Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29669 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Gotta agree with DP here; oats are king when it comes to cheap nutrition.

With milk, oatmeal is a meal in itself.

On another note I made some chocolate & banana pancakes this morning and they were amazing...i'll post up the recipe shortly!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
9. ChocBanana Protein Pancakes – 77p/$1
(30g protein, 35g carbs, 20g fat, 440 kcals)

What you’ll need: 1 banana, 4 whole eggs, ½ cup dry oats, level teaspoon cocoa powder (sweetner once cooked if you need it)

This is pretty much the same recipe as the banana pancakes, but I added cocoa this morning and they were THE best 'fitness' food i've eaten for breakfast - I just had to share  8)

1. Simply throw everything in a blender and blitz until smooth and put a small pan on a low heat with a splash of oil/butter/low kcal spray. Pour in around 1/3 of the mixture once the pan’s hot and give it a few minutes on each side until nicely browned.

Sprinkle with sweetner and try to eat them slowly. This would actually make an amazing desert, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Cut the yolks for a low fat/lower calories option, or reduce the oats to 1/4 cup to bring it down to around 26g if dieting with low carbs. If you need 600kcals for breakfast, make enough for another pancake!

Should look something like this:

(Eggs: 15 for £1.35 Aldi, Rolled Oats: 1kg for £0.60 Aldi, Bananas: 8 for £0.69p Aldi, Cocoa: £1.00 medium box Asda)

bigmc

• Getbig V
how bout this

2 packets of golden syrup oats ready mix

half a pint of skimmed milk

and two scoops of whey

cheap high protein and tastes great
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
how bout this

2 packets of golden syrup oats ready mix

half a pint of skimmed milk

and two scoops of whey

cheap high protein and tastes great

Sounds quick and tasty, i'm guessing microwaved so no mess pretty much either!

I would estimate about 50p for the whey, 40p for 2 packs oats, and 12.5p for the milk so it just gets under a pound  ;D

Brands like quaker kill you for the premixed sachets, but off brand you can get those dirt cheap and they're handy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Sounds quick and tasty, i'm guessing microwaved so no mess pretty much either!

I would estimate about 50p for the whey, 40p for 2 packs oats, and 12.5p for the milk so it just gets under a pound  ;D

Brands like quaker kill you for the premixed sachets, but off brand you can get those dirt cheap and they're handy.

I use ready brek sometimes

its really filling if you need more than a shake

90 secs in the microwave and boom

I cook like old people fuck so needs to be simple
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
I use ready brek sometimes

its really filling if you need more than a shake

90 secs in the microwave and boom

I cook like old people fuck so needs to be simple

Lol, i'll include at least one 'bigmc' friendly recipe a week that must only include pouring, shaking, mixing and dinging  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
That's not Vince G!

bigmc

• Getbig V
Lol, i'll include at least one 'bigmc' friendly recipe a week that must only include pouring, shaking, mixing and dinging  ;D

anything with egss, chicken or tuna be good
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
anything with egss, chicken or tuna be good

Funny you say that, I have a real nice n easy Tapas style meal to post later on with tuna & eggs.....very tasty stuff and no cooking involved.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
As promised!

10. Simple Tuna, Egg & Potato Tapas – £0.99p/$1.50
(45g protein, 17g carbs, 15g fat, 440 kcals)

What you’ll need: 1 tin tuna, 2 whole eggs, 1/4 onion, 2 tomatoes, 1 cup new potatoes (could even use canned), tablespoon white vinegar, tablespoon olive oil, tablespoon lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, salt & pepper.

I first came across this Tapas recipe when we were served it alongside our drinks & fresh bread in Mijas, Spain.
My wife commented on how simple yet delicious it was, and we pretty much worked out the ingredients by taste.
Makes a great lunch to take to work, works well with rice on the side, or even a cheap way to brighten up a dinner party/meal if you have friends over.

1. If you are using fresh potatoes simply boil the potatoes until soft, and the eggs until hard boiled (hard yolks needed) quarter the potatoes and removed the skins and discard, also quarter the eggs and leave both in the bowl/container you are going to eat from.

2. Dice the onion up very small, and cut the tomatoes into eights (small triangle pieces), roughly chop the garlic and add these ingredients into the same bowl as the potatoes & egg.

3. Drain all the water/oil from the tuna until it’s pretty dry and then simply spoon the tuna into the rest of the ingredients and turn in over a few times gently (try not to break up the eggs/potatoes too much).

4. Lastly add the olive oil, white vinegar, and lemon juice along with the salt/pepper and mixed herbs and fold it all together.

5. Leave this mixture at room temperature for an hour for maximum taste! (If you’ve refridgerated overnight – let it warm up to room temp before eating).

