Author Topic: Sort of not working??  (Read 2196 times)

stilx

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Sort of not working??
« on: August 23, 2023, 06:18:19 AM »
Hi Guys,

After a bit of advice. I've been on test in one way or another for the best part of the last few years. In that time I've put on quite a bit of size/weight but my arms haven't grown? I've put on approx 2st with my body fat staying the same or maybe even reducing a little (around 17%). I train arms as much as anything else but they just don't seem to get any bigger? (They are around 17.25")

I'm a pretty big guy, I'm 6ft 9" and around 300lb. The test is obviously working in regards to getting bigger in general but I can't fathom why my arms won't grow?

I average around 600mg of test a week, sometimes a bit more.

Any ideas? Thanks.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Sort of not working??
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 02:56:49 PM »
Try more cable work.
T

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 06:11:52 PM »
Probably you don't have the genetics for it.

My arms have always been a weakness, but i was able to grow my triceps quite a bit by doing more volume and higher reps; lots of super sets. My triceps seem to respond to a lot of volume, while the rest of my body responds best to less volume and heavy weight. Try some heavy dips too and not the machine, real dips with added weight.

Also, need to make sure you are eating for growth.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 12:31:30 PM »
 :D

Relentless458

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 05:32:44 AM »
Few factors come to play.....

Either your just not genetically gifted for big arms or your work ethic sucks or you are not eating correctly or you just straight up suck at life and just stick to being tall and goofy

Plate Smacker

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 02:43:17 PM »
It will take some time. Set your eyes on "what can I do in 6 months".
My Biceps wouldn't grow. Triceps were fine. This is what I did.
Again, be patient, will take time.

You need arm day separate from back to add another dose of stimulation.
Back and Rear Delts
Chest and Side Delts
Arms
Legs

Arm day:
1 Bicep Exercise
2 Tricep Exercises

Triceps: Train triceps first. This will get the arm pumped up and make you feel stronger
and more stable platform.
Choose any 2 exercises you wish.

Biceps: you will become best friends with Standing Alternating Bicep Curl
That is the only Exercise you will do.
"Wait, what about elbow behind centerline of body to stretch out long head putting it at a mechanical disadvantage so I can work on my peak?"
How about we just get some Biceps first, then concern ourselves with intricacies.
The Alternating Bicep Curl will also train the forearms to a higher degree. Since you are holding the Dumbbell and Alternating, the set is extended and you are holding Dumbbell for a long time.
I lean to the side I am curling slightly. Some body English is fine. No need to be a stiff robot.
On your last 2 sets, use wrist straps and strap into Dumbbell if forearm grip is giving out.

Sets and Reps...
8-11 Working Sets (not including warmup sets) Think Sam Sulek or go watch one of his arm day videos in a Bulk where he only spams Alternating Bicep Curls. His first bulk was 11 sets. This bulk he is experimenting with lower 8 sets) if doing straight sets. Rest is 1 minute. I use my Echo Dot from Amazon and say... "Echo, set a one minute timer". Once it goes off, I say "Echo Cancel" and the echo dot shuts up.
On Triceps, since doing 2 exercises, split working sets between those 2 exercises.
Reps: 10-20... change it up however.
I do 5 Straight Sets at 1RIR (reps in reserve). Rest 5 minutes. Then do a Myo Rep Set (rest pause intensification set). It's an extended set. Research it. I use 15-20 reps scheme for Myo Reps.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
It will take some time. Set your eyes on "what can I do in 6 months".
My Biceps wouldn't grow. Triceps were fine. This is what I did.
Again, be patient, will take time.

You need arm day separate from back to add another dose of stimulation.
Back and Rear Delts
Chest and Side Delts
Arms
Legs

Arm day:
1 Bicep Exercise
2 Tricep Exercises

Triceps: Train triceps first. This will get the arm pumped up and make you feel stronger
and more stable platform.
Choose any 2 exercises you wish.

Biceps: you will become best friends with Standing Alternating Bicep Curl
That is the only Exercise you will do.
"Wait, what about elbow behind centerline of body to stretch out long head putting it at a mechanical disadvantage so I can work on my peak?"
How about we just get some Biceps first, then concern ourselves with intricacies.
The Alternating Bicep Curl will also train the forearms to a higher degree. Since you are holding the Dumbbell and Alternating, the set is extended and you are holding Dumbbell for a long time.
I lean to the side I am curling slightly. Some body English is fine. No need to be a stiff robot.
On your last 2 sets, use wrist straps and strap into Dumbbell if forearm grip is giving out.

Sets and Reps...
8-11 Working Sets (not including warmup sets) Think Sam Sulek or go watch one of his arm day videos in a Bulk where he only spams Alternating Bicep Curls. His first bulk was 11 sets. This bulk he is experimenting with lower 8 sets) if doing straight sets. Rest is 1 minute. I use my Echo Dot from Amazon and say... "Echo, set a one minute timer". Once it goes off, I say "Echo Cancel" and the echo dot shuts up.

Reps: 10-20... change it up however.
I do 5 Straight Sets at 1RIR (reps in reserve). Rest 5 minutes. Then do a Myo Rep Set (rest pause intensification set). It's an extended set. Research it. I use 15-20 reps scheme for Myo Reps.

welcome Dr. Mike good to see you here brother 8)

Plate Smacker

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 07:11:06 PM »
welcome Dr. Mike good to see you here brother 8)
Niiice... lol... Dr. Mike Israetel reference, sarcasm I presume because of
RIR
Not him I assure you. My same username is on other boards.