Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 119063 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
To me, Pope Francis is to Roman Catholicism what Joel Osteen is to Christianity.  Both appear to love God, but I can't help but feel they love pleasing people even more.
What do you feel about what Pope Francis said?

the trainer

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
Says the highschool dropout.

Here we have another brainwash sheep, college is a waste of time and money you can get all your knowledge from da streets to make all the money you want.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
To me, Pope Francis is to Roman Catholicism what Joel Osteen is to Christianity.  Both appear to love God, but I can't help but feel they love pleasing people even more.
This. And only to the unobservant which a lot of people are apparently judging by Osteens following.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
“He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment.”

Why would god do that? why would he care? BTW if the bible which is suposed to be god's voice is perfect, how come dumbass pope has to re explain it to morons? Isnt he the same pope who recently said homos had their place in catholicism ? Fact is christian religion is in a state of complete deliquessence.

More and more people are abandonning christianism, portestants or catholics, than ever, to embrace atheism. Christianism is dying, it's too late.
So is judaism, as israelis are getting outnumbered by arabs in their own land.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »
Who still listens to crossdressing religious "leaders" these days?  Hahahaha.....

The only man wearing a dress that I'll listen to is Bruce Jenner  ;D

the trainer

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
Who still listens to crossdressing religious "leaders" these days?  Hahahaha.....

This is the only man in a dress that I listen to.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:50 PM »
Full article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/10/28/pope-francis-backs-theory-of-evolution-says-god-is-no-wizard/

Delivering an address to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Pope Francis continued his habit of making provocative, seemingly progressive statements. The pontiff appeared to endorse the theory of the Big Bang and told the gathering at the Vatican that there was no contradiction between believing in God as well as the prevailing scientific theories regarding the expansion of our universe.

“When we read about creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said. “He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment.”

The pope avoids gesturing at the thorny issue (at least for some Christians) of whether humans descended from apes. Atheists argue, moreover, that understanding the Big Bang and what emerged from that cosmic moment obviates a need to believe in a deity. On that count, Francis obviously disagrees. He repeated the idea of God not being a “magician,” an entity that conjured all into being.

“God is not... a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life,” Francis said. “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

In other words, to borrow from an earlier Enlightenment idea, God is more a clockmaker than a conjurer of miracles.

Creating the universe and two sinners was fairly magical, no?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 01:24:57 PM »
There are a lot of closeted atheists that work in the church. Usually the higher ups that make a lot of money. They want to keep their income so continue to tow the company line.

Like a hotshot salesman for a large corporation who secretly doesn't like the product they sell.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »
Francis is a sellout kunt - I don't believe in the 6000er timeline either but the Pope has some obligations to fulfill.  >:(

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 01:32:22 PM »
There are a lot of closeted atheists that work in the church. Usually the higher ups that make a lot of money. They want to keep their income so continue to tow the company line.

Like a hotshot salesman for a large corporation who secretly doesn't like the product they sell.

/end of thread.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »
Francis says: "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation."

I thought god created humans in his image?

Where do the apes fit in the equation?

Or is Francis going to make up his own theory on that as well?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »
its not a new thing for catholic's to be allowed to believe in evolution, its not saying god did not create the world after all just dismissing the 7 day creationist story which protestants have to adamantly believe.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »
if pope francis ever read darwin he s in for a rude awakening lol.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »
Why would god do that? why would he care? BTW if the bible which is suposed to be god's voice is perfect, how come dumbass pope has to re explain it to morons? Isnt he the same pope who recently said homos had their place in catholicism ? Fact is christian religion is in a state of complete deliquessence.

More and more people are abandonning christianism, portestants or catholics, than ever, to embrace atheism. Christianism is dying, it's too late.
So is judaism, as israelis are getting outnumbered by arabs in their own land.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 02:18:09 PM »
its not a new thing for catholic's to be allowed to believe in evolution, its not saying god did not create the world after all just dismissing the 7 day creationist story which protestants have to adamantly believe.

