Author Topic: Better get your vaccinations...oh wait  (Read 17916 times)

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Better get your vaccinations...oh wait
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2021, 06:30:19 PM »
Covid will hit Australia sooner or later, all thats happening is they are prolonging the inevitable.
Yes we are on borrowed time. The government plan to cut in half the travellers entering Australia. So in other words make this country even more of a fortress. The delta variant has seeded out all the country. Half is in lockdown. It’s really growing in Sydney. In my state which is referred to as sunny Queensland, the cases have dropped and they are ending lockdown for Townsville and magnetic island and the other south eastern areas apart from Brisbane. At any given time we can get a few hours notice and go into lockdown. Many are beyond over this strategy 18 months in.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
Yes we are on borrowed time. The government plan to cut in half the travellers entering Australia. So in other words make this country even more of a fortress. The delta variant has seeded out all the country. Half is in lockdown. It’s really growing in Sydney. In my state which is referred to as sunny Queensland, the cases have dropped and they are ending lockdown for Townsville and magnetic island and the other south eastern areas apart from Brisbane. At any given time we can get a few hours notice and go into lockdown. Many are beyond over this strategy 18 months in.

Before COVID, in 2019, tourism in Australia accounted for 3.1% of the national GDP, contributing $60.8 billion to the Australian economy. Look out for an economic downturn on top of whatever has already happened with lock-downs.

Oregon became mostly restriction free today. People were out and about everywhere I went. Most of them were not wearing masks. A local restaurant was packed with people waiting to be seated at 5:00 pm. It is going to be a wild 4th of July weekend, minus any fireworks, which were banned because of the three days of blazing hell temperatures, 117°F or 47°C that literally turned vegetation into a giant dried flower arrangement waiting for a match to blow it up.

The death toll from the those days is currently around 80 people and counting. Heat, like COVID takes out the weak and underprivileged. I just read were a few of those deaths were homeless people. Most were old folks with no air-conditioning or fans. One such person, a woman in her 80's lived in a mobile home. That would be like getting cooked alive inside a tin can.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2021, 08:27:23 PM »
Before COVID, in 2019, tourism in Australia accounted for 3.1% of the national GDP, contributing $60.8 billion to the Australian economy. Look out for an economic downturn on top of whatever has already happened with lock-downs.

Oregon became mostly restriction free today. People were out and about everywhere I went. Most of them were not wearing masks. A local restaurant was packed with people waiting to be seated at 5:00 pm. It is going to be a wild 4th of July weekend, minus any fireworks, which were banned because of the three days of blazing hell temperatures, 117°F or 47°C that literally turned vegetation into a giant dried flower arrangement waiting for a match to blow it up.

The death toll from the those days is currently around 80 people and counting. Heat, like COVID takes out the weak and underprivileged. I just read were a few of those deaths were homeless people. Most were old folks with no air-conditioning or fans. One such person, a woman in her 80's lived in a mobile home. That would be like getting cooked alive inside a tin can.

At least 30,000 years people did just fine without AC there Googlemaster. 70+ and still amazed by....hot weather...the new Covid.  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2021, 08:39:04 PM »

At least 30,000 years people did just fine without AC there Googlemaster. 70+ and still amazed by....hot weather...the new Covid.  ::)

How do you know people did just fine without AC? Maybe, hoards of people died when there was a heatwave of this magnitude? Are you saying life was great 30,000 years ago when the death rate was who knows how much greater than it is today?

I'm with you, let's return to living in caves and using crude tools at an attempt to survive to the ripe old age of maybe 30 if you were one of the lucky ones. Many never made it past infancy. One other thing, back then I am pretty sure there were no vaccines for people to grouse about. So there's that.  ::) And even worse.....there was no Google.  ;D ;D ;D

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
How do you know people did just fine without AC? Maybe, hoards of people died when there was a heatwave of this magnitude? Are you saying life was great 30,000 years ago when the death rate was who knows how much greater than it is today?

I'm with you, let's return to living in caves and using crude tools at an attempt to survive to the ripe old age of maybe 30 if you were one of the lucky ones. Many never made it past infancy. One other thing, back then I am pretty sure there were no vaccines for people to grouse about. So there's that.  ::) And even worse.....there was no Google.  ;D ;D ;D

On the plus side: you would be dead

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2021, 11:55:06 PM »
On the plus side: you would be dead

Haha ouch! Oh maybe he would be living one of his past lives, the secret pole-smoker in the tribe who couldn't say anything gay for fear of being killed.

Now we have to put up with an entire month of fooking pride. A whole month! Should be a day at most.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2021, 03:41:57 AM »

We lived fine without air con here in Australia in the 80’s and 90’s. Admittedly you became grumpy and would argue with your family, but nobody died. You need to drink plenty of cold water and wear breathable material clothing. I would even train in the hot humid summers in a gym with no air con. But we had fans and the sides of the walls would open up. You would be drenched from sweating.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2021, 03:45:44 AM »

Our tourism industry is suffering without international tourists. I think the government is happy though because Aussies are spending money in Australia rather than overseas. I do agree though in that we will have a huge economic downturn especially with constant lockdowns. Sydney is probably going to be extended past their 2 week lockdown. It’s not looking too good. Where I am, some areas came out of lockdown except for Brisbane.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »

Meltdown.