Author Topic: Are Liberals Smarter? Study Indicates The Answer Is YES  (Read 9478 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Are Liberals Smarter? Study Indicates The Answer Is YES
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
Number of stupid people in Texas i think.

He said all the smart people moved away. What statistics are you talking about?

so do i.
 they're the ones who moved away.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
if you are smart, why ain't ya rich?

yep all you penniless commies held back by the man ya right!!

/end thread

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
He said all the smart people moved away. What statistics are you talking about?

That its statistics. People in the south receive more wellfare pr statistic. But of course there is bright people in Texas hence your personal experience.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
That its statistics. People in the south receive more wellfare pr statistic. But of course there is bright people in Texas hence your personal experience.

That's opinion and hyperbole.  Are you suggesting that 100 percent of the smart people moved away from Texas?  That's what he said. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »
That's opinion and hyperbole.  Are you suggesting that 100 percent of the smart people moved away from Texas?  That's what he said. 

No thats not what im suggesting.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
lets see texas

dell computer
american airlines
neiman marcus
exxon mobile

yeah no one smart there lol

heres a few 100 more big huge profitable corps in texas:

http://jobbankusa.com/jobs/texas_tx/job_employment_largest_employers.html

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
its called "brain drain" and it happens to regions without a lot of economic development. the smartest and brightest move out of rural areas and into urban centers. rural areas tend to be more conservative and urban centers tend to be more liberal.

texas has some urban centers and they also have a "business friendly" political climate if i remember correctly, which both contribute to helping increase the amount of intelligent and successful.

as i will say for the third time now in this thread...  conservative/liberal isnt dictated by intelligence. average IQ for the two groups is basically the same.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »
A government school study says those who think bigger government is better are smart?

SUPRISE   ::)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
A government school study says those who think bigger government is better are smart?

SUPRISE   ::)
Do you think that the Internet, GPS, the highway system and the military are useful?
G

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Do you think that the Internet, GPS, the highway system and the military are useful?

The internet was invented at private bell labs.
GPS is nice, implemented by private corps.
The highway system could have been doen 10x cheaper by allowing corps to build them and charge access and blocking teamsters from interfearing.
Military invents everything with 19% of gdp yes is maligned, while people forget 74% of gdp is just welfare the dole.

hope this helps

ps the point was that if you ask the government to take a poll, the poll will say more government spending is good.

I think simply spending the government money BETTER would be a MASSIVE improvement.

I also am thinking massive import taxes on china good and japanese cars would be most excellent way to eliminate the income tax.  bigger paychecks and make china and japan replace the income from the income tax.

I think www.fairtax.org would be an excellent implementation to switch to as well and its proven by hong kongs excellent growth in the 1900s with just a 15% tax nothing more.

I would love to hear what solutions or implementations make sense for you.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
solutions.. depends if i am willing to be an authoritarian or not.

your solution, very authoritarian. stealing 15% of peoples money. putting up tariffs on goods from overseas. etc.    all that has to be done by force. 

a solution that doesnt revolve around the use of force and coercion...   let people donate how much money they want to what programs they want. and do your best to encourage the people you meet in your life to be productive, charitable, good hearted and financially responsible individuals.

now, if you want to be an authoritarian about it... i have plenty of good ideas  ;D   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
Survey says . . .

Survey Indicates Conservative Talk Radio Listeners Better Informed
The Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports teamed up on survey
Published May 20, 2021
By Ryan Hedrick

A new survey from the Heartland Institute reveals that conservative talk-radio listeners are better informed on key news issues than those who watch or listen to other news sources.

The results of the survey were discussed on the Glenn Beck Show Tuesday during a conversation with Justin Haskins, Editorial director at the Heartland Institute. The think tank teamed up with Rasmussen Reports.

“Talk radio is actually the audience that was most likely to get these questions right above all other kinds of categories,” Haskins said. “But generally speaking, all conservative media way outperformed these liberal outlets.”

Haskins said most of the people polled regularly watch left-leaning networks like CNN and MSNBC.

“What we found was, overwhelmingly, in the vast majority of questions that we asked, the people who watch NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and MSNBC regularly, who identified those as their favorite network, were far more likely to get questions about facts wrong — in some cases, wildly wrong, compared to people who watch conservative media television, and especially those who get most of their news from talk radio,” Haskins said.

You can view the full results of the poll here.

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/05/20/survey-indicates-conservative-talk-radio-listeners-better-informed/?fbclid=IwAR1tYZaviJAtInIzAs_2o7IxYn3gXKMNz1TPxK4JSeJn7p0k_lkFwBsG6uU

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »
“What we found was, overwhelmingly, in the vast majority of questions that we asked, the people who watch NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and MSNBC regularly, who identified those as their favorite network, were far more likely to get questions about facts wrong — in some cases, wildly wrong, compared to people who watch conservative media television, and especially those who get most of their news from talk radio,” Haskins said.

Makes sense because they are propaganda outlets.

I don't think the Conservative stations are that much better, but they generally don't skew the facts and tell you how to think and feel.

The news is supposed to be "objective" and that is not true at all in the Liberal media. They will spend 15 minutes convincing you to feel a certain way before they even share the facts with you, which are typically skewed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2021, 02:38:35 PM »
Makes sense because they are propaganda outlets.

