Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 766834 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5950 on: April 20, 2021, 07:23:05 PM »
Guys, take a step back for a moment.

All this talk about DOGE, Cardano, etc bla bla bla.

Picture yourself 10 years from now ... Realistically, what that is available now, will be around then and of any real significance?

Government Digital Coins? (Yes, of course, but tracking you and with infinite supply controlled by a centralized source).

All the various 10000+ "alts" around now? Almost none (and don't kind yourself that you can pick "the one").

Bitcoin - definitely, and hence this should be your largest HODL investment. And quite possibly gold, both for nostalgic reasons as well as being truly "off grid".

There will be all sorts of pumps and dumps and excitement and concerns etc along the way, but sometimes the best path is the most obvious one...

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5951 on: April 20, 2021, 07:26:12 PM »
So why is bitcoin the best?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5952 on: April 20, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »
FOMO back in?
Yes back in yesterday at .413 hoping for the dollar today.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5953 on: April 20, 2021, 09:03:43 PM »
always ladder in  and out of crypto and always leave some in for long term unless you think its going to zero.
Lesson learned for sure.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5954 on: April 21, 2021, 12:15:24 AM »

Shitty

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5955 on: April 21, 2021, 01:38:53 AM »
Guys, take a step back for a moment.

All this talk about DOGE, Cardano, etc bla bla bla.

Picture yourself 10 years from now ... Realistically, what that is available now, will be around then and of any real significance?

Government Digital Coins? (Yes, of course, but tracking you and with infinite supply controlled by a centralized source).

All the various 10000+ "alts" around now? Almost none (and don't kind yourself that you can pick "the one").

Bitcoin - definitely, and hence this should be your largest HODL investment. And quite possibly gold, both for nostalgic reasons as well as being truly "off grid".

There will be all sorts of pumps and dumps and excitement and concerns etc along the way, but sometimes the best path is the most obvious one...

Not everyone bought btc at the quantity and price you paid for it. The rest of us have better opportunities at maximizing our initial investment funds in other projects. If you think BTC is going to be the only thing around in 5 years, youre seriously mistaken.

Its not about finding "the one" like you keep bringing up, its finding several projects that will be of value in the coming years. Going through your posts , I get the impression yoire the only person suggesting there will be one crypto entity around.

Ethereum, Cardano, Chainlink, Uni, Polkadot, etc, they will be here for quite some time because they have good teams around them and they have utility. 

I was attempting to show the difference between those projects that have some utility as opposed to those that just have a group of people online  trying to drive the price up for no reason other than to make some quick bucks overnight.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5956 on: April 21, 2021, 03:28:26 AM »
BTC dominance still falling. Money going into alts. Still many good buys guys. Take advantage of the current situation.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5957 on: April 21, 2021, 03:38:42 AM »

Many reasons, including network gravitational effect, as well as longest legacy, most secure network, largest accumulation of monetary energy, best known "brand", broadest institutional adoption and infrastructure, by far the most dedicated computational power, the most decentralized, among many other reasons.

Its like asking why is Coca Cola the best compared to all of the "alt" Colas...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5958 on: April 21, 2021, 04:23:12 AM »
You also said it does not take that much to move Bitcoin or other cryptos. I'd have to find your post. How much cash influx would be required to push Doge to a $100 billion + market cap?

Yep because the HODL percentage dries up supply causing parabolic runs. In small markets very little is required because you have less players therefore like Dogecoin the HODL ratio is going to be high and have a huge impact on price.

When 98% HODL you probably see a 1,000x or more effect. Meaning 50M net change equals a 50B kit cap increase. This is why it flies up so quick and flies down so quick. If you are in you need to know how to exit.

This is why Elon is a prick because he is making his buddies rich and burning good, honest people. He pumps so his 98% buddies can exit ;) 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5959 on: April 21, 2021, 05:02:16 AM »
Many reasons, including network gravitational effect, as well as longest legacy, most secure network, largest accumulation of monetary energy, best known "brand", broadest institutional adoption and infrastructure, by far the most dedicated computational power, the most decentralized, among many other reasons.

But if you invested in the "alt" pepsi, you failed? lol ok.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5960 on: April 21, 2021, 05:06:03 AM »

I will get back into BTC for sure because it does better in bear markets. I think Ethereum will also do better compared to 2018 and not crash as hard. Cardano and Polkadot perhaps also because of all the staking that will prevent panic selling.

Alex cracks me up. Hilarious video below. No he does not think the bull run is over but he does provide some much needed reality checks. I also like how he refers to the crypto holders from 2017-2018 that remembered hodling all the way to the bottom with their diamond hands - "No they are not going to tell you when it’s all over and they are not going to go back to being middle class" LMAO! I'm one of them. Could have had a much bigger bag if I sold when Euphoria set in. My plan is to trade / sell perhaps 30% of my crypto holdings sometime this year to try and grow my portfolio. The remainder I will just stake as a long term investment strategy (like Saylor) and will not be too concerned with market corrections.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5961 on: April 21, 2021, 05:07:53 AM »

Coca Cola s pushing an anti-white narrative. Hopefully they will not be best for much longer. I will personally never purchase a Coca Cola product again,.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5962 on: April 21, 2021, 05:11:32 AM »
Yep because the HODL percentage dries up supply causing parabolic runs. In small markets very little is required because you have less players therefore like Dogecoin the HODL ratio is going to be high and have a huge impact on price.

