Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 766352 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8975 on: September 11, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »
I'm exiting positions because of potential regulations not market conditions.

The SEC has been vocal on supporting Bitcoin and Ethereum being regulated as commodities. Bullish for BTC and ETH but it doesn't look good for everything else.

No point taking the risk sitting in ALTS right now with this potential nuke. Actual nuke could be months or even years away, but with BTC dominance where it now ALTS don't look worth the risk.

Seems very manipulated. The trend is clearly down but you have sharp spikes to hammer shorts:

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8976 on: September 11, 2022, 03:37:09 PM »
Seems very manipulated. The trend is clearly down but you have sharp spikes to hammer shorts:

Exchanges can see all leveraged positions and stop losses. The common belief is it's exchanges going hunting for early long or short positions.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8977 on: September 11, 2022, 05:15:04 PM »

0.75% rate hike this month and another 0.5% before year end not yet priced in. Sharemarket tried to sell off but couldn’t. It got to 3,890 and reversed.

Not manipulated but sharemarket can’t do what it expects it should do.

I don’t believe the ‘forward looking’ narrative. Maybe this is how the next ‘black swan?’ Event is created?

Everything hedged, market can no longer sell off to price in rate hikes and instead creates short squeeze after short squeeze by error. This gets us higher and higher then at some point rates and data look so bad people assume cuts and QE are coming which creates FOMO over these short squeezes and the entire thing goes bananas before and epic black swan collapse?

That’s my another of my short stories of total BS that won’t happen.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8978 on: September 11, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »
Exchanges can see all leveraged positions and stop losses. The common belief is it's exchanges going hunting for early long or short positions.

What seemed to have happened there is that Bitcoin broke downside support, traders jumped in and promptly got worked by the sharp reversal.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8979 on: September 11, 2022, 11:08:51 PM »
0.75% rate hike this month and another 0.5% before year end not yet priced in. Sharemarket tried to sell off but couldn’t. It got to 3,890 and reversed.

Not manipulated but sharemarket can’t do what it expects it should do.

What seemed to have happened there is that Bitcoin broke downside support, traders jumped in and promptly got worked by the sharp reversal.

I would say both answer are correct, just depends on your timeline. Short time frame and the manipulation looks obvious. Longer timeframe and it's clear it follows the broader market.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #8980 on: September 14, 2022, 09:17:13 AM »
The big merge is on the horizon.  I have about 10.5 ethereum.  What do the getbig financial experts think about this?  I’ve been doing a ton of research over the past few days and it really seems to be 50/50 as there are multiple factors that could affect the price in one way or another.  I have some cash on the side but can’t decide whether to go in on more or just wait for now!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8981 on: September 20, 2022, 04:48:55 AM »
So my feed is 80% sure we are going to 11k and the other 20% say it’s going to 6k.

At the start of the year My brother in law asked me to tell him when I thought the market had bottomed and when I was in. I told him, multiple times so he can’t blame me in the future. He said he will wait and see if this crash will play out.

Missing the bottom to then miss the 96k BTC top is going to cause utter carnage.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8982 on: September 20, 2022, 10:15:28 AM »
Anyone receive ETHW after the Merge?

I received today and will just hold.

Who knows how it could look in the next bullrun? Possibly non-existent but value is so low right now may as well hold on to it.

ETC (Ethereum Classic) didn’t too bad and had some decent pumps so we’ll see what happens with ETHW.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8983 on: September 20, 2022, 10:31:10 PM »
Anyone receive ETHW after the Merge?

I received today and will just hold.

Who knows how it could look in the next bullrun? Possibly non-existent but value is so low right now may as well hold on to it.

ETC (Ethereum Classic) didn’t too bad and had some decent pumps so we’ll see what happens with ETHW.

Yes, got my coins.

Perhaps they might do something in the next run but I’m not banking on it.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8984 on: October 04, 2022, 09:49:41 PM »
In 3 days time, if we close around the price we are at today, We begin a fresh start.

In other words, the bottom is in for the last run we just had. We reset and start the next round.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8985 on: October 11, 2022, 09:24:58 PM »
This is for Gib and Polydumbass from the Financial Times

Bitcoin > Gilts

We can’t believe we’re writing this . . . but long-term inflation-linked gilts have now crashed even harder than every online bro’s favourite digital “asset”.

Obviously this is a fight to be the least awful investment of the past year, and bitcoin is down about 67 per cent since last November. It’s hardly something to shout about for enthusiasts who claimed it would be a great inflation hedge.

