Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 766542 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8700 on: May 12, 2022, 05:22:51 AM »
No one can consistently call tops and bottoms. People just pull numbers out of their asses.

All you can do is follow the trend and it’s currently DOWN. Same with the stock market.

I understand, just like to pick everyone’s brain involved and go from there. Prices are so nice right now it’s hard not to bite.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8701 on: May 12, 2022, 05:38:54 AM »
ETH $ 1,935.33

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8702 on: May 12, 2022, 09:47:12 AM »
Burn fucker burn.  I want to see the housing market just drown in fire.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8703 on: May 12, 2022, 10:34:54 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8704 on: May 12, 2022, 12:03:47 PM »
This whole terra Luna shit is such bullshit.  It didn’t magically just vanish.   These fuckers that created it and run it fucked over everyone taking cash for themselves. It was a con from the start.  Just like Bitcoin has holes in it from being “untraceable” where now people can trace it.  All of these alt coins are scams.  All. 

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8705 on: May 12, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »
Burn fucker burn.  I want to see the housing market just drown in fire.

Some relief from recent insanity, sure.

A crash? No. It’ll go up again but not as quick.

You will spend every single cent on property and food and you will be happy.

No one can consistently call tops and bottoms. People just pull numbers out of their asses.

All you can do is follow the trend and it’s currently DOWN. Same with the stock market.

Spot on.

There are ways to spot a bottom in the current environment but we won’t know the exact price in advance. You only know once it’s in.

Luna is a great example. Belted down -50% and people jumped in at ‘the bottom’. Hit -50% and more bought at ‘the bottom’. Then -50%. Then -80% etc. It went from $100 now down to $0.02. Is it the bottom? Well LUNA is now being forked…… so no, the bottom is not in lol. But had people just waited and had patience they wouldn’t have gotten burned.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8706 on: May 12, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »
I understand, just like to pick everyone’s brain involved and go from there. Prices are so nice right now it’s hard not to bite.

Here are all my ranges to help anyone if they want it.

For now only focus if we get a daily close at or above 28.7k. The overall economic trend is down so my belief is we lose 28.7k and go to 19k. That’s my next target.

We have a handful of weeks for this to play out.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8707 on: May 12, 2022, 02:13:09 PM »
Here are all my ranges to help anyone if they want it.

For now only focus if we get a daily close at or above 28.7k. The overall economic trend is down so my belief is we lose 28.7k and go to 19k. That’s my next target.

We have a handful of weeks for this to play out.

Thanks mayday.appreciate your thoughts.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8708 on: May 12, 2022, 06:01:55 PM »

Here is my belief of some who has continually bought from $200 all the way to 68k. Jump in, don't try time it. Nobody knows for certain short term. My personal opinion, we won't see sub 20k ever. If next inflation numbers come out lower than 8.1 then we will see rally in the markets. If higher then maybe 24k.

Don't be a speculator/gambler, you're young enough to dump enough money In  and hold on for 5-10 years. Alts are getting flushed like last cycle, people are suiciding. Next wave a new batch  of idiots will come in and buy the next best shitcoin only to get dumped on.

Stick with Btc, you're a family man. Secure their future.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8709 on: May 12, 2022, 11:08:28 PM »

The problem I have with POS is it represents old financial legacy systems which are broken. Top validators are rewarded and can change the rules. POW/btc represents a parallel system which every one can participate on equal terms and not fear the rules been changed half way through due to legislation or an authoritarian regime.

Terra Validators Halt Blockchain for Second Time to Plot Next Steps

via @ftx_app

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/05/13/terra-validators-halt-blockchain-for-second-time-to-plot-next-steps/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=rss&utm_campaign=headlines

Yet BTC keeps pumping out blocks every 10minutes without a hiccup for 13 years straight. 

POW > POS

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8710 on: May 13, 2022, 01:27:17 AM »
Some people argue on Twitter the whole crypto space will be wiped out. Bitcoin has bottomed 15 - 20 percent from its recent bottom. It does not look like a wipe out to me. That is a strong bounce back. Stocks in europe are also up today.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8711 on: May 13, 2022, 01:29:11 AM »
if you look at a 3 year chart of bitcoin price, then we are bouncing off the 2021 lows. I think the bottom is in - or close to it. That would be my guess. What do you guys think?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8712 on: May 13, 2022, 02:01:01 AM »

via @ftx_app

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/05/13/terra-validators-halt-blockchain-for-second-time-to-plot-next-steps/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=rss&utm_campaign=headlines

Yet BTC keeps pumping out blocks every 10minutes without a hiccup for 13 years straight. 

POW > POS
Nothing is truly decentralized. Bitcoin would be decentralized on Earth if all the power and internet to run the network came from another planet or moon or numerous moons and planets and was broadcasted to Earth via satellites that are not controlled by Earth and that can defend themselves successfully against an attack. The planet(s) where Bitcoin is secured needs to be able to defend the power stations from interplanetary missile attacks / nukes.

But here on Earth it aims to be decentralized but it still has centralized attributes. Look at this chart. A handful of pools dominate the Bitcoin hash rate. If the three largest pools combined their hash rate they could make a 51% attack on Bitcoin.

https://fortune.com/2021/10/26/bitcoin-mining-capacity-ownership-concentration-top-investors-nber-study/

Just 0.1% of Bitcoin miners control half of all mining capacity, according to a new study

Bitcoin’s surging popularity hasn’t changed one of its original attributes. Its ownership is still concentrated in just a few hands.

