Author Topic: Derek Chauvin trial Verdict on Floyd death.  (Read 16805 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Derek Chauvin is going to get acquitted.
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2021, 06:28:27 PM »
Donny believed you had him banned a couple of times.

Of course none of your posts are stupid, right?
Donny was never very smart.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Derek Chauvin trial Verdict on Floyd death.
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
So why did President Biden and VP Harris say this was a racist act??

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison made his case for why George Floyd’s death was not charged as a hate crime, arguing that systemic racism, not individual racial motivation, was at work when former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes.

In an interview with “60 Minutes” that aired on Sunday, CBS’s Scott Pelley asked Ellison if he thought Floyd’s death was a hate crime. After a brief pause, Ellison responded it wasn't.

“I wouldn't call it that because hate crimes are crimes where there's an explicit motive, and of bias,” Ellison said. “We don't have any evidence that Derek Chauvin factored in George Floyd's race as he did what he did.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/550211-minnesota-ag-explains-why-floyd-death-not-charged-as-hate-crime

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2021, 04:41:49 AM »
No kidding.

Alternate juror has already stated they feared doxxing/rioting and it likely influenced decision.

Cop needed punishment for sure, but have to wonder if, under normal circumstances, the drug aspect would have been enough to cause reasonable doubt and reduce the conviction to manslaughter.

I had to look this up because I found it surprising.  She said that PRIOR to the trial  she was worried about how different sides would react to the outcome, but during the course of the trial she became positive of his guilt. She said that she didn't think his lawyers did a good job and the video portrayed him as the ringleader whose actions resulted in  Floyd's death and she couldn't understand why he made those decisions.  Nothing about her statement says that she thinks fear of doxxing or rioting influenced the other jurors' decision. She's very clear that she would have voted guilty had she been a seated juror.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2021, 08:48:10 PM »
I had to look this up because I found it surprising.  She said that PRIOR to the trial  she was worried about how different sides would react to the outcome, but during the course of the trial she became positive of his guilt. She said that she didn't think his lawyers did a good job and the video portrayed him as the ringleader whose actions resulted in  Floyd's death and she couldn't understand why he made those decisions.  Nothing about her statement says that she thinks fear of doxxing or rioting influenced the other jurors' decision. She's very clear that she would have voted guilty had she been a seated juror.

I'm shocked that someone read a headline of an article and formed a conclusion. But I would be more shocked if G.A. admitted they didn't do their homework 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »
I'm shocked that someone read a headline of an article and formed a conclusion. But I would be more shocked if G.A. admitted they didn't do their homework

I read the article.

An alternate juror in the Derek Chauvin murder trial said she was relieved she wasn’t on the jury because she was “worried” about how people would react to the verdict — but she added that she “felt he was guilty.”

If she felt that way after the verdict, there is no telling how she would have acted in the moment.  It's Monday morning QBing. By saying this, she's could easily be the type of someone who chokes under pressure when they're playing the game.  And there's no way she would ever say she didn't think he was guilty.  Nobody would.

But also: I've given plenty of reasonable, non combative answers to questions you've poised, and you ignore or disappear.

But if you think you see low hanging fruit, there you are.
Y

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »
Here is a link to the full interview with the reporter who conducted it:
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/derek-chauvin-trial-alternate-juror-lisa-christensen/89-97b74eb1-c875-4ed5-93ad-5c72620b9f18

She was asked about filling out the pre-trial questionnaire for jurors:
Raguse: Did you want to be a juror?

Christensen: I had mixed feelings. There was a question on the questionnaire about it and I put I did not know. The reason, at that time, was I did not know what the outcome was going to be, so I felt like either way you are going to disappoint one group or the other. I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict.

She found out she was an alternate when the case went to the jury. She was asked about when she was dismissed:

Raguse: You were an alternate, but would you have voted guilty or not guilty?

Christensen: I would have voted guilty. However, at the end the judge did read us the rules for deliberation, but it was quick, and I could not absorb it. I would have said guilty on some level. After I was excused, I did not look at the jury instructions any longer. I do not know how hard that process was, but I feel like Chauvin is responsible for Mr. Floyd’s death.

Also:
Raguse: Were you disappointed when you found out that you were an alternate?

Christensen: I was. I spent three weeks of my time, getting invested and going through all kinds of emotions. My heart broke a little when he turned and said, “Number 96, you’re an alternate."

Mileage may vary and all that, but she does not sound wishy-washy about her stance on his guilt to me, nor does she sound like she was relieved to have not been picked.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »
So why did President Biden and VP Harris say this was a racist act??

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison made his case for why George Floyd’s death was not charged as a hate crime, arguing that systemic racism, not individual racial motivation, was at work when former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes.

In an interview with “60 Minutes” that aired on Sunday, CBS’s Scott Pelley asked Ellison if he thought Floyd’s death was a hate crime. After a brief pause, Ellison responded it wasn't.

