Author Topic: Dustin Poirier vs. Brian Shaw [grappling].  (Read 503 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Dustin Poirier vs. Brian Shaw [grappling].
« on: June 23, 2021, 12:42:08 PM »
Freaking cool!  :o

You have Brian Shaw probably weighing 385-lb here, and Dustin presumably somewhere in the process of cutting to 155-lb [he may be 170-lb here, but I don't know exactly - I can't imagine him being anything over 190-lb at most, and my guess would be closer to 170 than 190].

I've always been curious what is the lightest top UFC fighters could be to still be able to hold their own in a fight against the biggest World's Strongest Man competitors. I think this gives some insight into that answer. With that in mind, I would be quite certain that Georges St-Pierre would beat any WSM competitor in a fight...the lightweights seem to be borderline, judging from this video...but Dustin seemed very confident here:

And for good measure, here is an interview Brian conducted with Dustin...I wonder who linked these two bosses up?:

Darren - any comment on this epic weight disparity battle?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Dustin Poirier vs. Brian Shaw [grappling].
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »
Does this mean Brian Shaw will retire from WSM and take up celebrity boxing/MMA?

I'd like a match between Shaw and Donny Osmond.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Dustin Poirier vs. Brian Shaw [grappling].
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 12:54:44 PM »
Does this mean Brian Shaw will retire from WSM and take up celebrity boxing/MMA?

I'd like a match between Shaw and Donny Osmond.

In all probability, he'd make more money doing that than he would winning WSM again.

I forgot about this video - Dustin joined Brian in his world too: