Author Topic: WWE Extreme Rules - Picks  (Read 4973 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WWE Extreme Rules - Picks
« on: July 14, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
I'm still taken aback on this whole thing with Mr. Olympia, Shawn Rhoden, being charged with rape. But, anyway, Extreme Rules is tonight. So, just off the top of the dome, here are my picks.

Mixed Tag Team Match - Winner Take All - Universal and Raw Women's Championships: Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans.

With Heyman promising (yet again) that Brock Lesnar is going to cash his MITB briefcase on either Rollins or Kingston, that supposedly draws some interest. I may kick myself for this later, but I think (mainly because of Evans, they will let Corbin and Evans win the titles).

WWE World Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe. It seems all you have to do is jump Kingston after a match and you get a title shot. That's how Owens, Ziggler, and now Samoa Joe got their shots. I don't think Joe is ready yet. Kingston retains......but I have a feeling Lesnar will cash on him instead of Rollins.

United States Championship: Ricochet (c) vs. AJ Styles. Styles and his Club buddies are back together as heels. That's bad news for the young blood. Styles wins the US title

Intercontinental Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. This is a feud with some potential. Funaki 2.0 pinned Balor in  a non-title Smackdown match. Now, I don't think Balor is going into Demon mode for this one, but I think he retains all the same. They can string this out to SummerSlam, at least.

Smackdown Tag Team Championships: "The Planet's Champions ('The New' Daniel Bryan and Eric Rowan) vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery. I'd really like to see Heavy Machinery get this. But, there's still much mileage from a Daniel Bryan-New Day feud, with Bryan ultimately getting another crack at Kingston (if he's still WWE world champion). So, Bryan and Rowan retain.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. Another case of kicking myself later, but Bayley retains and we get a Cross-Bliss feud.

Last Man Standing Match: Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman. I'll go with Lashley. I've all but given up on WWE doing anything major with Strowman. So, Lashley will exploit Strowman's "injury" and get the win.

Raw Tag Team Championships: The Revival (c) vs. the Usos. This looks like a pre-show deal. I'll go with the Revival to retain.

No Holds Barred: Undertaker and Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre. The old big dog and the new big dog make for an interesting team. Reigns supposedly "retired" the Deadman at WM33. Yet, after that debacle in Saudi Arabia, I think Taker gets some redemption and he and Reigns go over. It's a shame, though. McIntyre, I thought, was the breakout guy this year. But, saddled to Shane, he's been jobbing almost as much as he did in 3MB.

Aleister Black vs. Cesaro: I just heard about this. It looks like another main roster vet gets to job to another NXT rookie dude. Cesaro already put over Ricochet. Now, it's time for him to lay down to black.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese. YAWN!!! Gulak retains, I guess.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Extreme Rules - Picks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
Kickoff show...IC title match. My how the mighty have fallen; this belt should never be on the kickoff show. And Balor is just himself, no Demon King.

Edit - I guess I was wrong. Nakamura wins the belt.

And Gulak retains cruiserweight title.

There's you pre-show stuff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »
Starting the PPV with TAKER and REIGNS vs. McMahon and McIntyre??? WOW!!

I thought either this match or the mixed tag match would be the main event. But, now 'Taker and Reigns are curtain-jerking?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 06:16:59 PM »
Elias interferes, doing his Honky Tonk Man routine to 'Taker. Shane-O-Mac gets in his elbow smash through the table and the coast-to-coast (with a trash can). But, then...Taker does his sit-up, goes medieval on Shane and Elias with chokeslams. McIntyre tries a Claymore Kick, only to get speared by Reigns. Shane gets tombstones and the 1-2-3 goes to Taker and Reigns. Taker then goes face-to-face with Reigns and tells him it's his (Reigns') yard.

Now, it's the Raw tag title match. Let's see if the Usos can tear down the house with a team other than New Day.

It was a pretty good match, not pre-show stuff. And the Revival keep the belt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
Next up, it's Aleister Black and Cesaro.