When 98% HODL you probably see a 1,000x or more effect. Meaning 50M net change equals a 50B kit cap increase. This is why it flies up so quick and flies down so quick. If you are in you need to know how to exit.

This is why Elon is a prick because he is making his buddies rich and burning good, honest people. He pumps so his 98% buddies can exit ;)
Thanks. Yes this is a fascinating space we are in. You need to have the right mindset and can't be too emotionally attached.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5963 on: April 21, 2021, 05:23:33 AM »
Coca Cola s pushing an anti-white narrative. Hopefully they will not be best for much longer. I will personally never purchase a Coca Cola product again,.

Lol, you say that, but really? Its like saying you will never buy something "from China" again, or never eat a Big Mac. Easier said than done...

I once vowed never again to fly United Air. Again, easier said than done! :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5964 on: April 21, 2021, 05:39:05 AM »
I will get back into BTC for sure because it does better in bear markets. I think Ethereum will also do better compared to 2018 and not crash as hard. Cardano and Polkadot perhaps also because of all the staking that will prevent panic selling.

Alex cracks me up. Hilarious video below. No he does not think the bull run is over but he does provide some much needed reality checks. I also like how he refers to the crypto holders from 2017-2018 that remembered hodling all the way to the bottom with their diamond hands - "No they are not going to tell you when it’s all over and they are not going to go back to being middle class" LMAO! I'm one of them. Could have had a much bigger bag if I sold when Euphoria set in. My plan is to trade / sell perhaps 30% of my crypto holdings sometime this year to try and grow my portfolio. The remainder I will just stake as a long term investment strategy (like Saylor) and will not be too concerned with market corrections.

All great points.  The strategy pays off way belter than holding into long bear markets.
yes man. Stake for sure.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5965 on: April 21, 2021, 05:50:16 AM »

People will say because it's the first but like any technology , it will become obsolete in the near future when better Cryptos get created, ones with less energy use, easier to use, better code etc....  It will become the Windows 95 of Cryptos

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5966 on: April 21, 2021, 05:52:05 AM »

So many people are hoping for a dollar that I bet it will last a nanosecond at $1 if it makes it there before every limit sell order tries to execute at once.  Watch these crypto sites crash trying to sell off all of it.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5967 on: April 21, 2021, 06:00:13 AM »
So many people are hoping for a dollar that I bet it will last a nanosecond at $1 if it makes it there before every limit sell order tries to execute at once.  Watch these crypto sites crash trying to sell off all of it.

If it gets close to a dollar I will sell everything I own crypto wise because that will be the biggest sell sign ever.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5968 on: April 21, 2021, 06:27:58 AM »
People will say because it's the first but like any technology , it will become obsolete in the near future when better Cryptos get created, ones with less energy use, easier to use, better code etc....  It will become the Windows 95 of Cryptos

I think you are missing the point on BTC.

Code is regularly improved over time. User interfaces and 2nd layers will be built on top of BTC. The energy used is BTC's biggest strength (but that energy will over time come from entirely sustainable sources, for obvious reasons driven by economics...)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5969 on: April 21, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »
Eth having a good run. 25% up since the dump.

CHZ having a good one too. Up 30% since the dump. almost all my alts have performed better than BTC since the crash.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5970 on: April 21, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »
Not everyone bought btc at the quantity and price you paid for it. The rest of us have better opportunities at maximizing our initial investment funds in other projects. If you think BTC is going to be the only thing around in 5 years, youre seriously mistaken.

Its not about finding "the one" like you keep bringing up, its finding several projects that will be of value in the coming years. Going through your posts , I get the impression yoire the only person suggesting there will be one crypto entity around.

Ethereum, Cardano, Chainlink, Uni, Polkadot, etc, they will be here for quite some time because they have good teams around them and they have utility. 

I was attempting to show the difference between those projects that have some utility as opposed to those that just have a group of people online  trying to drive the price up for no reason other than to make some quick bucks overnight.

I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by "projects"? A project is creating or organizing something in which there is a beginning or and an end. Remodeling my kitchen is a project. Developing a more fuel efficient car is a project. How is BTC or ETH a project?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5971 on: April 21, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »

Very much agree with this post.

I think the crypto market will have a solid group of players come the next 5-10 years. While Bitcoin is a great store of wealth and is slowly becoming very mainstream, it isn't the only player in town. Ethereum, Binance Coin, Cardano, Polkadot, VeChain, Uni etc all have solid teams behind them and great partnerships.

I do agree that Bitcoin is the king, but he is aging and there are certainly other players in town that can allow for other people to enjoy the fruits which gib is feasting on today due to BTC's maturity.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5972 on: April 21, 2021, 01:01:51 PM »
The crypto market right now is basically dotcom boom playing out again.

One or 2 of the cryptos might be a future Amazon or google (it won't be bitcoin), but the vast majority are going to disappear once government/bank backed cryptos come into play.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5973 on: April 21, 2021, 02:39:42 PM »
The crypto market right now is basically dotcom boom playing out again.

One or 2 of the cryptos might be a future Amazon or google (it won't be bitcoin), but the vast majority are going to disappear once government/bank backed cryptos come into play.
Why won't it be bitcoin?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5974 on: April 21, 2021, 03:08:18 PM »
Why won't it be bitcoin?

Run the numbers and come to your own conclusions.

48million millionaires  in the world
2.5million btc left on the exchanges
100million + users said to grow to 1billion by 2025
21 million btc ONLY
~3million lost forever.