Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Afghan heroin supply on rise across America

<< < (2/5) > >>

sandycoosworth:

--- Quote from: Camel  Jockey on December 28, 2006, 08:02:18 AM ---I never knew this.. But I do know that a certain portion is smuggled in by immigrants, as it's pretty easy to get away with a 1-4 kg shipment. And I've also seen pakis bragging around the NYC area about doing it.

--- End quote ---

i dont doubt it, but thats like pennies compared to the tonnes and tonnes the CIA smuggles in ...

Hugo Chavez:
Good posts all, pretty much what I was thinking too... I didn't see where the article blames the people of afganistan but rather points to the war against the taliban and the boom in poppy crops as a result.  There's no unfactual information.  It would be nice if they directly addressed WHY we're turning out backs on the problem, but not a chance... So anybody think we have anything that points to the CIA profiting on this to fund operations... again... Sandy mentions the CIA and this is what I figured to be a big part of what's going on.

sandycoosworth:
the global illegal drug trade is a trillion dollar industry

it would be very naive to believe that those who could profit from it (ie governments) would chose not to

the really interesting part of this economy is when large amreekan corporations launder drug money, perfectly legally :)

Hugo Chavez:

--- Quote from: sandycoosworth on December 28, 2006, 08:31:09 AM ---the global illegal drug trade is a trillion dollar industry

it would be very naive to believe that those who could profit from it (ie governments) would chose not to

the really interesting part of this economy is when large amreekan corporations launder drug money, perfectly legally :)

--- End quote ---
I agree.... Even more naive when there is a history of agencies/governments doing it.

sandycoosworth:
the drug trade has been used for many years to help keep wall street afloat ...

basically wallstreet is a huge artificial bubble (dow just closed above 12500 yesterday didnt it?) and in order to sustain that bubbe all you need to do is make the minimum monthlies, much like with your credit card... enter drug money and voila :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version