Pretty good match, but as usual, the new guys fresh from NXT get to beat up the main roster guys for six months or so. Black wins.

Smackdown's women's championship is up next.

Bailey retains...no breakup of Cross and Bliss...YET. Now, it's Lashley and Strowman.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »
Strowman wins an awesome match. Now, it’s the Smackdown tag titles.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 09:04:44 PM »
Much better than I expected. Heavy Machinery did the heavy lifting and stole the show. But......NEW DAY ROCKS!!!

Hey man just snatched the mike from the Smackdown reporter (light-skinned black woman) as New Day was celebrated with all the belts (for now), claiming he’ll be art of history and Lesnar will cash the case tonight.

Next up, US title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »
Club interferes; Styles wins US title. Next match......I missed this one. Ziggler and Owens.

So, now Ziggler is jobbing in mere seconds. A kick, a stunner and Owens wins. His trashing Shane lasted longer than his match.

WWE title is next on deck.......Joe dominates but misses another Coquina Clutch opportunity. One “Trouble in Paradise” later, Kingston retains..... no Lesanr cash-in.

Now, comes the mixed tag. Evans actually has Rollins’ name on her booty shorts, which she prominently displayed by bending over and sticking out her rump in front of the camera.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
Fans during this match and the WWE title match are going back and forth: “We want Lesnar” followed by much louder chants of “NO, WE DON’T!!”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 11:12:32 PM »
Well, Corbin hit Lynch with “End of Days” only to have Rollins go berserk. Chairs, sticks, and three curb stomps put down Corbin for the three count. But just as Rollins went to check on Lynch.....Lesnar shows up. He hits Rollins with two suplexes; Heyman officially cashes the case on Lesnar’s behalf. One F-5 and LESNAR IS UNIVERSAL CHAMPION.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:06 AM »
Overall I thought it was a good PPV. Much better then others past. The stars that won deserved the wins and I have no complaints over this ppv. Braun is set for a major push (thanks to Heyman) thus I can see a Strowman vs Lesner feud with Strowman being the one to stop brock in the future.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 07:00:53 AM »
Overall I thought it was a good PPV. Much better then others past. The stars that won deserved the wins and I have no complaints over this ppv. Braun is set for a major push (thanks to Heyman) thus I can see a Strowman vs Lesner feud with Strowman being the one to stop brock in the future.

I'm thinking a rematch between Lesnar and Reigns, after Reigns beat Lesnar last year for the Universal title.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 06:07:39 AM »

I'm thinking a rematch between Lesnar and Reigns, after Reigns beat Lesnar last year for the Universal title.

Looks like we were both wrong and we're getting Rollins vs Lesner at SS part 2. I'm curious if they will keep the title on brock till a future date.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 10:32:39 AM »
Looks like we were both wrong and we're getting Rollins vs Lesner at SS part 2. I'm curious if they will keep the title on brock till a future date.

More like part 3. Rollins beat Lesnar at 'Mania; Lesnar beat Rollins at Extreme Rules. This would be the proverbial rubber match.

I think Rollins gets the title back. It was clear from Extreme Rules that the fans have had their fill of the Beast. Now with the specter of MITB gone, we may get a specialty match (No DQ, Last Man Standing). I'd love to see a ladder match but Lesnar's too lazy for that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 05:42:00 AM »
More like part 3. Rollins beat Lesnar at 'Mania; Lesnar beat Rollins at Extreme Rules. This would be the proverbial rubber match.

I think Rollins gets the title back. It was clear from Extreme Rules that the fans have had their fill of the Beast. Now with the specter of MITB gone, we may get a specialty match (No DQ, Last Man Standing). I'd love to see a ladder match but Lesnar's too lazy for that.
I'm curious to see what they're going do now with the title. It would be pointless to have Seth win it back since he lost it anyways. Plus everyone is getting fed up of the corny storylines being built around his ongoing real life relationship with Lynch. She's another one too...since she's one the title she has done nothing. Only promo after same promo after same promo.