But the fact that inflation-proofed long-term UK sovereign debt has done even worse has blown our minds. Just look at the chart at the top of this post. This is wild stuff.

https://www.ft.com/content/b3a83be1-a79f-4887-a622-cb1c7717e93f

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8986 on: October 12, 2022, 01:32:10 AM »
This is for Gib and Polydumbass from the Financial Times

Bitcoin > Gilts

We can’t believe we’re writing this . . . but long-term inflation-linked gilts have now crashed even harder than every online bro’s favourite digital “asset”.

Obviously this is a fight to be the least awful investment of the past year, and bitcoin is down about 67 per cent since last November. It’s hardly something to shout about for enthusiasts who claimed it would be a great inflation hedge.

But the fact that inflation-proofed long-term UK sovereign debt has done even worse has blown our minds. Just look at the chart at the top of this post. This is wild stuff.

https://www.ft.com/content/b3a83be1-a79f-4887-a622-cb1c7717e93f

Bottom is in and next top 96k.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8987 on: October 16, 2022, 11:18:33 AM »

Bottom is in and next top 96k.

want to buy bitcoin.... what exchange do you recommend?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8988 on: October 16, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »

I would go crypto.com or coinbase pro.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8989 on: October 16, 2022, 11:23:45 AM »

thanks.... aren't their fees much higher?

Someone said ftx or kraken to me

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8990 on: October 16, 2022, 02:25:52 PM »

For BTC and ETH I use exchanges inside my country authority because those exchanges are held to local regulations. I hold those coins in those exchanges.

For degenerate shitbag alt coins I use 1inch defi exchange.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8991 on: October 27, 2022, 01:08:57 PM »
Amazon getting crushed after hours after Facebook getting the same today:

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8992 on: October 27, 2022, 02:58:07 PM »
Amazon getting crushed after hours after Facebook getting the same today:

Lizzy and Flex, what are your thoughts on why ‘after hours’ suddenly seems to be where large moves are happening. Why is it not seen during trading hours?

PS I know zero about what after hours even is.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8993 on: October 27, 2022, 03:41:11 PM »
Lizzy and Flex, what are your thoughts on why ‘after hours’ suddenly seems to be where large moves are happening. Why is it not seen during trading hours?

Earnings releases typically take place after the market closes or before it opens. So, orders come in then and can have a big effect. It’s the same drill with economic reports like employment data or the CPI which are released before the open.

I’ve yet to figure out a way to play it as you’re just taking a guess as to how the market will react and if you’re wrong you can get hurt. I just stay clear.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8994 on: October 27, 2022, 04:01:57 PM »

Most major news regarding a company breaks after hours (and pre market) Amazon and apple quarterly earnings were announced after hours today. Amazon had pretty bad earnings and dumped hard. Apple did okay, but got dragged down by Amazon dump.

Large moves have always happened after hours though. Stocks are more volatile right now so the dumps and pumps seem pretty wild, but it's always been like this.

If you took the historical average of market hours trading (buy open, sell close) it's slightly red, but basically trades flat. Do the same for when markets are closed and it's up several 100 percentages

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8995 on: October 27, 2022, 10:43:42 PM »
Cheers lads  :)

Sharemarket looks crazy one sided. All I red is how people are going to short it from here. Same with crypto, oh it’ll go to xx and then I’ll short it again……

If something goes wrong it feels like everything might go to the upside. Then people short it again because ‘it’s gunna crash’ but it grinds up, rinse and repeat and things end up grinding higher and higher.

Then with so many in cash waiting for a crash…. What do they do? Buy? Price grinds higher once again…..

time wise we are edging closer and closer to big stimmy. What if this grinds up and then we hit Jan, stimmy comes in and then Market declares  ‘stimmy in, bullrun has started!’ And then we see a FOMO run for months on……

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8996 on: October 28, 2022, 02:16:12 AM »
Kind of like the property crash calls for the last year and people are sitting on the sidelines waiting for some epic crash but it hasn’t turned up.

Housing supply is tight as hell not just because newConstructions now take a year to complete instead of 4 months but owners have mortgages at 3% and don’t want to sell because the new rates are at 7%. The crash simply can’t manifest itself because there is so much weird stuff going on in the background.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #8997 on: October 28, 2022, 06:05:38 AM »

LMAO

Great advice, crypto.com is a few weeks from filing for bankruptcy, invest there and you won't see any of your money ever again ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8998 on: October 28, 2022, 01:43:48 PM »
LMAO

Great advice, crypto.com is a few weeks from filing for bankruptcy, invest there and you won't see any of your money ever again ;D

This is a very poorly informed post.

The biggest selling/marketing point for crypto is that you can buy it from an exchange like crypto.com and send it to your own private wallet.

It doesn't matter what happens to crypto.com after this as you now have custody of the asset.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8999 on: October 28, 2022, 11:00:23 PM »
Binance has low trading fees, 0.1%, but can be lower if using BNB for fees.