Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Serious Answer only: Please define "Conspiracy Theory".

(1/6) > >>

240 is Back:
Please define "Conspiracy Theory".

Is a conspiracy theory "something the govt says, that some people disagree with"? 
If so, when Bush said we were winning in Iraq a month ago, was that a conspiracy theory?

Is a conspiracy theory "something that only a few people believe"?
A majority of Americans believe JFK was killed by a group other than Oswald.

Is it just "something different from what the govt says"?
Declassified documents show that all administrations lie very frequently about events to serve their agendas. It's declassified 40 or 60 years later when everyone is dead and no one cares.

So what is your definition, and please, since this will steer so much of this new board, don't be the assclown douchehat that starts slamming.

OzmO:
CT=  Something that invovles 2 or more people who deliberatly do something that affects or changes and or is not what is or included in the "official" story.

240 is Back:
By definintion, 9/11 should be labeled a conspiracy because those 19 men conspired together.

The fact that our good friend in the paki intelligence sent 100,000 to Atta a few days before the attack suddenly shows two GROUPS.  this would def show a conspiracy.

The fact that the paki General's name was removed from all testinomy by the white house could show a conspiracy between the two nations. 

I hear "Let's not hear 240's conspiracy theories" but I don't think the people who say that even know what a conspiracy is.  They know to say that line and sing twilight zone music, but I am not sure they can even define what they're saying.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: OzmO on December 08, 2006, 08:27:39 AM ---CT=  Something that invovles 2 or more people who deliberatly do something that affects or changes and or is not what is or included in the "official" story.

--- End quote ---

and that hasn't been proved.  That's the "theory" part. 

OzmO:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on December 08, 2006, 09:35:26 AM ---and that hasn't been proved.  That's the "theory" part. 

--- End quote ---

This is true.  I was just writing from the hip  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version