Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

What kind of tactics are fair in war?

<< < (9/11) > >>

Hugo Chavez:

--- Quote from: cap86 on December 14, 2006, 05:40:46 PM --- If you want to save lives, send in quiet professionals under cover of darkness and just take them out.  Or if you have to act during the day, do what they did in Somalia, have snipers set up to just pick people off whether shooting or not.  I think recon by fire works best but not every mission allows for it.

--- End quote ---
Yea, I agree, sounds good, but it also sounds like something that isn't going to work very well in an urban setting.

Cap:

--- Quote from: Berserker on December 14, 2006, 05:43:35 PM ---Yea, I agree, sounds good, but it also sounds like something that isn't going to work very well in an urban setting.

--- End quote ---
Sniping would need multiple locations.  Delta could pull off killing people without being noticed but I agree there are some better strategies for urban combat, too bad the Marines suck at it.

Hugo Chavez:

--- Quote from: cap86 on December 14, 2006, 05:46:02 PM --- Sniping would need multiple locations.  Delta could pull off killing people without being noticed but I agree there are some better strategies for urban combat, too bad the Marines suck at it.

--- End quote ---
That's not cool... They do a lot with a little and they're Americans fighting for their Country all the same.

Fury:
All's fair in love and war.

Cap:

--- Quote from: Berserker on December 14, 2006, 05:48:56 PM --- That's not cool... They do a lot with a little and they're Americans fighting for their Country all the same.

--- End quote ---
It isn't cool.  I don't think that is their job.  Marines pride themselves on being able to shoot out to 800 yds.  I'm not saying the Marines suck and need to go home.  They are not trained well for urban combat.  Rangers are better at attacking a target and killing everything inside.  Marines need to be sent home and retrained.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version