Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Prosecutors seek waiver to charge boy, 15, with murder

<< < (3/14) > >>

kcballer:
I think a tough sentence is in order, but certainly not life without parole or anything like that. 

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Hereford on February 02, 2011, 09:28:22 AM ---Nah, I'll bet this woman is not really quite as dead as if she'd been strangled by a 30 year old.

Let the kid go. The womans family should understand.

--- End quote ---

Where would you draw the line?  What age?

dario73:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on January 30, 2011, 11:53:50 AM ---I think 11 is too young. 

JUDGE JEANINE PIRRO: Should an 11-Year-Old Be Tried For Murder as an Adult?
By Judge Jeanine Pirro
Published January 28, 2011
FoxNews.com

--- End quote ---

The face of evil:

240 is Back:
wouldnt it be LIBS who want to let him go with a strong talking to... and conservatives who wanna lock him up for 50 years?

Lock him up.

225for70:

--- Quote from: Hedgehog on May 29, 2007, 03:34:26 AM ---Problem is he may go to jail.

I have no problem whatsoever with locking this kid up for whatever time it takes to get him straight.

But the prisons of today, with minimal rehabilition functions?

That's a waste.

FWIW, I have the same view on all sentencings.

I don't have any problem with putting people in prison for a long time, if it means that they will be straight when they come out.

My only priority is law-abiding citizens.

As short sentence as possible is in the interest of the taxpayers, and that can only be done if the time spent is effective.

From my point of view, every year this kid is in prison, the society loses input to the GNP.

-Hedge

--- End quote ---

don't forget the other side of the equation, the society pays of him to be in jail. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version