The top 10,000 individual investors in Bitcoin control about one-third of the cryptocurrency in circulation, according to a study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Crypto enthusiasts have long pondered who the largest owners of Bitcoin are since the early days of the its existence. It can be especially difficult to determine the concentration of ownership, as many of the largest addresses don’t often represent individuals, but exchanges and other entities that hold Bitcoin on behalf of other investors.

However, by using a data collection method that differentiated between addresses belonging to intermediaries and individuals, NBER researchers were able to find the former controlled about 5.5 million Bitcoin at the end of last year while the latter controlled about 8.5 million. Additionally, the top 1,000 individual investors controlled about 3 million, and the concentration could be even greater.

“This measurement of concentration most likely is an understatement since we cannot rule out that some of the largest addresses are controlled by the same entity,” researchers Igor Makarov and Antoinette Schoar wrote.

For instance, the data did not not assign the ownership of early Bitcoins held in about 20,000 addresses to one person (Satoshi Nakamoto) and considered them as belonging to 20,000 different individuals.

The concentration of miners is even more profound, data show. NBER found that the top 10% of miners control 90% of the Bitcoin mining capacity, and just 0.1% (about 50 miners) control 50% of mining capacity. 

Such a high concentration could make the Bitcoin network vulnerable to a 51% attack, where a colluding set of miners or one miner is able to take control of a majority of the network. NBER found the concentration also decreases following sharp increases in the Bitcoin price, meaning the probability the network is vulnerable to a 51% attack is higher when Bitcoin’s price drops sharply.

“Our results suggest that despite the significant attention that Bitcoin has received over the last few years, the Bitcoin ecosystem is still dominated by large and concentrated players, be it large miners, Bitcoin holders or exchanges,” the researchers wrote. “This inherent concentration makes Bitcoin susceptible to systemic risk and also implies that the majority of the gains from further adoption are likely to fall disproportionately to a small set of participants.”

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8713 on: May 13, 2022, 02:58:51 AM »
When you hear a lot of chatter asking “Is the bottom in?” it’s a pretty good indicator that the bottom isn’t in.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8714 on: May 13, 2022, 05:06:25 AM »

They’re forming LUNA and already pushing their new coin.

Rinse and repeat.

There was a tweet from Raoul Pal’s business partner who was involved in running LUNa. Posted it was his only crypto holding and he lost everything and is in the same boat as everyone else…. GTFO….. disgusting tweet done purely as damage control for real Vision and Raoul. The leaders dumped their holdings and ran away with many millions before it went tits up. Crocodile tears

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8715 on: May 13, 2022, 05:12:39 AM »
Possible market catalyst we were waiting for.

I mentioned this as a possibility in one of these threads.

Elon Musk has put the Twitter deal on hold……

It went up 26% or so based on his deal, lol at the market carnage about to take place 👀

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8716 on: May 13, 2022, 05:24:15 AM »
Are we talking about Raoul Pal? He has questionable morality. He lives in some shitty little island (Cayman Island) or something like that, to avoid paying taxes. I doubt he is dumb enough to put all his eggs into one basket.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8717 on: May 13, 2022, 05:26:07 AM »
from Coinmarketcap:
The Terra blockchain has officially halted and UST has remained de-pegged from the US dollar since 9th May 2022.

why would they do this?
Why not just let it trade?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8718 on: May 13, 2022, 05:46:20 AM »
Possible market catalyst we were waiting for.

I mentioned this as a possibility in one of these threads.

Elon Musk has put the Twitter deal on hold……

It went up 26% or so based on his deal, lol at the market carnage about to take place 👀

Down big pre market even though futures are up big. Something is up. They also announced a hiring freeze.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8719 on: May 13, 2022, 05:46:26 AM »
Are we talking about Raoul Pal? He has questionable morality. He lives in some shitty little island (Cayman Island) or something like that, to avoid paying taxes. I doubt he is dumb enough to put all his eggs into one basket.

It’s his business partner from Real Vision. Reme.

from Coinmarketcap:
The Terra blockchain has officially halted and UST has remained de-pegged from the US dollar since 9th May 2022.

why would they do this?
Why not just let it trade?

Because it is no longer any sort of product and becomes a wrecking ball hurting customers on exchanges.

You got to remember this is an extreme case. $100 down to $1 then Degenerates YOLO’d and managed  to lose another 99%. Then even more degenerates pinged from 0.01 and managed to lose another 99%.

It was basically a spastic convention.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8720 on: May 13, 2022, 05:47:48 AM »
Dorsey’s other baby. I remember shitheads on CNBC pimping this company when it was in the 200s

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8721 on: May 13, 2022, 05:56:43 AM »
I still believe $BTC will go lower. With all these hedge funds liquidating, there's a whole lot more room to go down.

Bitcoin target $11K. I know, sounds insane to suggest such a low number.

"1"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8722 on: May 13, 2022, 06:02:12 AM »
I still believe $BTC will go lower. With all these hedge funds liquidating, there's a whole lot more room to go down.

"1"

Agree. Remember when this stock was the shit? Probably will go to zero.

I don’t claim to know the bottom but when busts happen people get surprised by how low prices can go an example being the banks in 2008.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8723 on: May 13, 2022, 06:06:57 AM »

"1"

This would be great.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8724 on: May 13, 2022, 06:08:24 AM »
Twitter deal on hold