Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

And now Pence...

<< < (10/11) > >>

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on January 30, 2023, 06:57:23 PM ---That seems to fly in the face of the 2009 executive order. I'm not 100% sure but I'm betting the VP does have broader authority than what you are indicating. I've no doubt you posted a legitimate code, but I think when the dust clears the executive order will supersede the older code. I could be wrong.   

But lets say for the sake of argument the VP can declassify documents under that E.O. That doesn't let him off the hook any more than it lets Trump off the hook. As has been said here by many, there are protocols to declassifying documents which seem to have been ignored. They had no reason to have possession. So I'm still interested in seeing this through

--- End quote ---

You do realize an EO is not a law and cannot contradict either a law or the Constitution?  And yes the limitation on the VP's authority is exactly what I said. 

Biden's situation is nothing like Trump's situation.  The three most glaring differences are Trump had declassification authority before leaving office, while Biden did not.  Trump took documents with him and the FBI knew, while Biden had documents for six to sixteen years and nobody knew.  Trump had documents in a room protected by secret service, with a lock requested by the FBI, while Biden had documents in multiple locations, including a garage frequented by his crackhead son.  No comparison.   

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 30, 2023, 07:39:24 PM ---You do realize an EO is not a law and cannot contradict either a law or the Constitution?  And yes the limitation on the VP's authority is exactly what I said. 

Biden's situation is nothing like Trump's situation.  The three most glaring differences are Trump had declassification authority before leaving office, while Biden did not.  Trump took documents with him and the FBI knew, while Biden had documents for six to sixteen years and nobody knew.  Trump had documents in a room protected by secret service, with a lock requested by the FBI, while Biden had documents in multiple locations, including a garage frequented by his crackhead son.  No comparison.

--- End quote ---

I guess since I think you are wrong, We can agree to disagree. The glaring differences are not what you reported

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: chaos on January 29, 2023, 09:36:28 AM ---One document or 500, should invoke the same response. Out of Trump, Pence and Biden, only one had the authority to declassify the documents he was in possession of. Care to guess who that was?

--- End quote ---

As far as I'm concerned having classified documents whether it be 1 or 500 does elicit the same response in that it's wrong, careless, sloppy, should not happen ever no matter the party.  How the person/team handles these documents in terms of returning them, refusing to return them, etc. is an entirely separate response. 

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: LurkerNoMore on January 25, 2023, 08:50:57 AM ---I have family.  Not care giving aides I am related to.  Handicap people are such a burden for the rest of the family.  No wonder they park you on the internet and let it babysit you.

--- End quote ---

Dude...

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on January 25, 2023, 06:21:00 AM ---I'm not in trumps base to be clear.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you've said, but the raid was unnecessary.  And the coverage as well - has he been charged with potentially exposing the nuke codes yet?  It would have eventually resolved itself.  If the DOJ really thought national security was at stake, the raid should have happened much earlier.

And, regardless of whether Biden's team is cooperating, he still did it.

--- End quote ---

I don't know that the raid was unnecessary as it seems the information as  it was reported was all other means were exhausted. I do agree with you on the "Biden still did it"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version