Author Topic: Tip for gay waitress  (Read 13508 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Tip for gay waitress
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:51 PM »
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte waitress is speaking out after a group of women left her a Bible verse on their bill in lieu of a tip, according to WBTV.

Alexandra Judd, who is gay, said the women she served at Zada Janes Tuesday morning left her a “hateful message.”

Instead of tipping the waitress, the women wrote Leviticus 20:13 on the tip line.

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination,” the King James version of the verse reads. “They shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

At the very bottom of the receipt, there was also a message that said, “Praying for you!”

Judd said she was extremely hurt by the note.

“I never expected a hateful gesture like this,” Judd told WBTV. “I’ve had a guest leave me a pamphlet to their church as a tip one time, but I didn’t feel as if they were being hateful toward me. The ladies that came in were very rude, and would hardly talk to me – but I never expected this.”

Friends and co-workers have shared their anger and frustration in the comments section of Judd’s Facebook post about the incident.

One commenter wrote, “That’s probably the most unchristian thing she could have done. Whatever happened to ‘Love thy neighbor as you love thyself?'”

While another jokingly offered a solution saying, “My boyfriend said he would’ve added $20.13 to the total and when they called say, ‘that’s what was written on the tip line ma’am.'”

Judd wrote on Facebook that this is the most disrespectful thing someone could have done. In her post, she said, “Don’t pray for me darling, I have everything I could possibly want and need in my life.”

http://myfox8.com/2016/04/15/gay-waitress-says-customers-left-bible-verse-in-lieu-of-tip-at-nc-restaurant/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tip for gay waitress
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »
Pretty outrageous if true. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:50:48 PM »
Pretty outrageous if true. 

Just playing devil's advocate here but why? Aren't the women who allegedly left the tip entitled to leave any amount they want, including zero? And surely, you can't condemn praying for someone and trying to save them from what is, according to their sincerely held beliefs, hell.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »
Women were created by God to be penetrated by men.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:24:23 AM »
Just playing devil's advocate here but why? Aren't the women who allegedly left the tip entitled to leave any amount they want, including zero? And surely, you can't condemn praying for someone and trying to save them from what is, according to their sincerely held beliefs, hell.

Because it's rude, mean spirited, and completely unnecessary.  You think this kind of thing is appropriate? 

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:48:15 AM »
Inappropriate, rude, but not hateful. If she deserved a tip, no class. This is absolutely a non Christian thing to do and not a way to bring people to Christ. They also Biblically may be held responsible by Christ for turning her away from Christ.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:25:53 PM »
She chooses to be gay and a shitty waitress...just getting what she deserved.

Hope this helps.

K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 12:51:58 PM »
Inappropriate, rude, but not hateful. If she deserved a tip, no class. This is absolutely a non Christian thing to do and not a way to bring people to Christ. They also Biblically may be held responsible by Christ for turning her away from Christ.

Good points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
its very getbigger though

That's not a good thing.  Message board conduct does not translate into real life very well. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »
I just choose to tip whether they deserve it or not.  I figure they can use the cash more than me.  A bad tip for me is 15%.  An average tip is 20-25%.  A big tip can be anything from +25% to +100% of the bill.

Would I leave scripture behind?  Sure.  I don't normally, but I would.

I think educating folks about sin is extremely important though.  Is there a better method to go about it?  Probably.  Would it make the person in sin any less angry.  Probably not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »
I just choose to tip whether they deserve it or not.  I figure they can use the cash more than me.  A bad tip for me is 15%.  An average tip is 20-25%.  A big tip can be anything from +25% to +100% of the bill.

Would I leave scripture behind?  Sure.  I don't normally, but I would.

I think educating folks about sin is extremely important though.  Is there a better method to go about it?  Probably.  Would it make the person in sin any less angry.  Probably not.

I'm the same way with tips and their amounts. 

But I would never leave any kind of scripture on a tip.  I seriously doubt that kind of tactic would have a positive impact on someone.  People don't change their minds or conduct based on that kind of in your face move from strangers.  Honestly, it's really offensive IMO. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 03:02:52 PM »
I'm the same way with tips and their amounts.  

But I would never leave any kind of scripture on a tip.  I seriously doubt that kind of tactic would have a positive impact on someone.  People don't change their minds or conduct based on that kind of in your face move from strangers.  Honestly, it's really offensive IMO.  

I place articles on this board about sins and it enrages folks.  I haven't called anyone out specifically....just discussed sin.  The scripture convicts folks in their sin and often they lash out.  I've spoken with a super cheery demeanor that is far less direct and I've been much more direct and it hasn't changed the amount of hatred experienced or the ridicule experienced one bit.

People just hate being confronted with their sin.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
is it your place to facilitate that confrontation ?

yes

K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 04:33:44 PM »
I place articles on this board about sins and it enrages folks.  I haven't called anyone out specifically....just discussed sin.  The scripture convicts folks in their sin and often they lash out.  I've spoken with a super cheery demeanor that is far less direct and I've been much more direct and it hasn't changed the amount of hatred experienced or the ridicule experienced one bit.

People just hate being confronted with their sin.

Isn't conviction a very personal thing that takes place in someone's mind/heart?  How can you be sure that confronting a stranger has that effect? 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
“Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive. Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
It wasn't even a hateful message, holy shit

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
Because it's rude, mean spirited, and completely unnecessary.  You think this kind of thing is appropriate? 

I do think it is rude, mean spirited, unnecessary and, to be blunt, very un-Christian.

Is it appropriate? I don't think so. But someone else might, and I don't think others are obligated to use me as their guide for what is and isn't appropriate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
I do think it is rude, mean spirited, unnecessary and, to be blunt, very un-Christian.

Is it appropriate? I don't think so. But someone else might, and I don't think others are obligated to use me as their guide for what is and isn't appropriate.

Why not?  Society helps determine what is offensive.  You are part of society. 

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »

Nope, it's none of those things