Author Topic: True Motivation  (Read 2116 times)

rotiron

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
True Motivation
« on: May 01, 2006, 04:57:40 PM »
Is it just me, or does it seem that there just doesn't seem to be as much interest in talking about women's fitness, figure or body building?  It's as if the events in December just put a damper on everything.

That aside, considering how expensive it is to participate in these sports, what percentage of women do it for the love of competition and what percentage do it because they think they can build a career (that brings them money and fame)?  If it is for the love of competition, what is the average longevity of their passion?

Is it possible to get in competition shape, but not compete and still build a following?  Would the fitness/figure/body building photographers be interested in taking and posting pictures of women who don't compete but have the look of a competitor?  Would website builders do the same?  How much does it cost to maintain a website anyway and do most fitness/figure/body builders competitors break even through paying memberships?

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
Re: True Motivation
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

Is it possible to get in competition shape, but not compete and still build a following?  Would the fitness/figure/body building photographers be interested in taking and posting pictures of women who don't compete but have the look of a competitor?  Would website builders do the same?  How much does it cost to maintain a website anyway and do most fitness/figure/body builders competitors break even through paying memberships?

Simply put, if you are hot you will get work modeling in fitness - even if don't compete. Some top fitness professionals can't book photoshoots because they do not have a main stream look.

IMHO ;)
pain day

docvenus

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Fit and Be Happy!
Re: True Motivation
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 04:45:21 PM »
That aside, considering how expensive it is to participate in these sports, what percentage of women do it for the love of competition and what percentage do it because they think they can build a career (that brings them money and fame)?  If it is for the love of competition, what is the average longevity of their passion?

I'd definitely put myself in the category of competing in fitness for the love of competition.  I truly find it a lot of fun.  I enjoy many aspects of it...the workouts, learning new choreography, the creativity of designing a routine (theme, music, costumes, props), the backstage energy and excitement, being goal-directed, meeting new people, the challenge of performing a new skill...these all make it very fulfilling to me.

I've been competing for 10 years now, and I don't see quitting anytime in the near future.

-Venus
 www.DrVenus.com