This is delicious scooped up with fresh bread!

(Eggs: 15 for £1.35 Aldi, Tuna £0.49 Asda, New Potatoes: £0.79 500g Aldi, Lemons: 3 for £0.49 Tesco, Garlic 3 cloves for £0.49 Tesco, Tomatoes: 500g £0.95 Asda, Vinegar: £0.48 per pint Asda)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Going to be adding some cheap high calorie 'bulking' meals - let me know if any other types of meal I can do recipes for, be happy to post em up.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Going to be adding some cheap high calorie 'bulking' meals - let me know if any other types of meal I can do recipes for, be happy to post em up.

This stuff looks amazing. I would love to be a houseguest and stay in your guest room some day. It's been a dream of mine. No Homo.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
my staple meals have always been for many years

cheapest chicken  breast / tilapia /pangasius filet i can find with cheapest rice i can find and some vegetables

if you go easy on the "protein requirements" this is not too bad

also whole eggs i consume quite a big, the cheapest you can find

eating food that you couldnt find cheaper is a reassuring feeling somehow

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....

cheapest chicken  breast / tilapia /pangasius filet i can find with cheapest rice i can find and some vegetables

I've recently added pork tenderloin...its lean, cheap and tasty.

BigCyp

• Getbig V

Especially satisfying when you know OMR's paying 72 bucks per egg white  ;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
You bunch of plebs, the lot of you  :D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
You bunch of plebs, the lot of you  :D

Hahaha, calm down Andrew Mitchell  ;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Hahaha, calm down Andrew Mitchell  ;D

Haha I never said that, the police were out to get me, those fucking plebs!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
11. Reeces Style Protein Ice Cream – 90p/$1.36
(42g protein, 17g carbs, 22g fat, 410 kcals)

What you’ll need: 1 tub (300g) low fat cottage cheese, 2 generous tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tablespoon sweetener, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/4 glass milk

This low fat/low sugar ice cream couldn't be any easier, and makes the ideal night time treat. For those who are not a fan of the taste of cottage cheese, as a protein source, you literally can't make it taste any better than this.

Note: Due to the low fat content, this ice cream becomes very solid if left to freeze too long. I usually check on it a couple of time and when it's solid enough I'll stuff it down right away. If you do freeze it overnight - just take it out for a while and leave to thaw before tucking in. You could add 1 tablespoon of vodka/rum to the mix before freezing, which will keep it soft.

1. Simply throw all of the above ingredients into a blender/small puree blender and blitz until smooth as you can get it.

2. Pour into small container and freeze for around 100-120 mins.

(Cottage Cheese: 300g for £0.65 Aldi, PB: £0.62 a jar Sainsbury's, Cocoa: £1.00 a box Asda, Sweetener: £1.00 per jar Aldi)

Coming up: Raspberry Ripple flavour....

BigCyp

• Getbig V
12. Raspberry Ripple Protein Ice Cream – 73p/$1.10
(35g protein, 35g carbs, 3g fat, 310 kcals)

What you’ll need: 1 tub (300g) low fat cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon sweetener, 4 drops/1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1 generous tablespoon raspberry jam, 1/4 glass milk.

Again, this low fat/low sugar ice cream is so easy to put together, and makes a refreshing change to the usual night time protein shake.

Note: Due to the low fat content, this ice cream becomes very solid if left to freeze too long. I usually check on it a couple of time and when it's solid enough I'll stuff it down right away. If you do freeze it overnight - just take it out for a while and leave to thaw before tucking in. You could add 1 tablespoon of vodka/rum to the mix before freezing, which will keep it soft.

1. Keep the jam to one side, and throw the rest of the ingredients into a blender/small puree blender - blitz until it's smooth as you can manage.

2. Pour into the container you will use for freezing, then simply scoop a large tablespoon of raspberry jam and swirl it into the mixture (don't mix it, as you won't get any ripples through the ice cream). Freeze for around 100-120 mins.

(Cottage Cheese: 300g for £0.65 Aldi, Raspberry Jam: £0.90 jar Sainsbury's, Sweetener: £1.00 per jar Aldi, Vanilla Essence: £1.04 40ml, Tesco)

Enjoy bros!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Hot damn these look delicious.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Hot damn these look delicious.

You don't look too bland yourself studmuffin.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
You don't look too bland yourself studmuffin.

;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Let me know if you have any requests fellas, i.e. 'Bulking' recipes / High Protein / Keto / etc and i'll put up a couple of specific recipes.

Even specific ingredients like chicken/tuna/beef etc

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
BigAnalDrip not letting this thread die :D