Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

Permanent Makeup

<< < (2/4) > >>

Original Sin:

--- Quote from: Princess L on September 07, 2006, 01:48:48 PM ---It doesn't quite qualify as "permanent", but I get my eyelashes tinted ocassionally.  They're so light in color, they're practically clear  ::) and I'd rather not wear mascara everyday - esp. on vacation.

--- End quote ---

What does a procedure like that cost?
How long does i last?
Does it stand out like mascara?
and lastly
Is it waterproof?

~interrogation ended~

It sounds interesting though.

Princess L:

--- Quote from: Original Sin on September 07, 2006, 05:52:08 PM ---What does a procedure like that cost?
How long does i last?
Does it stand out like mascara?
and lastly
Is it waterproof?

~interrogation ended~

It sounds interesting though.

--- End quote ---

It costs about $18 and takes about 15 mins. 
Since your lashes are always falling out and re-growing, it only lasts about 3 weeks or so.  It only adds color, not thickness or length, but that’s all I need on a “daily” basis.  I may “enhance” with mascara at night or something.

The procedure is performed in a reclined chair.  Vaseline is smeared below the lower lashes and a thin, flexible, plastic form is “stuck” to the Vaseline right underneath the lower lashes.  Close eyes.  Then the dye is applied to the top part of the upper lashes using a small fan shaped brush. It’s the consistency of lotion. Wait 10 mins to “set”.   It permeates the entire lash including the lowers.  It just soaks in.  Remove the forms and wipe off the Vaseline and whola!

The person doing it has to have a very steady hand because if it gets in your eye it’s apparently very dangerous.  I’ve never had a problem.

Amy, I think it might be illegal in your state  ??? because of the “danger”.  From what I understand, the professional must be licensed in order to purchase the product.  I have mine done by an esthetician.  She does eyebrows too, but I did not like the result.  The color looked fake on me.

Oh, and yes, since it's like a permanent dye, it's waterproof.

Original Sin:
Thanks  :)

I may check that out, definitely sounds worth trying at least once.
We women sure do some strange things though :)

Laura Lee:

--- Quote from: Original Sin on September 07, 2006, 06:49:56 PM ---Thanks  :)

I may check that out, definitely sounds worth trying at least once.
We women sure do some strange things though :)

--- End quote ---
Let's go do it Rac.   :D

Laura Lee:

--- Quote from: Original Sin on September 07, 2006, 07:43:16 PM ---I think I am still fighting with you...yep pretty sure
I can't remember what about again, but I am positive it had to be Michael's fault.
so

>:( >:( >:( >:(

--- End quote ---
Are you sure you can be positive about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version