paste' from you ;)

Very interesting assessment, and IMO completely accurate.

Like the post said..."one of the biggest gifts of all time" :-\

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 08:14:28 AM »
lol CQ.  I trust the person who sent me that. I was not there so I cannot comment, but the person felt very strongly about what happened to the athletes at this show and wanted to comment.

YouAreJoking

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 08:32:20 AM »
The judges screwed up. They meant to put semesh 3rd and cut it to close.  The new manion girl goes from straight last place scores, finishing 2x higher in points than the next place athlete at the arnold, to beating the entire field with a score half the amount of 3rd place.  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
Judges
There mostly non-seasoned judges .  Why this was the case I have no idea. This is a good show but the judges will be pulled thin this year with all the figure and fitness shows.  Frank Sepe's (sp?) 1st IFBB judged show (where is his expertise in
fitness??)  Rich Gaspari  and several others I did not recognize.
no  Bev F, no Steve W no Tuman, no Rockell, no Sandy, no Carol S.  How about having judges that have seen a fitness show before and not have to discuss with one another about the outcome.

That group is no more reliable than the ones who were present - they just have more experience jacking up the results. lol

I need to see a video of this routine of Heidi's that everyone hates so much. 

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »
All I can say is that the ahssessment that Angie Semsch deserved 1st in regards to her physique sounds right to me. I have always been very impressed with the combo of muscularity and shape she brings to the stage.

People often discount the "Manion factor" by saying,"well, why didn't so-and-so place higher?" I think things can never be SO obvious as to have all the JM girls in the top spots. But the JM girls almost always seem to get the invite to compete in the Arnold (big stage), and one way or another will all qualify to compete at the Olympia by the end of the competitive season.
Lee

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 12:07:23 PM »
That group is no more reliable than the ones who were present - they just have more experience jacking up the results. lol

I need to see a video of this routine of Heidi's that everyone hates so much. 

Do you have access to a video of the nationals PPV Tre? It is on that. Then watch any routine of the other girls esp. Mindi O'Brien & Angela Semsch to get a good perspective. I rarely post negative things but this "judging" was simply such a joke I cannot shut up >:(

This is somewhat rude and I debated about posting it, but since I have paid thousands of dollars[literally] to attend and support shows I'll say it. Her routine has no place on the Olympia stage at all.The O should be for the best of the best. I mean no personal offence to her, she has a great physique and overall a very cute look, but it is just so unfair to many of the other girls. Plus, it turns off ticket buying fans, like myself, which are needed for the shows to prosper :-\

fitfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 01:31:06 PM »
Went with my buddy to the show...after attending about 20 shows at this point, here's my 2 cents:

Julie Childs deservedly won the show...she looked great and had a first rate routine.  There is no question on this one.

Heidi Fletcher...huh????  Need not say more.

After a few years in the middle of the pack, Amy Hadadd has finally been noticed as a good, solid competitor.  She is a very pretty girl and a good rep for the sport.

What happened to Angie Semsch...she was called out first in both rounds...has a solid routine and ends up 4th??...she deserved 2nd.

As for the rest of the pack...Sandy Grant got her due...she deserved the good callouts that she got.  Amy Huber was fairly scored.  Shannon Dey got screwed royally again, what do they have against this girl?  Her routine was FLAWLESS, full of serious difficulty and got scored 2nd to last??  How did Sandra Wickam go from 6th in Sacremento last year to 16th?  She was the only girl with abs, was in top notch condition and looked great on stage. 

What are they looking for?  The winner was just the right combo of muscular and athletic, 2nd place was chunky and 3rd place was thin and lean...what is the standard these days??

Til next time...

Fitfan