“I wouldn't call it that because hate crimes are crimes where there's an explicit motive, and of bias,” Ellison said. “We don't have any evidence that Derek Chauvin factored in George Floyd's race as he did what he did.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/550211-minnesota-ag-explains-why-floyd-death-not-charged-as-hate-crime

Systemic racism is racist.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2021, 06:13:53 PM »

Mileage may vary and all that, but she does not sound wishy-washy about her stance on his guilt to me, nor does she sound like she was relieved to have not been picked.

YMMV for sure, but your conclusion goes against what the author put in the article specifically, and what's in the headline.

I know in media the headline writer is different from those writing the article, but both specifically state she was relieved not to have been picked.

Perhaps the interviewer drew that conclusion based on what was garnered from the conversation?  They don't print verbatim what the interviewee states.
Y

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

Perhaps the interviewer drew that conclusion based on what was garnered from the conversation?  They don't print verbatim what the interviewee states.

??? I linked to the entire interview in her words, verbatim and reposted excerpts of her exact words in my last post. I was being sarcastic when I said YMMV.  She is very clear about why she thinks Chauvin is guilty and that she would have voted guilty if she had the opportunity.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2021, 05:12:37 AM »
??? I linked to the entire interview in her words, verbatim and reposted excerpts of her exact words in my last post. I was being sarcastic when I said YMMV.  She is very clear about why she thinks Chauvin is guilty and that she would have voted guilty if she had the opportunity.

I totally missed that link and only skimmed your quotes and didn't realize it was a different interview, so that's my bad.

The Post's article says her interview was on CBS This Morning....yours says Kare 11.

Regardless, the link you posted offers much more than the Post article did.

The one telling thing she said there was this:

I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict.

To me that tells me she had concerns, and could have also choked if she was in the game, rather than sitting on the bench.

And to reiterate, my angle was never whether Chauvin was guilty or not, he is.  I was just wondering, out loud in real time on a message board, if he would get manslaughter on a non-high profile case.
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2021, 09:22:28 AM »
I'm shocked you made a snide remark and then ran away instead of engaging.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »
Systemic racism is racist.

How do you define systemic racism and how do you think it applies to this case?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2021, 01:20:37 PM »
How do you define systemic racism and how do you think it applies to this case?

No matter how you or I define it, systemic racism is still racism and/or racist. If you seek an absolute definition for the phrase 'systemic racism', you will discover the it is not easily defined and is in fact open to a variety of interpretations or definitions.

definition of racism:

Noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

he belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

definition of racist:

Adjective
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Noun
a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2021, 02:37:44 PM »
No matter how you or I define it, systemic racism is still racism and/or racist. If you seek an absolute definition for the phrase 'systemic racism', you will discover the it is not easily defined and is in fact open to a variety of interpretations or definitions.

definition of racism:

Noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

he belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

definition of racist:

Adjective
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Noun
a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

You just gave me definitions of racism and racist.  The phrase you used was "systemic racism." 

How are you defining that phrase?  And how do you think it applies to this case? 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2021, 06:46:59 PM »

definition of racism:

Noun

definition of racist:

Adjective

Noun

You need to go look in a mirror, Dorian.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2021, 11:17:14 PM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/report-floyd-juror-wore-blm-shirt-referencing-floyd-in-july-challenging-what-he-told-defense-during-jury-selection?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1X_y5g9nE9zjTi4nQ0GC-V1rpjXuvSXXQUUgbcVd-0Mmr0Ho4nOagv1c4

>:( :(

What a fucking idiot this juror is.  With Kerosene Maxine Waters and President Biden's pre-verdict comments and this, the appeal seems inevitable.  This could have been in our collective rear-view mirror, but no, shit's gonna drag on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »
Why did the defense attorney allow this juror through in the first place?

Article explains it.

Issue is he may have lied during questioning.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2021, 02:47:12 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Derek Chauvin files motion for new trial in George Floyd case, alleging jury misconduct
Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, filed the request alleging that the former officer's ability to have a fair trial was affected by pretrial publicity.
May 4, 2021
By Doha Madani
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/derek-chauvin-files-motion-new-trial-george-floyd-case-alleging-n1266341?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0zc9vXRo7tHdCe9IG1xrrHLcaRGsa31jGZecY8mkRKK_jKrknLRrf2WTI

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:43 PM »
Derek Chauvin files motion for new trial in George Floyd case, alleging jury misconduct
Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, filed the request alleging that the former officer's ability to have a fair trial was affected by pretrial publicity.
May 4, 2021
By Doha Madani
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/derek-chauvin-files-motion-new-trial-george-floyd-case-alleging-n1266341?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0zc9vXRo7tHdCe9IG1xrrHLcaRGsa31jGZecY8mkRKK_jKrknLRrf2WTI

That's true.

It was definitely negatively impacted by publicity.

I don't think he can have a fair trial at this point.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2021, 04:19:01 PM »
May 4, 2021
By Doha Madani

Another year of mostly peaceful protests.

DOJ might pursue a civil rights case.