Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 728190 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:58 PM »
How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it. 

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic. 

I thought this stuff jumped the shark a while a back.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »
sounds risky, ill invest my money in an old hardcore cellar gym rather.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:46:42 PM »
How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it.  

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic.  

Started way too late, in the early days most of the bitcoin hadn't been mined, if joe blow with even his i5 pc and ati graphics card had started mining from near the beginning, he'd be a rich man by now.As far as I'm aware most of the bitcoin has been mined now, unless further coins have been put out to be mined.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it. 

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic. 

That ship has sailed.  There was money to be made for a while but now mining is super slow and competitive and MtGox fucked over a lot of people and proved it is a big scam.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
That ship has sailed.  There was money to be made for a while but now mining is super slow and competitive and MtGox fucked over a lot of people and proved it is a big scam.

Yup, bitcoin was a money making activity when the cost of electricity you needed to use to mine was less than the value of the coins you mined, now the amount of electricity needed to even mine 1 coin id imagine is way past the value of the coin.Im guessing only people stealing company electricity are bothering now.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »
I wasn't aware of the specifics but I was sure that the fad has passed.  Thanks for the replies.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
Ask the bitcoin billionaire Vince Goodrum

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
Bitcoin flaws are to great. One of Bitcoins features was that it was suppose to be untraceable. It is very traceable. So no benefit over mobile pay systems like apple pay, Google pay, even PayPal. All safer then using a credit card, and the money is back by governments. 
Would have be nice for the world to have an universal currency. Too bad it will never will happen. 
A

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
I saw a documentary on Bitcoin.  What an odd group.  I'll stay with cash for now, but thanks.
Bunch of Internet geeks looking for the funny money to use as currency, created by a guy who was undefined.  Sounds legitimate.
Their big selling feature to stores is, we only take 1% of transactions.  Uhh...yeah, I'll pass again.  If the 3% on a card is that big an issue, just take cash.
N

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 04:55:06 PM »
Government beta test for an all digital currency.  Stay away from it.

Use cash for daily transactions... save in gold and silver.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
I'll just say this: I'm not trading it for my vintage 90's bodybuilding magazine stockpile anytime soon.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
I'll just say this: I'm not trading it for my vintage 90's bodybuilding magazine stockpile anytime soon.
Come on.  I'll give you 200 bitcoins and 4 Wonka bucks.
N

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 08:18:32 PM »
Come on.  I'll give you 200 bitcoins and 4 Wonka bucks.
im going to invent a new digital currency called "CockInches". The more you have, the bigger your e- penis is.  ;D
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Haha. The only money they'll ever see is when they sell the equipment in a year's time.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 01:02:41 AM »
Ask the bitcoin billionaire Vince Goodrum

i wonder what the Journal has to say about digital bee pollen futures.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
Haha. The only money they'll ever see is when they sell the equipment in a year's time.

LOL!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 09:34:46 AM »

Not really familiar with the whole Bitcoin scene but doesn't the hardware need to be upgraded all the time to keep up? If so, I doubt that selling today's equipment a year from now will be profitable.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:55 AM »

The ship has sailed for mining.  Game over.  Investment in mining is a total waste and in your friends case, a total disaster.

But Bitcoin itself is not a failure.  Right now 1 bitcoin = 245 USD.
Ψ

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
There are other variations out there like litecoin and something else I can't remember.  But the MtGox which stole hundreds of millions once bitcoin reached its peak was the nail in the coffin.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
The opinions expressed in this thread are firm evidence of the media's ability to shape mass opinion (coverage of bitcoin has been overwhelmingly negative since its inception), in this instance on a topic which requires independent research and a bit of technical knowledge to understand properly.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
Not my thing. No actual value, extremely volatile, too "new" and unproven and totally unregulated.

You can make a big profit in a short time period if you time it right, but you can also lose your ass or perhaps even get ripped off.

I've always said tread lightly with it if you insist on getting involved at all with it at this point... and know who you're dealing with.

When I start hearing the richest and smartest investors in the world are looking at it, I may reconsider. Until then, I'll stick to stocks, bonds, commodities, and the odd legit currency play. Have been a little short on yen and euros in the not too distant past. Just bought a little more gold, silver, and crude exposure with those same currencies when I recently bought them back.

I think China will be next to have problems, but it may take a little while.
A

Europe

• Getbig IV
Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
Didn't some getbiggers bought Bitcoins? They should cash in while it's still hot now!

Bitcoin spikes 70% in a month; nobody knows why
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/03/bitcoins-price-jumps-more-than-70-in-one-month.html

Bitcoin to be 6th largest reserve currency by 2030:
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/03/bitcoin-to-be-6th-largest-reserve-currency-by-2030-research.html

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Bitcoin price jumps through the roof!! (70 percent)
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »
Our Bitcoin Bedlam aka Bitcoin Behemoth is Melvin Goodrum

pissant

• Getbig III
Re: Bitcoin price jumps through the roof!! (70 percent)
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
Lol no body knows why. Cnbc is so fucking stupid. It's cause there is more demand than supply thus price increases.  Euro has also said it's non taxable and china is adopting it.