Ro, honest question. No sarcastic or disrespectful replies from me, promise.

I know you're very spiritual, and with the meditation and enlightenment, etc., I'm assuming Buddhist, or at least elements of Buddhism. But I also heard you slam someone as "Godless," which kinda confused me, as Buddhism, to my understanding at least, isn't so much about a god or gods.

Question: Have you adopted a personalized spirituality which utilizes beliefs and practices from one or more religions, philosophies, etc., and how do you define God?

Thanks, seriously curious.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »

Can you prove that god does not exist no you cant so shut the fuck up.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »

Can you prove that god does not exist no you cant so shut the fuck up.

I don`t have to.  You make the claim it exists, you have to prove it.

Kinda like your physique and your pictures.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »
It's funny that the most powerful Christian leader on earth says that god is neither a wizard or a magician. That's strange. I thought this is exactly what he is supposed to be. Isn't he the one who "snapped his fingers" and created the universe, and everything in it? The Vatican is not stupid. They notice that it is harder and harder to pass off fairytales (as truth).

Right on the mark.

Lots of good commentary in this thread.

As another member says, the time when "God" (Jesus, whoever) is seen as no more real than, say, Odin, is fast (relatively speaking) approaching.

The horseshit fairy tales can only exist for so long in a world that is snowballing towards mindboggling eras of scientific/technical enlightenment.

The moronic and diseased Islam might be the last real bastion for the truly mentally ill, it would seem.

Those who crave belief in SOMETHING, because of fear, arrogance (" ... but I CAN'T die!") and the need to submit will be lost to unchecked insanity, diving from rooftops by the thousands.

Perfect.  :D

"God" = what a joke.  

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
Ro, honest question. No sarcastic or disrespectful replies from me, promise.

I know you're very spiritual, and with the meditation and enlightenment, etc., I'm assuming Buddhist, or at least elements of Buddhism. But I also heard you slam someone as "Godless," which kinda confused me, as Buddhism, to my understanding at least, isn't so much about a god or gods.

Question: Have you adopted a personalized spirituality which utilizes beliefs and practices from one or more religions, philosophies, etc., and how do you define God?

Thanks, seriously curious.

did I say godless? I don't mind if people want to live without belief or experience of what I consider to be God, it annoys me when atheists make it their life mission to prove the non existence of such things. As it annoys me when theists of whatever religion make it their goal to convince and convert.

To me spirituality comes with being alive its not something to pick up from this or that religion or path as much as it comes with this body, breath and mind.

God to me would be what one experiences in profound meditation and devotion, inseparable from nirvana, samadhi, mystic union.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »

Simple minded people pathologically incapable of critical thinking and would fight tooth and nail to defend their indoctrination.

'God' in the Christian world will be dead in 50 years.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »
I don`t have to. You make the claim it exists, you have to prove it.

No kidding. A person suggesting there is a man in the sky, but with no proof of such, is the one with the burden to find proof. Not the folks who remain grounded in reality.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
did I say godless? I don't mind if people want to live without belief or experience of what I consider to be God, it annoys me when atheists make it their life mission to prove the non existence of such things. As it annoys me when theists of whatever religion make it their goal to convince and convert.

To me spirituality comes with being alive its not something to pick up from this or that religion or path as much as it comes with this body, breath and mind.

God to me would be what one experiences in profound meditation and devotion, inseparable from nirvana, samadhi, mystic union.
Oh, I get it.  A moron like you does not like skepticism and the Scientific Method where ideas and evidence and claims are always challenged and scrutinized in order to cast false information aside, getting to truth and sound principles.

People like you are the reason why bad ideas, like Islam can spread because you believe they shouldn`t be checked.  

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2014, 02:39:46 PM »

Amazing man.

But in the end; you live, you work, you lift, you shit, you procreate,  you die.

Everything else you convince yourself of is just to keep yourself busy and engaged until the die you die and the next person takes your place.

That's really all there is.