I don't think the Conservative stations are that much better, but they generally don't skew the facts and tell you how to think and feel.

The news is supposed to be "objective" and that is not true at all in the Liberal media. They will spend 15 minutes convincing you to feel a certain way before they even share the facts with you, which are typically skewed.

Yeah I agree.  I don't trust any single "news" source, but there is definitely a spectrum. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2021, 03:02:34 PM »
Survey says . . .

Survey Indicates Conservative Talk Radio Listeners Better Informed
The Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports teamed up on survey
Published May 20, 2021
By Ryan Hedrick

A new survey from the Heartland Institute reveals that conservative talk-radio listeners are better informed on key news issues than those who watch or listen to other news sources.

The results of the survey were discussed on the Glenn Beck Show Tuesday during a conversation with Justin Haskins, Editorial director at the Heartland Institute. The think tank teamed up with Rasmussen Reports.

“Talk radio is actually the audience that was most likely to get these questions right above all other kinds of categories,” Haskins said. “But generally speaking, all conservative media way outperformed these liberal outlets.”

Haskins said most of the people polled regularly watch left-leaning networks like CNN and MSNBC.

You can view the full results of the poll here.

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/05/20/survey-indicates-conservative-talk-radio-listeners-better-informed/?fbclid=IwAR1tYZaviJAtInIzAs_2o7IxYn3gXKMNz1TPxK4JSeJn7p0k_lkFwBsG6uU

I absolutely never have listened to talk radio, rarely conservative media and only occasionally CNN. I prefer print media.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2021, 03:13:24 PM »

Very soon DEMENTIA Joe is meeting Mr.Putin FACE-TO-FACE  ;D , so we will see who is smarter  ;D ;D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »
I absolutely never have listened to talk radio, rarely conservative media and only occasionally CNN. I prefer print media.

That is so 1980s.  lol  Print media is yesterday's news.  The information age changed everything. 

You'll be smarter and better informed if you listened to talk radio and podcasts. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2021, 03:50:41 PM »
That is so 1980s.  lol  Print media is yesterday's news.  The information age changed everything. 

You'll be smarter and better informed if you listened to talk radio and podcasts.

Thanks for the advice. Is it factual or your opinion?

I will stick with what works for me. When I want opinions on issues, I read them in the opinion section of the newspaper rather then have some A-hole talk show host act like their opinions are actually facts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »
Yeah I agree.  I don't trust any single "news" source, but there is definitely a spectrum.

Both sides show bias, but it's easier to spot on the conservative side.

The difference is that the liberal media really hurt themselves by the outright lying during the Trump administration, or reporting  every little negative thing as if was true.

Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2021, 04:02:41 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Is it factual or your opinion?

I will stick with what works for me. When I want opinions on issues, I read them in the opinion section of the newspaper rather then have some A-hole talk show host act like their opinions are actually facts.

It's a fact that if you expose yourself to intelligent and informative conversation that you will become a smarter and more informed person.  Unless you have some kind of mental defect.  Or are blinded by partisanship.  Or suffer from TDS . . . .

I honestly don't care what you decide to do.  You do you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2021, 04:05:28 PM »
Both sides show bias, but it's easier to spot on the conservative side.

The difference is that the liberal media really hurt themselves by the outright lying during the Trump administration, or reporting  every little negative thing as if was true.

I agree.  Conservative talking heads acknowledge they are conservative.  Liberals claim to be unbiased. 

Don't know if you've ever seen this (I think I created a thread about it?) but Sharyl Attkisson had a running list of false news stories during Trump's presidency.  Egregious. 

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/04/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
It's a fact that if you expose yourself to intelligent and informative conversation that you will become a smarter and more informed person.  Unless you have some kind of mental defect.  Or are blinded by partisanship.  Or suffer from TDS . . . .

I honestly don't care what you decide to do.  You do you.

Are you partisan?
Do you suffer BDS?
I'm too nice a guy to ask you about mental defects which might be interpreted as my thinking you are mentally defective.

How do you personally go about deciding whose conversations are intelligent and informative and who is bullshitting you? Can you honestly state that you are able to listen to a variety of perspectives, covering all sides of an issue with an unbiased and completely open mind?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
I agree.  Conservatives talking heads acknowledge they are conservative.  Liberals claim to be unbiased. 

Don't know if you've ever seen this (I think I created a thread about it?) but Sharyl Attkisson had a running list of false news stories during Trump's presidency.  Egregious. 

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/04/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

I will read through that.

The onslaught from the media really was unprecedented.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
I will read through that.

The onslaught from the media really was unprecedented.

Yeah check it out.  Eyeopening.  It's easy to forget just how blatant and pervasive the reporting was, particularly because the correction is never as loud as the false report.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2021, 04:43:57 PM »
Are you partisan?
Do you suffer BDS?
I'm too nice a guy to ask you about mental defects which might be interpreted as my thinking you are mentally defective.

How do you personally go about deciding whose conversations are intelligent and informative and who is bullshitting you? Can you honestly state that you are able to listen to a variety of perspectives, covering all sides of an issue with an unbiased and completely open mind?

I find out who is smart by actually listening to them and deciding whether or not I think they are honest and informative.  Being entertaining is a bonus. 

What I don't do is label something I've never listened to or know anything about as "some A-hole talk show host act like their opinions are actually facts."

And I understand the difference between opinion and hard news.